IGNORED

any vegans/vegetarians/raw foodists up in da WATTM?

Guest yikes

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest enxyme

I'm going to keep eating meat until my weight lifting days are over. After that I'm doing my research to decide, for myself, whether I should drop meat or not. A lot of vegans say that they feel a lot better physically after making their lifestyle choice, so I may as well give it a shot.

Sounds right on... Experiment...

Theirs a vegan UFC fighter now...

Guest Rabid

Yeah but I bet he has people planning his diet and everything. If you want muscle, eat meat, simple formula.

i think the main thing people overlook in these discussions is that plants are life just as much as animals. the plant kingdom is capable of marvelous things - products of thousands of years of development. there are plants i consider more advanced than animals. just as there are plants who eat flesh to survive.

in order to live - life must consume life. i don't know how most things choose their diets, but i try to eat what makes my me feel good.

For the most part, Vegans are delusional, hypocritical, esoteric elitists. Either that or they are just crazy.

They're also feeding the oil industries like BP by buying plastic products in substitution for animal-based items like wool and leather.

Keep dreaming. You are not heroes.

PS

Why the fuck do so many vegans think it's ok to smoke cigarettes?

Guest tht tne

i think the main thing people overlook in these discussions is that plants are life just as much as animals. the plant kingdom is capable of marvelous things - products of thousands of years of development. there are plants i consider more advanced than animals. just as there are plants who eat flesh to survive.

in order to live - life must consume life. i don't know how most things choose their diets, but i try to eat what makes my me feel good.

this is necessary... this is necessary... life... feeds on life... feeds on life... feeds on life!

Plants don't have feelings. Animals get distressed when their lives are threatened, they don't want to die, plants don't care. Animals get "sad" (probably a different kind of sad to humans but still) when they are kept in poor living conditions.

Also, unlike anything else alive on the planet, we can actually make a choice. Dogs are omnivores, but they don't really have a choice do they? They eat what they can find to survive. We've evolved past the point where we have to rely on our natural hunting/survival instincts, we have technology.

Again, I think it's fine if you eat meat, but I think the choice to not eat meat is valid and logical too.

Guest Adjective

for the vegans in the thread, can you post an example shopping list? -alternatively, your favorite vegan recipes?

edit: i guess whoever wants to, not just vegans

Plants don't have feelings.

(...) the Indian scientist Sir Jagdish Chandra Bose, who began to conduct experiments on plants in the year 1900. He found that every plant and every part of a plant appeared to have a sensitive nervous system and responded to shock by a spasm just as an animal muscle does. One visitor to his laboratory, the vegetarian playwright George Bernard Shaw, was intensely disturbed upon witnessing a demonstration in which a cabbage had violent convulsions as it boiled to death.
source

if you really cared you'd be hardcore

meat, dairy and egg production are by far the most environmentally destructive practices engaged in by humans on this planet. if one calls themselves environmentally conscious or conscious on

any level for that matter and supports these types of things they are hypocrites.

yes let's all eat corn instead and support mass factory farming of vegetables since it's not destructive to the environment in any way shape or form

:facepalm:

Guest underscore

Because the tobacctopus is the most evil creature of the sea and deserves to be smoked.

fucking lol

Guest tht tne

Because the tobacctopus is the most evil creature of the sea and deserves to be smoked.

fucking lol

3.jpg

i was vegan for 6 years and have been "vegetarian" for around 16 years, but there is to much "fUcKiNG rOcK n rOLL!!!1" in this thread to try to argue ..

Plants don't have feelings.

(...) the Indian scientist Sir Jagdish Chandra Bose, who began to conduct experiments on plants in the year 1900. He found that every plant and every part of a plant appeared to have a sensitive nervous system and responded to shock by a spasm just as an animal muscle does. One visitor to his laboratory, the vegetarian playwright George Bernard Shaw, was intensely disturbed upon witnessing a demonstration in which a cabbage had violent convulsions as it boiled to death.
source

if you really cared you'd be hardcore

Well if the use of the word "paranormal" in the article heading wasn't enough of a hint that this is a load of bollocks, then at the very least, the very article itself states:

