IGNORED

Lady Gaga - Alejandro

Brandi_B

Guest Greg Reason

I don't think WATMM should have a strict "IDMZ ONLY PLZ" rule. I think people should just talk about whatever music is doin it for em.

Gaga is alright. Her imagery and all is quite well handled so it really surprised me when I heard her album (and EP) because her music is so normal and typical of the genre. She really doesn't break any new ground whatsoever musically. And that makes me think that after she ramps up her imagery to the max she's either going to have to get some really fucking good songs happening or just give up on the whole deal. The later would undoubtedly be an option because it's not like she'll ever have to work again in her life.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's pop dammit. if musical new ground has been broken, it's by complete accident! if hoi polloi likes it, it cannot be earth shattering new. it just can't. and don't tell you think timbaland broke any musical ground.

Guest Greg Reason

it's pop dammit. if musical new ground has been broken, it's by complete accident! if hoi polloi likes it, it cannot be earth shattering new. it just can't. and don't tell you think timbaland broke any musical ground.

Rubbish. The Beatles were pop music and they broke more new ground than anyone before or since.

see, that's the complete accident i was talking about. and where do you see elvis in all of this? david bowie? hendrix? what is pop anyways?

Guest Greg Reason

see, that's the complete accident i was talking about. and where do you see elvis in all of this? david bowie? hendrix? what is pop anyways?

Seeing as the term Pop Music is a shortening of Popular Music I think our definition is pretty clearcut

Guest Greg Reason

I haven't heard the song or seen the video, but I heard it pissed of catholics, so that's good I guess

Haha yeah like Katy Perry, moral defender of the faith that she is............... :rolleyes:

Guest tht tne

I haven't heard the song or seen the video, but I heard it pissed of catholics, so that's good I guess

Haha yeah like Katy Perry, moral defender of the faith that she is............... :rolleyes:

say whatsoever you will, but katy perry has bigger ta-tas than lady gaga

Guest Greg Reason

yeah I know, they're fantastic, and they spare me from ever having to look at that snotty face of hers :biggrin:

Guest tht tne

yeah I know, they're fantastic, and they spare me from ever having to look at that snotty face of hers :biggrin:

additionally and what's more, katy perry did a response track to that stupid "n.y. state of mind" track by jay-z and alicia keys; i hate that song

Lady gaga to me is simply the queen of attention whores, she has an eye for weird things and an ear for all things catchy. Great pop star material, & you probably don't even have to tell her what to do like you would somebody like Britney Spears.

A lot of very impressionable people often tell me I don't understand Gaga, that shes a classically trained jazz pianist and a just a genius musician in general. I have seen youtube videos of the Stefani Germanotta band and I quite liked what she was doing but nowadays she just has RedOne produce all her beats (except for like one track i think)...and with that the argument flies out the window. I think behind all the bullshit there is a very clever girl who should have never let the industry take hold of her. I think at some point she had a vision and she still seems to be a creative mind, but she's letting too many people concerned with selling records give her advice.

Guest Greg Reason

I dunno, she seems to be doing things on her own terms. I think she still gets her ideas put in front of everyone else's, I just think she wants to make fuckloads of money. Which she is doing.

if that's the case maybe she'll make a couple catchy records then begin subverting her fans with cooler music that attempts to match the edgy cyberpunky fetishy vibe of her vids

Guest tht tne

Lady gaga to me is simply the queen of attention whores, she has an eye for weird things and an ear for all things catchy. Great pop star material, & you probably don't even have to tell her what to do like you would somebody like Britney Spears.

A lot of very impressionable people often tell me I don't understand Gaga, that shes a classically trained jazz pianist and a just a genius musician in general. I have seen youtube videos of the Stefani Germanotta band and I quite liked what she was doing but nowadays she just has RedOne produce all her beats (except for like one track i think)...and with that the argument flies out the window. I think behind all the bullshit there is a very clever girl who should have never let the industry take hold of her. I think at some point she had a vision and she still seems to be a creative mind, but she's letting too many people concerned with selling records give her advice.

redone is a pretty sick producer

redone is a pretty sick producer

Yes. A lot of great ear candy in his productions. That high pass sweep a lil after the beginning of alejandro is a good example.

Archived