IGNORED

Richard's Haircut

Guest Masonic Boom

Guest hahathhat

that russia trip he took sounds batshit. i am envious (except for the hospital/food poisoning). there's an article on it floating around the net...

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rabid

also that interview is jazzier than a jazz eating jazz mutant saxaphone that jizzed jazz.

I still haven't sat through the whole interview, it's soooo painful to watch.

Guest Masonic Boom

Hey look! It's a web site now!

http://www.eatabagofdicks.com/

So when people hate fun, you can quite easily tell them "Mesh Gear Fox, go eat a bag of dicks.com" (honest, I'm not flaming, I'm just explaining English slang to Babar)

It is really one for the "awkward interviews hall of fame" - but it is quite funny the way the only time Mr D.James actually smiles during the entire thing is when they ask him about his hairdo.

I do wonder if the Russian Electronic Festival thing was a one-off or if it was a regular exchange program - my annoying ex said that he played at a Russian thing in the early 90s where they took a bunch of confused electronic artists and shipped them off to Moscow. I think it was arranged through the Foundry so I've no idea if that's the same thing (though I imagine he would have namedropped Mr.Twin if he'd played with him.) You don't remember where that article was, do you hathathat?

Lesson two, in which a rather nonplussed Richard discusses his Hair Policy with some extremely confused Russians:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ896COdVG8

(starting about 1:50 or so)

((Young Richard is so adorable, I just want to pinch his chubby little chipmunk cheeks))

:facepalm:

this britronica-trip is our national disgrace

especially this interview + RDJ's troubles

RICHARD! WE ARE SORRY!

Guest AcrossCanyons

ive got to admit 90% of masonic boom posts still make me irate.

:::maybe its the way she posts shit like this:::

*and this*

and that you don't go 10 posts without an aphex related picture

aphex_twin1.jpg

otherwise you would be okay

Guest hahathhat

i try to be nice to masonic boom but she makes it hard at times. would much appreciate putting a sock in the OMG RICHARD DREAMY :wub: talk

Guest Masonic Boom

OMG, I'm so sorry. You're all right.

I didn't realise it was such hard work for you all to just not click a thread you weren't interested in.

I didn't KNOW that making jokes about someone's haircuts was just sooo less interesting than oh, say, fascinating topics like downward pointing erections.

Because it takes, like SO MUCH MORE effort to just ignore a thread or block a poster who annoys you than it does to take the time to write complaining posts about them (go on! really! feed my ego! talk about me some more, please!) and reach for your hankies like Mary Whitehouse because ::oh god:: random woman fancies pop star.

I am deeply sorry. I hope you all will accept my most humble apologies. I am so sorry for all the drama I've caused and the posts I've forced you to waste your precious time typing. No, really.

4711386511_5346cd8abd_o.jpg

Given the twisted sense of humour, I wouldn't be suprised if Masonic Boom is Richard in disguise.

Something tells me if I was in Richards shoes I would be Masonic Boom and lead you all in a merry dance all over the internet.

If I am right, can I have a couple of free tickets to the LED festival?

Cheers, LoL!

Given the twisted sense of humour, I wouldn't be suprised if Masonic Boom is Richard in disguise.

Actually, all of us except you are Richard in disguise. I type very fast. Now keep quiet so I can get on with the next album.

Guest hahathhat

I didn't realise it was such hard work for you all to just not click a thread you weren't interested in.

I didn't KNOW that making jokes about someone's haircuts was just sooo less interesting than oh, say, fascinating topics like downward pointing erections.

Because it takes, like SO MUCH MORE effort to just ignore a thread or block a poster who annoys you than it does to take the time to write complaining posts about them (go on! really! feed my ego! talk about me some more, please!) and reach for your hankies like Mary Whitehouse because ::oh god:: random woman fancies pop star.

