IGNORED

Richard's Haircut

Guest Masonic Boom

Guest Masonic Boom

Apologies if I offend anyone (including Mr D.James) with such a silly thread but my OCD loves such trivialities...

We've all seen this, right?

I'm pretending I haven't. Guys look so dull with short hair. :(

One of these days I'll do a chart tabulating, like, Mr D.James's hair length with productivity output.

Just think about it... the last time he had short hair was that fallow period between Windowlicker and Drukqs. And then this recent period of non-productivity that he seems to be breaking (with live material at least) since growing it back.

Perhaps he is like the electronic music equivalent of Samson!

(Or perhaps when he's too busy making the musics he doesn't have time for anything so mundane as the care and cutting of his pretty hair...)

((Or perhaps, indeed, I have way too much time on my hands and need a better job where I don't spend all day playing videogames and mucking about on the internet and coming up with wacky theories.))

I forgive him on account of his pretty, pretty hair and the way he touches his "boyfriends" to get those special amazing sounds...

Does that mean he's growing it again? :D

YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

:yeah:

Spotted at Rockness:

:wub:

4695457329_05538dd47f.jpg

:wub:

Really. Maybe I should start mine own little "Richard's Hair Thread" so I don't upset everyone who just wants to talk about synths and sequencers and stuff. I do apologise.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Masonic Boom

If you don't want to read this thread, please click the back button on your browser. You'll usually find it near the top left of your screen.

I just realised that this topic was constantly derailling Zoe's other thread.

Of course if you Hate Fun, you can carry on complaining, but that's really Not A Good Look on anyone.

I lol'd yeah when I saw him at Rockness it looks like he is sitting on a middle bench with his hair at the moment. Got the cuddly bear thing at the moment :P I'm assuming he'll get it trimmed every so often, I doubt he'll go as long as it was :P

:facepalm:

You DO realize that topics and posts like these are why most of WATMM dislikes you, right? I personally have no problem with you most of the time, but come on, you have to know that this topic isn't going to end well.

really? i thought the only unspoken rule at watmm was being able to take the piss with a bit of humor. :emotawesomepm9:

(there's lots of silly threads here.. don't see how this is any different or worse than say the nice tits one lol)

Guest Masonic Boom

You DO realize that topics and posts like these are why most of WATMM dislikes you, right? I personally have no problem with you most of the time, but come on, you have to know that this topic isn't going to end well.

Actually, I'm not arrogant enough to assume that the "majority of WATMM" gives a shit about me either way.

I am aware that a small minority of assholes use posts like this as an excuse to follow me around, venting their own creepy issues with women/fandom/homophobia/their own latent feelings for Richard. That is their problem, not mine.

I assume that "MOST" posters on WATMM are mature enough to know when to use their back button if they don't like a thread topic, or else have enough of a sense of humour / fun / silliness to understand this thread for what it is: a playful joke, trivial fun, an attempt at leavening the mood of a forum that sometimes gets overly serious.

It's pop music, not rocket science. Haircuts, fashion, public image is as much a part of pop music as anything else, and certainly up for debate.

Guest Masonic Boom

really? i thought the only unspoken rule at watmm was being able to take the piss with a bit of humor. :emotawesomepm9:

(there's lots of silly threads here.. don't see how this is any different or worse than say the nice tits one lol)

^^^^^ absolutely gets it :beer:

Guest Masonic Boom

Don't see how this is any different than say the nice tits one

Because it's actually on topic? :D

We could talk about Richard's man-tits if you like, but that *would* be creepy... ::whistles::

aphextwin-grp3-1207.jpg

Guest Masonic Boom

Zoe, there's at least 2 whole threads of them in this subforum if you dig through the archives - that's where I get mine from, mostly.

I don't mind when he does the "absent minded professor" sort of look, but Richard with sort of brit-pop / Hugh Grant short hair was just *weird*

4709392024_c015de30d2_b.jpg

^^^^I mean, it looks like someone's made a vague attempt to *style* him and he does not look pleased about it.

The subconscious is a weird thing... to my mind, the real RDJ with short hair looks less like "Aphex Twin" than the people in the Come to Daddy and Windowlicker videos. He's practically trademarked having long, ginger hair and a demonic evil grin.

Guest Masonic Boom

He's practically trademarked having long, ginger hair and a demonic evil grin.

Tell me about it. :-(

::stuffs hair under hat and tries hard not to smile::

Guest Calx Sherbet

I assume that "MOST" posters on WATMM are mature enough to know when to use their back button if they don't like a thread topic, or else have enough of a sense of humour / fun / silliness to understand this thread for what it is: a playful joke, trivial fun, an attempt at leavening the mood of a forum that sometimes gets overly serious.

i do have a sense of humour. that's why i posted. :cat:

Guest ruiagnelo

what_the_fuck_am_i_reading_copy_142.jpg

But seriously. Long hair makes men look like kids.

What if Aphex Twin is just the hair and RDJ the guy who's carrying it?

i associate short hair with kids myself more than long hair. maybe it's because i grew up surrounded by proselytizing christians and mormons and all of the guys had the same short boy cut.. to the point that I frequently confused who was who

your theory is well-taken tho, it's the hair, not the man. and rdj is the rock star of the idm world

Guest Masonic Boom

"The hair, not the man" would make for a very, very interesting theory - like the whole Andrew WK thing... hrrrmmmm. Most of the "Aphexes" running around in Chris Cunningham's videos aren't actually RDJ anyway, so that is a definite *thing* in his visual presentation.

That said, I just *always* think that men look better with longer hair. My best friend (who has dreadlocks down to his arse) has this whole hippie thing of "men should have long hair because we are WARRIORS" - though I wonder if he'll have them when he's 60.

(That said, my dad, who is in his 60s, has hair down to his arse and looks like Gandalf so there you go.)

Like TwiddleBot, I, too have trouble telling men apart if they've all got short, buzzed hair. Especially if they're wearing identical shirts and ties. I think that's probably deliberate, though, they don't want you to tell them apart.

Yeah, they're representing their fetish with the he-god.

First thing I did when I left the fold--grew my hair out, colored it and spiked it. I think my parents must have figured something was up. Sadly I'm not as skilled as rdj and growing out my hair produces more of a big generic fro than anything else

Guest ruiagnelo

That said, I just *always* think that men look better with longer hair. My best friend (who has dreadlocks down to his arse) has this whole hippie thing of "men should have long hair because we are WARRIORS" - though I wonder if he'll have them when he's 60.

I understand it tho.

Guest Masonic Boom

Quite frankly the only thing RONG-er than Mr D.James with short hair is Mr D.James with NO BEARD

Aphex+Twin+AFX33.jpg

Aphex+Twin+young.jpg

With his high cheekbones and his luscious pouting (sorry, went all Smash Hits there for a moment) lips he really does look quite like a woman*.

(Of course it probably just means I'm a highly repressed lesbian that I fancy him anyway.)

*my aforementioned mate with the waist length dreads grew an MASSIVE GINGER BEARD because he got sick of people calling him "miss"

Archived