IGNORED

Deus Ex

Guest El_Chemso

Guest El_Chemso

My only problem is that there aren't any decent offers been offered yet. When COD came out I got it for £15 I think? I don't want to have to pay £40 for this one. Hopefully something will come about before wednesday.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm gonna go play deus ex drunk. how long do you wager i'll last before i get too annoyed, give up and wind up on xxxmassivecockcuntboobs.ca?

forgetting to save my pathetic game before i venture to xxxmassivecockcuntboobs.ca, of course.

Guest El_Chemso

Can't believe no one pointed out Amazon was toting the wrong release date. Ruined my week. I thought I'd be playing it now.

Guest fiznuthian

i feel really dirty...

i played half-life fanatically in 1998, but not once in my life have i ever played deus ex :mellow:

• 4 months later...

excellent! Now I'm finally getting stoked. That seems to be very much in the spirit of the first game. Although instead of having a narrator tell us everything, it might have been better just to contrast an informercial from Serif with the reality on the street, could have been more suspenseful.

• 1 month later...

The new game seems to get alot of praise from reviewers.

so did far cry 2 (also eidos), and it was a right turd of a game. im still sceptical about deus ex, mostly because i hate everything i've seen of the main character so far (his voice, douche beard and "cool" glasses), but i guess it could be good.

I started playing the original a while back, but I think I needed to reinstall windows. I am going to play it again prior to playing the latest. I think I'll skip the 2nd, it was shit wasn't it?

I stupidly pronounced it "doose ex" for the longest time. Now whenever I hear someone pronounce it like that I feel a sadness that belongs in the "unobvious things that make you sad" thread.

The new game seems to get alot of praise from reviewers.

so did far cry 2 (also eidos), and it was a right turd of a game. im still sceptical about deus ex, mostly because i hate everything i've seen of the main character so far (his voice, douche beard and "cool" glasses), but i guess it could be good.

It would not be the first time a game features bad voice acting and a silly protagonist. Games with great voice acting and good characters is still kind of rare. Even though they have become much more common this generation. But as long as the gameplay is alright, I would give it a chance.

Is it the same guys from Eidos that did Far Cry 2? I Hope not.. hated that game aswell.

Guest Sprigg

Everything I've read in reviews and forums seems really positive. The only thing holding me from getting the game is my empty bank account :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK4k_Ieh8Wg

Kind of looks like a mix between Splinter Cell and Mass Effect.

But yeah, the main characters voice is just dumb. But I love the whole cyberpunk'ish look to it.

I just wan't this game to be good so badly. haven't played a proper video game since L.A. Noire came out. Need mah fix.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I know it's kind of lame that this excites me but remembering and confirming that this has third person cover movement makes me sure I will love this game. think all games, especially ones that you need to be stealth, or multi task lots of enemies/big ass boss battles should have third person.

The atmosphere of the cyberpunk Blade Runner city in the cinematics has got me jonesing too. I know this franchise has a lot of hype but I'm usually not very excited about spending my time on single player experiences.

Live gameplay on GiantBomb right now

http://www.giantbomb.com/

So Jeff Gertsman said that the A.I. is terrible, and the gunplay is not very good.

Fuck.

Stealth games should at least have decent A.I.

He gave a pretty hilarious example of this earlier on. He showed that at one point the AI didn't really understand that he was hiding in a vent so the enemies stood right in front of the vent and shot directly into the wall. I love Jeff Gerstmann

Guest Sprigg

actually transferred my Dead Island preorder to this game and picked it up today. I'm about one or two hours in and I'm quite liking it so far. Missions are long and it's shaping up to be around 20 hours at least, there's a lot to read and look at and explore. Art style is very pretty, voice acting is decent (though Jensen's tough-guy voice is kinda irritating), animations are solid. It's not LA Noire by any means, but it looks good enough in its own right. Bladerunner feel isn't quite so prevalent yet, but i've only really scratched the surface of the game.

Combat and sneaking both work well. I'm playing a stealth character, and before the first mission the guy in the (irritatingly stereotypical) hellicopter on the way there asks questions, and your answers determine what weapons you get (lethal or nonlethal, ranged or melee). There are multiple paths to most objectives, and there are plenty of opportunities to knock someone out or peg them with a tranquilizer dart from the end of a hallway. AI isn't fantastic, but they have excellent hearing and vision. Haven't gotten to any of the upgrading stuff yet, but i suspect it's coming soon.

TLDR: This game is fun so far. Pick it up.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

So Jeff Gertsman said that the A.I. is terrible, and the gunplay is not very good.

Fuck.

.... Agreed, lame. most of the first Splinter Cells never had great great AI but the AI never seemed retarded or did obviously glitched out immersion killing weird stuff.

If the AI is terrible I would say, then is it fun to just murder merc murder every baddie? Then if it's true the gunplay sucks than that wouldn't be very fun either.. I guess I'm waiting for more opinions before choosing to spend the time downloading/and subsequently playing this.

Fuck.

.... Agreed, lame. most of the first Splinter Cells never had great great AI but the AI never seemed retarded or did obviously glitched out immersion killing weird stuff.

If the AI is terrible I would say, then is it fun to just murder merc murder every baddie? Then if it's true the gunplay sucks than that wouldn't be very fun either.. I guess I'm waiting for more opinions before choosing to spend the time downloading/and subsequently playing this.

From what I've heard the gunplay isn't that fun nor is that important so those two things kinda balance each other out. Most of the missions can be completed without killing that many people so...

Live gameplay on GiantBomb right now

http://www.giantbomb.com/

Fuck.

he also gave the game 4 out of 5 and said:

The world of Deus Ex: Human Revolution is absolutely worth seeing, and that trumps any of the little issues that pop up along the way.

And really it looks like it will be good. The story and art look great.

Archived