IGNORED

"Move of ten" is out on bleep

i was thinking the same, hard to tell, looks lile handmade but also there are softwares that makes generative programs looking like they're handmade, i used to have one... nice set of 12". great tracks.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ansgaria

How is this compared to 'Oversteps'? I assume it's the same ambient style, but is it just a complete continuation of the last record? Curious as hell.

Guest ansgaria

Nah it's totally different. Think EP7 with techno beats, industrial and a few dark/glitchy ambient moments. Some great stuff on there

That sounds absolutely fantastic. I need to go check if Bleep still has any vinyl copies left.

on topic: vinyls arrived on friday! sounds god tier in teh bass department, well pumpy! i love this release.

artwork's pretty nice too, tho i kinda get a more orange vibe from record 2 while i'd associate the blue/greyish tone with the more industrial first half... but then again maybe i just suck at synaesthesia.

Got mine Thursday and was pleasantly surprised with the fast shipping. Also nice that this time I didn't have to wait for a month for Bleep to ship out a second copy that wouldn't get lost by fucking Royal Mail scumbastards.

yeah - like i said earlier, it would have worked better as a 1x12" release - why are most autechre EPs split across two records?

because of the lenght i guess. you can put 26 min of music on a side of vinyl. but the sound is less good. it will sound better with, like, 12min for each side, so 2x12"...

From my relatively recent love affair with vinyl I get the impression this is really the key to a great sounding cut. If you want good bass combined with a reasonably loud cut (minimizing apparent surface noise), the groove just needs room to move. Hence why (practically) any decently mastered "club-style" 12 inch (only 6-7 minutes a side plus the advantage of 45 rpm) will sound better than (practically) any LP. The audible benefit to my ears is orders of magnitude greater than what you get from "audiophile" heavy vinyl releases (that are commonly compromised by cramming up to 25 minutes on a side because of, well, people who don't like having to change sides I guess).

Guest Enter a new display name

yeah - like i said earlier, it would have worked better as a 1x12" release - why are most autechre EPs split across two records?

Because they know you would purchase them separately anyway, since you would rather take your own life than get the CD for $10.

because of the lenght i guess. you can put 26 min of music on a side of vinyl. but the sound is less good. it will sound better with, like, 12min for each side, so 2x12"...

From my relatively recent love affair with vinyl I get the impression this is really the key to a great sounding cut. If you want good bass combined with a reasonably loud cut (minimizing apparent surface noise), the groove just needs room to move. Hence why (practically) any decently mastered "club-style" 12 inch (only 6-7 minutes a side plus the advantage of 45 rpm) will sound better than (practically) any LP. The audible benefit to my ears is orders of magnitude greater than what you get from "audiophile" heavy vinyl releases (that are commonly compromised by cramming up to 25 minutes on a side because of, well, people who don't like having to change sides I guess).

are the moves of ten records cut at 45 rpm? your logic prevails but i haven't' personally listened to any of Warp's stuff cut at 45rpm or spread across 2 x 12", Warp in general doesn't have a great track record of good vinyl mastering. Pretty much every release i own of theirs has some issues, either it's too quiet or it's mastered kind of weak or worst case scenario has a lot of built in surface noise. I think the best Warp release i own is Quaristice on vinyl.

y7 is their greatest shit in a while

so bland at first but came alive finally

the acid squelch absolutely stomps traele

Move of ten are 33s but probably maximum ~ 15 minutes per side. Nice compromise I think, they're my only Warp vinyl so far but no complaints in the sound quality department.

y7 is their greatest shit in a while

so bland at first but came alive finally

the acid squelch absolutely stomps traele

well said. this track grew like no other, and I still can't get enough of it

They should release Perlence subrange 6-36 on vinyl, 4 sides for one track :squarepusher:

Edit:

and end it in a locked groove, so you can listen to it forever

and give each vinyl its own custom scratches and surface noise, to create a new "track" in the subrange

Am I being sarcastic or serious now? I don't even know :squarepusher:

fuck yes! :emotawesomepm9: this is what I was hoping Oversteps would be (it still hasn't fully clicked with me :dry: )... This is great! :music:

Archived