IGNORED

"Move of ten" is out on bleep

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

XXX.. Personally, I got into electronic music without drugs (unless you count drinking a couple beers now and then.. or coffee.. which are drugs to be fair enough). In fact I only started toking a few years ago.. After a decade of serious musical exploration I just found that 90% of the time when I ran into people who were genuinely interested in musical exploration, there were joints going around. Everyone else is too busy projecting their egos to open their ears.

And no offense intended, but declaring what is 'healthy' or 'paranoid' in music.. that's utter projection and being completely dismissive, plain and simple. My father worked in a jail and all the inmates in the jail listened to heavy metal. Therefore metal was contraband in my parent's house because that was music 'inmates' listened to. This album sounds paranoid? I could not possibly disagree more. It sounds quite focused and concise. Each track is a short expression of a concept that is to the point. Maybe seeming aleatoric processes make some people uncomfortable, personally I've always found them relaxing and soothing. But I don't need music to hold my hand or stroke my ego with a wet finger.

Historically speaking a lot of the most fascinating and culturally-affecting art has been made by people on the fringes, (drug users or not), all the clap-happy people make forgettable party albums of the year that simply recycle what's there. I'm much more interested in art that is affecting than going home and wanking off to 'joe's synth string musical therapy with ocean waves sounds and seagulls volume 2'. Although I would like to make a happy relaxations new age album someday just for the lolz.

all the clap-happy people make forgettable party albums of the year that simply recycle what's there.

I think all artists are recycling what's already there - otherwise, what do they work with? It's just that some do it in more interesting or thoughtful ways.

Guest theSun

interesting assertion xxx, but i don't really agree. not to say that you can't make anything intricate while stoned, but it's so detailed and precise i can't help but think they did it mostly sober. then again b and b have probably been toking since i was born so it probably affects them as much as a cup o' joe.

i've said it before but these past 2 release just give me a big, expectant ae boner.

all the clap-happy people make forgettable party albums of the year that simply recycle what's there.

I think all artists are recycling what's already there - otherwise, what do they work with? It's just that some do it in more interesting or thoughtful ways.

Absolutely. And the best artists of course steal. So maybe you could say not just more interesting or thoughtful ways, but also more communicative and personal ways. I think the process of writing music isn't much different than opening up your mouth and saying what's on your mind (you have to learn language to do that in the first place). Good musicians really have their own unique thumbprint on their work that distinguishes what they do from everything else and they aren't afraid to take risks to find out what works and what doesn't.

Anyway I think that listening to music is entirely subjective and the way we react to music often says more about us than it does about the music. Just sayin'.

(Also, I have nothing against people having fun listening to party albums. Some party albums do stick around. But some music certainly seems to have a longer shelf life and period of relevance than other music.)

pitchfork :facepalm:

...From the sound of these two records, it seems possible that Booth and Brown generated a large batch of material in the two years since Quaristice and decided to split it into complementary records, each with a different focus. While Oversteps had a number of drifting, ambient pieces mixed in with rhythm-oriented tracks that at times nodded toward dubstep...

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/14461-move-of-ten/

got my vinyl yesterday! sounds fuckin' awesome. looks great too!

edit: i hadn't listened to it in a few weeks, was waiting for the vinyl, now it's growing on me like a motherfucker.

got an email today too, it says it got shipped july 5th so it would arrive on release date ;D

Me too, but as we've all got our digital files anyway, it's really just the packaging we're waiting for ;-)

Hell no, I'm waiting so much for the vinyl pressing that I spent so much money on. As a confident audiophile who enjoys Autechre, I ought to make sure I have the best-fucking-first-listen-ever of a new Autechre release. And I have to tell the forum so you all feel guilty about your inferior methods of listening to Autechre.

;-) ;-)

Finally bought move of ten...I downloaded the wav files and listened to it a few times. I've got a very good first impression, some tracks are bangers, and it stays close to Oversteps. Really like it and can't wait to receive my copy (finally it will be the cd, vinyls were too expansive). But I still don't like y7 :/

I don't know why there isn't more love for y7. It kind of melts in your mouth like candy. But that just might be the old synaesthesia acting up again..

really is a textural delight. sounds better every time, especially in the context of the other tracks (as stated before)

Guest victorian sewer rituals

for the record i will let you all know that this is an amazing release and autechre are on top of their game as they have been for like 20 years or something.

ae fucking shreds, dudes. i mean really, most of you are such piece of shit faggots coming round here like, "yeah, i don't really like it as much as the fucking soundtrack to a crumb of bread my friend's brother made in like 1909 with a banana and whore's lipstick. you know, it really isn't as cool as "quarisfeilded" which has the best songs and stuff. i'm an old piece of shit and nostalgia for my youth is more potent than the awe of really awesome new music. i'm a teenager and my parents are fucking tossers so i got drunk and listened to this at 1kbps mp1s played through my gameboy deluxe mark 2 and i've gotta say this is not sounding good to these ears. i'm a woman so naturally this music does not appeal to me since it lacks emo lyrics. i'm just a total fucking moron and this isn't cool at all come on guys make the next whatever album of yours i really like. the other day i jacked myself off and as i came i shattered the mirror i had been staring into and the glass shards sliced open my mini-size dick and now i'm in a bad mood and so i put this on and wtf does it suck. i really wish this was more like fucking joanna newsom, flying lotus, animal collective, whatever stupid bullshit watmm is always cry-cumming over."

fuck you fucking cock holes, this shit is fucking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- alcofribas

Guest Enter a new display name

I don't know why there isn't more love for y7. It kind of melts in your mouth like candy. But that just might be the old synaesthesia acting up again..

Let me guess: you didn't purchase the 2x12".

that's awaiting next paycheck, along with more my bloody valentine reissues :)

y7 is strangely the one track that has grown on me the most, i rate it as one of the top tracks on the ep now, after initially writing it off...

y7 is strangely the one track that has grown on me the most, i rate it as one of the top tracks on the ep now, after initially writing it off...

Completely agree with that statement. When I first heard it I liked it but really brushed it off now its one of my favorite and gets heavy rotation.

Anyone else btw feel really bummed out about ClnChr not being on their Vinyl copy.

Guest exper

that's awaiting next paycheck, along with more my bloody valentine reissues :)

Wait. What mbv reissues? I thought they were scrapped.

"LET ME SEE YOU STRIPPED....DOWN TO THE BONE! LET ME SEE YOU MAKE DECISIONS...WITHOUT YOUR TELEVISION!"

still waiting for a dm autechre remix - but until then this will satisfy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1bTis9ee3U

also - i don't understand how it could be possible that you don't like this trac xxx

say it isn't so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM8WgnkZMu8&feature=related

Have to say Move of Ten is brilliant. The whole damn thing. Given it plenty of time to sink in, as with autechre also a few weeks rest, which I think always helps (imo).

Rate it above Oversteps (imo).

And yes y7 is excellent (though I was rather happy with it to begin with). It sounds like a fucked up version of a John Carpenter track, AFX Analordy, with grainy Autechre all over it (imo).

Happy Days!

Archived