In the scientific community as a whole, paranormal biocommunication has been subjected to much criticism, and is largely regarded as a pseudoscience. Overall, there is little concrete, universally verified evidence suggesting that there is any truth to the theory, and it is therefore apt to receive a great deal of contempt among scientific circles, often disdainfully called 'the Backster Effect'. Skeptics typically criticize the fact that many experiments into 'plant perception' are not taken in controlled conditions and that therefore their results are not verifiable evidence of its existence. Many skeptics of the theory also state that, since plants lack nervous or sensory systems, they are not capable of having feelings, or perceiving human emotions or intentions, which would require a complex nervous system. [4][5] The primary emotional center in the animal brain is believed to be the limbic system which is absent in plants, just like the rest of the nervous system.[6]

One day I'm going to try being a vegetarian for a month to see how it feels, physically.

One thing pisses me off about a lot of vegetarians/vegans *IN MY EXPERIENCE*, and it's popped up in this thread a couple of times. When you ask why they're vegan/vegetarian/whatever, you frequently get rude responses. Proper defensive, like "Why the fuck do you care?". Well, because I'm interested in what peoples motivations are for eating a certain way, the same way I'd innocently ask why somebody listens to a certain type of music... Are people insecure about eating only veg? Is it so wrong to be curious about why of the many reasons there are to change your diet?

There are pricks in every walk of life, I know that. I just don't appreciate the rudeness.

Speaking of being rude.. even if I were a vegan I'd still fucking despise Troon. That self-righteous fuck.

One day I'm going to try being a vegetarian for a month to see how it feels, physically.

One thing pisses me off about a lot of vegetarians/vegans *IN MY EXPERIENCE*, and it's popped up in this thread a couple of times. When you ask why they're vegan/vegetarian/whatever, you frequently get rude responses. Proper defensive, like "Why the fuck do you care?". Well, because I'm interested in what peoples motivations are for eating a certain way, the same way I'd innocently ask why somebody listens to a certain type of music... Are people insecure about eating only veg? Is it so wrong to be curious about why of the many reasons there are to change your diet?

There are pricks in every walk of life, I know that. I just don't appreciate the rudeness.

Speaking of being rude.. even if I were a vegan I'd still fucking despise Troon. That self-righteous fuck.

Yeah I can't figure out if he's just trolling or being serious, so I'm just trying to ignore him.

I agree though, some people just snap at you when you ask them about things like this. I think admitting you're vegetarian can get some very rude reactions too though, which also is evident in this thread. One of my vegetarian friends is so self-righteous about it (and pretty much everything in the world that he sees is wrong, which is pretty much everything) and makes snide remarks about it... things like... when I told him I was trying to be vegetarian, he was like "well, it is sensible" in a reeeeeeally condescending tone, and then suddenly I had the urge to just go "you know what? I change my mind" and kill something right in front of me and eat it raw.

But I dunno... I get annoyed easily... maybe I read into things wrong sometimes.

Yeah I can't figure out if he's just trolling or being serious, so I'm just trying to ignore him.

I agree though, some people just snap at you when you ask them about things like this. I think admitting you're vegetarian can get some very rude reactions too though, which also is evident in this thread. One of my vegetarian friends is so self-righteous about it (and pretty much everything in the world that he sees is wrong, which is pretty much everything) and makes snide remarks about it... things like... when I told him I was trying to be vegetarian, he was like "well, it is sensible" in a reeeeeeally condescending tone, and then suddenly I had the urge to just go "you know what? I change my mind" and kill something right in front of me and eat it raw.

But I dunno... I get annoyed easily... maybe I read into things wrong sometimes.

That's what I mean, I have (or, had) a friend like that. I once asked him why he decided to turn veggie and he got all annoyed and said "Ugh, there's never a simple reason why somebody wants to be vegetarian". I replied that it's fine and I never asked for a simple reason. To be fair though, he's a twat anyway. The kind of person that tries to be different for the sake of being different. I remember when we were kids we used to love watching Robocop, recently it was on TV at a friends house as he turned up and he said "Ugh (he says that a lot), I hate this fucking movie." I was like, no you don't! We used to love this! And he tells me he always hated it! What a cunt! But I digress.

Maybe he's a bad example.

I don't think you get annoyed easily, I think you're like me and you hate people with a false sense of superiority.

Archived