Ceephax (Acid Crew) Subforum!?

karmakramer

Guest AcrossCanyons

Ceephax Acid Crew Subforum

Clark Subforum

Venetian Snares Subforum

please :blush:

this

i think these 3 make sense and then theres a pretty definitive group of subforums for bigger idm artists. :sorcerer:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's ask Good Joyrex™ vs. Evil Joyrex™

Good Joyrex™ would say in response:

While I too appreciate the music Andy has made over the years, the fact that his musical back-catalogue is not that extensive, nor is his impact/contribution to the electronic music scene* compared to the Featured Artists. And while some of these guys are either going in different directions these days (Cylob), or possibly not going to release any more music of their own (µ-Ziq), their influence and impact on the scene during it's heyday and generally held "golden age" warrant a subforum to discuss their works and anything related. However, I have a plan, so the potential of future subforums may be a possibility. For now, the Music Discussion subforum should be an adequate venue in which to discuss [insert artist here]'s releases and related matters.

*In relation to the electronic music originating from the UK and mostly released between 1991-2000

Evil Joyrex™ would say in response:

Sure, whatever - just as long as the fucking Snares fans don't go ape-shit when Clark gets his own wheelchair emoticon.

D3spite the fact JR already said no....

I'm usually not for adding any more sub forums. But I agree that a Ceephax sub forum would be great and appropriate. I often find myself wanting to know something about a track or live set and have to dig through long threads that bounce around topics often and it would be nice for him to have a place of his own on here. =D

And yes the music forum is a decent compromise, the traffic in here is no where near what it should be. imo. I know it takes a while for steam to pick up, but I think Andy has proved himself worthy. Even if he doesn't have a huge back catalog, he does have tons of live sets that could be discussed, etc.

Evil Joyrex™ would say in response:

Sure, whatever - just as long as the fucking Snares fans don't go ape-shit when Clark gets his own wheelchair emoticon.

I laughed at that one.

• 1 month later...

While I too appreciate the music Andy has made over the years, the fact that his musical back-catalogue is not that extensive, nor is his impact/contribution to the electronic music scene* compared to the Featured Artists. And while some of these guys are either going in different directions these days (Cylob), or possibly not going to release any more music of their own (µ-Ziq), their influence and impact on the scene during it's heyday and generally held "golden age" warrant a subforum to discuss their works and anything related. However, I have a plan, so the potential of future subforums may be a possibility. For now, the Music Discussion subforum should be an adequate venue in which to discuss [insert artist here]'s releases and related matters.

Consider this: Perhaps Andy Jenkinson was the worst little brother of all time. He did nothing but insult Tom all day long. He beat him up and tattled on him incessantly. Tom Jenkinson could not deal with his little brother's consistent derision and as a result of it had to find some way to numb the pain of the horrible life that Andy had made for him. So Tom began to make music as a form of escapism. The name Squarepusher was originally what all the kids at school called Andy because he pushed the squares around, including Tom. So in a weird Freudian way of dealing with all of the things Andy put him through, he named his project Squarepusher.

So basically, what I'm saying here is that, maybe, if it weren't for Andy Jenkinson, Squarepusher would have never existed and therefore not had such an impact/contribution to the electronic music scene.

So yes, Ceephax subforum!

edit: I also think the Jenkinson parents deserve a subforum.

Guest ruiagnelo

How about making, lets say, 3 or 4 new subforums, the most voted and give them a chance. Then chose the one in which most discussions happen and close the others.

If we are just throwing names in the air it's pure speculation. we have to try to know how it works.

But if Ceephax subforum is being considered, i am down. definitely. please give us a present joyrex!

Ceephax Acid Crew Subforum

Clark Subforum

Venetian Snares Subforum

please :blush:

I know Joyrex chimed in already, but just sayin' I support these 3 and it would seem to make sense, all of them clearly have a fan group here on watmm and also have currently active discussions about their works.

Consider this: Perhaps Andy Jenkinson was the worst little brother of all time. He did nothing but insult Tom all day long. He beat him up and tattled on him incessantly. Tom Jenkinson could not deal with his little brother's consistent derision and as a result of it had to find some way to numb the pain of the horrible life that Andy had made for him. So Tom began to make music as a form of escapism. The name Squarepusher was originally what all the kids at school called Andy because he pushed the squares around, including Tom. So in a weird Freudian way of dealing with all of the things Andy put him through, he named his project Squarepusher.

So basically, what I'm saying here is that, maybe, if it weren't for Andy Jenkinson, Squarepusher would have never existed and therefore not had such an impact/contribution to the electronic music scene.

So yes, Ceephax subforum!

edit: I also think the Jenkinson parents deserve a subforum.

Freud would have fellated you... :whistling:

Guest no carrier

the only thing i have to add is that if there ever was a venetian snares subforum there should be an array of random wordfilters combined with a bot that randomly inserts something about being gay, a pedophile, or a serial killer. maybe some hot topic ads to really drive the point home?

then there's a pisstake account that's allowed to post bereft of the filters and bots, but all it would do is talk about how the subforum is brilliant because so many posts are 7/4.

Archived