IGNORED

The Social Network

Rubin Farr

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you can see it poetically if you look at it the right way. the internet isn't all tits and farts and racist youtube comments. i've had romances that started/developed on the internet/facebook/aim. i think most people would say that they've experienced creeping on a crush, or something like that on facebook.

Did you mean to say "a beautifully amoral data-mining light being shined onto the formerly secret insides of our hearts as a society, at the behest of corporate and security interests"?

it can be seen that way too. i'm not going to wax cynical about it because that side is obvious and everyone talks about it.

there are different parts of the picture.

forget it though, keep farting and shitting, i like that stuff too.

also i deleted my facebook two months ago and haven't used it since. believe me when i say that i detest it in many ways

someone enlighten me on the poetry and grace of twitter

ACT I

SCENE I. Elsinore. A platform before the castle.

FRANCISCO at his post. Enter to him BERNARDO

BERNARDO

Who's there?

FRANCISCO

Nay, ans--

you can see it poetically if you look at it the right way. the internet isn't all tits and farts and racist youtube comments. i've had romances that started/developed on the internet/facebook/aim. i think most people would say that they've experienced creeping on a crush, or something like that on facebook.

Don't read too much into a movie about Facebook. Just sayin'...

Radio head cover in face book film.

wat?

The song in the second trailer. I was just kind of amused at the words rolled out. zeitgeisty.

Guest jubes

im thinking, 7 and fightculb woulda suck if david fincher did not have Darius Kondji as a DOP,

same goes for oliver stone with Robert richardson as his DOP, Alexander sucked balls cuz he had The DOP for brokeback mountain

Alien³ (director's cut version) = most underrated Fincher.

Oh wait, The Game, no? Oh wait... Panic Room... err nah not really. So let's see, Zodiac, no?

ARGH!! :fail:

Fincher in vitriolic humor mode is usually pretty amazing. I have high hopes that this'll be as funny as the first half of Fight Club.

I think you'll find you shouldn't make generalizations without any form of statistics to back you up. I'd also say that given most people in the world don't have a facebook account, you're very wrong.

Did you mean to say "a beautifully amoral data-mining light being shined onto the formerly secret insides of our hearts as a society, at the behest of corporate and security interests"?

Don't let any applications have any permissions, let only most aspects of your profile be seen by friends and for gods sake don't play mafia wars or farmville. Oh and log out of facebook before using the net.

I'm pretty sure this movie will be shit but I still want to see it. :emotawesomepm9: To see how shit it is.

in many ways i agree with you about this chen - i should treat the watmm community with the sincerity and respect that i would any other community i interact with - i am not perfect (yet) and get carried

away in my passions and lawless banter sometimes like many do - i am human and my fleshiness and lower physical nature sometimes gets the best of me - i'm working on this just like i'm

sure you are maybe working on many things in yourself regarding the human being you aspire to be. i appreciate the chance you provided me to have a glance into the mirror and introspect on

who i truly am

i do not know if i can take anymore of this lawless banter.

Guest Mirezzi

Benjamin Button destroyed, entirely, the notion that Fincher was incapable of making a really terrible film.

I still think its hilarious that because some know the basic story of who/how facebook started, they think this film will be boring. This could be one of the more thought provoking films this year, reflecting our current culture/generation, and probably not in good light. This one feels like its going to more akin to Fight Club, but founded on a true story.

Archived