IGNORED

Daft Punk - Tron Legacy: Original Soundtrack

Guest ruiagnelo

if its awesome as the trailer track...i want it!

Daft Punk are set to appear in the movie as MP3 files.

whaat? explain.

Edited by ruiagnelo

whaat? explain.

well, guys, the movie takes place in a computer. the characters are "programs"... you've watched tron, right?

lol.

discovery is my fav and let's hope this is just as good.

woah, let's not get our hopes up.

it is a soundtrack...

You can consider Discovery as a soundtrack too !

discovery isn't really a soundtrack because the movie was made to match the music, iirc.

whaat? explain.

well, guys, the movie takes place in a computer. the characters are "programs"... you've watched tron, right?

lol.

Right.

They're basically appearing with a cameo as disk jockeys in a virtual world club.

• 2 weeks later...

As a huge fan of the original Tron and a passing fan Daft Punk, I'm cautiously looking forward to this...

This is also a perfect moment to shamelessly plug my new dj mix (dedicated in large part to the MCP):

http://soundcloud.com/remedial/remedial-sound-productions-68-71

Guest analogue wings

my impression - it mostly sounds like pretty generic film music, albeit generic for late 70s-early 80s crime thrillers - with some voyager squawks randomly overdubbed

the second to last one though sounds like 70s crime movie music remixed by autechre :sorcerer:

none of the clips are as cool as the really human after all sounding "fake" one that did the rounds last year so i still hope that is the actual theme song

funny how fast an OST can be disqualified without having seen the movie. i agree about the blandness of some of those clips, but i'm sure a couple of them might work wonders in the actual movie.

*still hopeful*

Guest Enter a new display name

You mean 2 stuntmen wore their suits. What would be the point in paying the Daft Punk duo $1M for appearing in the movie without seeing their faces?

And what did you expect from Daft Punk composing the film's score? The producers want that film to gain more attention with their popularity. Plus, Daft Punk are even lamer when they compose without copy-pasting old obscure music.

Edited by Enter a new display name

Guest cult fiction

These six samples can't be Daft Punk... this is some of the most generic shit ever.

When will the film industry realize they don't need a cheesy sounding orchestral arrangement to make their soundtrack legit?

Oneohtrix Point Never should have done the soundtrack.

This right here. Amen.

Christ....saw him live at Cargo in London and he was generic/boring/quite, quite pish.

I think Bangalter & Short-Arse De Jour will be a just choice for this.