I am deeply sorry. I hope you all will accept my most humble apologies. I am so sorry for all the drama I've caused and the posts I've forced you to waste your precious time typing. No, really.

except i do not know what's going on until i read the thread?

except it is a borderline-kosher topic to discuss his hair vs. album output?

if you want to play it this way -- DON'T LIKE :: DON'T READ -- mark your threads more clearly. beerwolf may have it right, though.

how about i up the awkward? i am bisexual. richard is like 40 now, and i have been in a stable relationship for over two years.... but if i met him in a bar when he was 20-25, and i were single, i would probably make out with him at least.

aphex.jpg

sure let's go

aphextwin.jpg

maybe if he smelled nice

aphex-twin.gif

too old

except i do not know what's going on until i read the thread?

except it is a borderline-kosher topic to discuss his hair vs. album output?

if you want to play it this way -- DON'T LIKE :: DON'T READ -- mark your threads more clearly. beerwolf may have it right, though.

how about i up the awkward? i am bisexual. richard is like 40 now, and i have been in a stable relationship for over two years.... but if i met him in a bar when he was 20-25, and i were single, i would probably make out with him at least.

aphex.jpg

sure let's go

aphextwin.jpg

maybe if he smelled nice

aphex-twin.gif

too old

Congratulations - you just weirded up the topic by 200% :wtf:

Guest Masonic Boom

How is that awkward or weird in any way, shape or form?

Richard's a strikingly handsome guy, he's very talented, and he's been highly successful in a competitive field for nearly 20 years now. I'm sure it's not news to him or to anyone else that because of these things, women - and men - might find him sexually attractive.

I like you about ten times more for admitting that, hathathat - because my experience is that a huge proportion of the "ew, fangirls are creepy and weird!!!" hysteria that grips young men when girls fancy their favourite artists is the homophobic panic that results from the submerged romantic nature of fandom being laid bare in such overt terms.

I mean, have you noticed the way that when I say something fairly innocuous like "ooh, I want to stroke his pretty hair" it's translated in the minds of other posters into "oh my god you want his throbbing spermy dick penetrating your every orifice!!!" and it's like "erm, I didn't say that, but clearly *you've* given it a lot of thought." I think a lot of the misogyny in electronic music scenes is down to this misplaced homophobia. Making music, listening to music is a sexy thing. It's very emotional, even a supposedly "unemotional" genre like IDM (whatever that is.) There's definitely a strange kind of jealousy that women are able to express this emotional and sexual experience of music (and music-makers) in a way many men find very difficult or uncomfortable.

Anyway, if I *were* Richard, with people on this forum saying I'm showing my age or getting fat, (and there's nothing like having a couple of kids to make you feel your mortality, especially as you creep up on 40) wouldn't it be an excellent way of trolling, to pretend to be some chick who has the hots for me, and talk about my hair, in order to get everyone else talking about how attractive I was again and how much they want to make out with me? That is a really hilarious idea.

Never mind. I disagree about your ordering of the attractiveness phases of Mr. Twin, though. I like him best in his late 20s to be honest. In fact, young Richard at 20 looks so creepily like me at that age that he could be my brother and that's something I *really* don't care to think about. Now *that* is awkward.

I mean, have you noticed the way that when I say something fairly innocuous like "ooh, I want to stroke his pretty hair" it's translated in the minds of other posters into "oh my god you want his throbbing spermy dick penetrating your every orifice!!!" and it's like "erm, I didn't say that, but clearly *you've* given it a lot of thought."

Not to prolong anything, but you have stated many times about wanting Richard's cokQ, as your status puts it.

That being said, I really don't have a problem with you :aphexsign:

Guest Masonic Boom

I mean, have you noticed the way that when I say something fairly innocuous like "ooh, I want to stroke his pretty hair" it's translated in the minds of other posters into "oh my god you want his throbbing spermy dick penetrating your every orifice!!!" and it's like "erm, I didn't say that, but clearly *you've* given it a lot of thought."

Not to prolong anything, but you have stated many times about wanting Richard's cokQ, as your status puts it.

That being said, I really don't have a problem with you :aphexsign:

Now, now. You know perfectly well that "cokQs" is a made up word based on ancient Cornish and it doesn't signify anything. Any conclusions you draw about its meaning are merely your own.

Archived