IGNORED

Bola: BaumCycle anyone?

Guest BOLAFAN76

Guest BOLAFAN76

Hey all first time poster, long time lurker...I am looking for the Bola track Baumcycle, someone posted it last year and I missed it. I have the Gescom G1 track to share if anyone is interested! This would be a big help as I am frustrated trying to find this, thanks for all your help!

Hey come on- it shouldn't be about having things to bargain with. Surely he wants this track to enjoy listening to, not because of any perceived "value"?

This coming from a huge Bola fan. Who doesn't have anything to bargain with, but still loves Darrell's work.

Guest ruiagnelo

Yea i see nothing wrong on it too. We are all looking for rare tracks also, so that makes him one of us.

I was really surprised at how nice the Gescom G1 track is, especially considering the mixed reception it got here a while back. I recall one person saying that the track is basically the same as Bola's Mask 200 track, which is not true at all. It's more like a less polished Diamortem.

I second the motion for Baumcycle. Anyone have it? and does anybody know what the deal is with Ambrosia?

Guest ruiagnelo

I was really surprised at how nice the Gescom G1 track is, especially considering the mixed reception it got here a while back. I recall one person saying that the track is basically the same as Bola's Mask 200 track, which is not true at all. It's more like a less polished Diamortem.

I second the motion for Baumcycle. Anyone have it? and does anybody know what the deal is with Ambrosia?

I hope it's coming soon and i hope it sounds soup-ish :music:

Guest Greg Reason

Just noticed now: you should have posted in the music forum. But its fine anyway.

Haha was wonderin how long it would take someone to give him the "read the rules" speech :biggrin:

In all fairness there really should be a Bola subforum. I mean he was one of the innovators and he hasn't made a single bad track

Guest ruiagnelo

Just noticed now: you should have posted in the music forum. But its fine anyway.

Haha was wonderin how long it would take someone to give him the "read the rules" speech :biggrin:

In all fairness there really should be a Bola subforum. I mean he was one of the innovators and he hasn't made a single bad track

True that. Because of this new member talking about bola i went back to my stuff and re listened to it again. Soup and Shapes are full of magnificent tunes and i enjoy KS and 1 EPs as well :music:

Guest Greg Reason

Because of this new member talking about bola i went back to my stuff and re listened to it again. Soup and Shapes are full of magnificent tunes and i enjoy KS and 1 EPs as well :music:

I like Gnayse and Fyuti the best but my single fav track is 'Diamortem'. Godlike.

I've been thinking about Ambrosia as well. Maybe he didn't like the name anymore and removed all images related. But I believe the album was supposed so be long released by now.

I was actually really surprised when I found out Gnayse was released years after Fyuti. Fyuti sounds way more clean to me and in a way also more advanced technically. But it's cool that he went back to a somewhat more Soup-style album with Gnayse.

And this is what happened to me when I got Kroungrine for Christmas :ohmy: :

bolakrysmus.jpg

Guest Greg Reason

Haha legendary photos. I'm afraid I'm not gonna put me in this shot but here's my pertinent snap:

30588_403440532511_550177511_4210740_7326716_n.jpg

Guest ruiagnelo

Haha legendary photos. I'm afraid I'm not gonna put me in this shot but here's my pertinent snap:

30588_403440532511_550177511_4210740_7326716_n.jpg

Nice collection there mate :wink:

I listened to that Jello LP today and it's pretty good also. I don't see shapes there, or at least not the cover i know. Do you have it?

Guest Greg Reason

Nah I don't have Shapes, I refuse to buy CDs and it's too expensive on wax. I'll grab it when I have plenty of disposable income (ie in many many years)

My grandpa's bedroom has 1950's drapes that looks just like the Voile-cover. That's the main reason I bought it.

Btw my mp3player fucked up my Jello-folder today. The whole player is just 2 GB, look at the filesize and the dates (beware, German OS) ... and I can't delete it :closedeyes:

wtfmp3player2.gif

Guest ruiagnelo

My grandpa's bedroom has 1950's drapes that looks just like the Voile-cover. That's the main reason I bought it.

Btw my mp3player fucked up my Jello-folder today. The whole player is just 2 GB, look at the filesize and the dates (beware, German OS) ... and I can't delete it :closedeyes:

wtfmp3player2.gif

wft? Could it be any virus? Be careful with those sons of bitches :shuriken:

Mhh I doubt that somehow, it's just this folder. I could have caused it by deleting the files manually in the mp3 players interface when I needed some free space to record something outside. Maybe windows now can't handle that the thing has changed since last time and fills it with these bullshit files ... it doesn't take up any real space on the device either, it's just that un-deletable folder now. :shrug:

Nah I don't have Shapes, I refuse to buy CDs and it's too expensive on wax. I'll grab it when I have plenty of disposable income (ie in many many years)

The Shapes CD includes songs not on the vinyl, unfortunately...

Guest ruiagnelo

Excluding 0161 and work by Gescom, here's my Bola collection. Can you identify the records on the right? I include Mask 300 because the last song must be the work of Bola.

Ks by Bola, pretty good record there. Also the white one standing on the right, maybe Bola's 1 EP (?) I am not sure. :huh:

Guest Greg Reason

Excluding 0161 and work by Gescom, here's my Bola collection. Can you identify the records on the right? I include Mask 300 because the last song must be the work of Bola.

Hmm just listened to that last track on Mask 300 and I don't know, it may or may not be Daz.... Doesn't sound immensely like him. But we do know that he's definitely on 200! Obviously.

Ks by Bola, pretty good record there. Also the white one standing on the right, maybe Bola's 1 EP (?) I am not sure. :huh:

1 is the tan coloured one on the far left

Hmm just listened to that last track on Mask 300 and I don't know, it may or may not be Daz.... Doesn't sound immensely like him. But we do know that he's definitely on 200! Obviously.

You're talking about the one by Plateau, right? I think it has his sound, somewhere between soup and fyuti. I suppose we may never get official confirmation, though.

The one without the label is the other D Breez single. You can get "Touch" very cheap on discogs right now, but it's probably not worth it... the music sounds nothing like bola, and isn't too interesting :sad:

Archived