IGNORED

Watmmopolis

zazen

So, unless you've been on Mars or in the Cylob subforum for the last few years, you'll know that over two years ago Watmm started a project to collaboratively compose a soundtrack to Metropolis.

The film was divided into 23 sequences and different people tackled each one.

Progress so far, and youtube clips of all the completed bits, can be found here: http://watmmopolis.blogspot.com/

So far (assuming Braintree comes up with the goods for seq21) we have 22 of the 23 done.

So there's just one left. And its an awesome one! Its sequence 14, which features a mad scientist throwing several large levers, a girl in a glass tube, and the metamorphosis of a robot, and then a psychedelic scene featuring a father, a son, a case of mistaken identity and a trippy black out.

So lets make sure this last clip goes to someone whose really going to come up with some goooood shit.

The clip will be allocated to the person who posts the best Metropolis-related poem into this thread in the next two weeks.

They'll then get 2 months to do the music, as per the usual arrangement.

Rotwang.JPG

Are ya ready kids?

metropolis04.jpg

Jå, Jå Rotwang!

rotwang.jpg

I can't heeeaaar yooouuu!

metropolis05.jpg

Jå, Jå Rotwang!

rotwang.jpg

oooooooooooo.........

metropolis-02.jpg

Who lives in the caverns under the street?

metropolis_drones.jpg

Worker man drones!

Metropolitan%20Clock.jpg

They're toiling below the slabs of concrete.

metropolis06.jpg

Worker man drones!

metropolis01.jpg

If keeping them down be somethin' ya wish.

metropolis_screenshot.jpg

Then build them a robot who looks like a chick.

mor2.jpg

Worker man drones,

Worker man drones,

Worker man drones,

Workeeeeerrrrrrrr Man drrrrrrooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeesssssss!

rotwang-lo-res3.gif

Ah Ha Ha, Ha Ha Ha, Ha, hArgh wh..arire..Ha arrrigh

Incomplete Metropolis Poem

by Zephyr Nova

Something something something Metropolis

Something something German expressionists

Something something something Fritz Lang

Something something something Rotwang

Something something Heart Machine

Something something final scene

That's all I got so far. It's incomplete and it follows an aabbcc rhyme scheme, so besting it shouldn't be a difficult feat.

Thanks guys.

As well as considering the, er, literary value of your contributions to this thread, I also have a responsibility to consider the watmmness of the whole project, and choose someone who will maximise said watmmness.

So the last sequence goes to Kcinsu, for his post ironic (?) haiku, and because it would be awesome to have some Kcinsu music on the project.

To have Zephyr Nova throw his hat into the ring is indeed an honour, but he's already done one

And Crytowen, thanks for your photo-enhanced shout-and-response epic. I'll put you on the waiting list incase seq 21 doesnt get finished.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

fucking better not, if you ruin the setup for my part grandchild I will break your 808 (and I don't mean I will turn it into a breakbeatzors

Archived