IGNORED

All things transfer and rumour related

Guest Alex C

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal sign a striker? What strange universe is this? Lol tbh right now they need  a CB even more than they need a striker. Their central defense is in shambles.

Rumours of Rojo heading out to Valencia, and Fabinho heading in for us. I'd be in favour of that.

Arsenal have several CBs lined up by the looks of things, they'll probably carry on haggling over the price until deadline day, and either manage to secure a 'bargain' or cave to Valencia's demands for Mustafi.

Thought Valencia had said every CB is for sale except Mustafi? They're doing an excellent job of trolling Arsenal. Can't keep up - reports are now coming in saying they're close on Mustafi for more than 35m quid.

And looks like they've gone and signed Lucas Perez.

Looks like Juve have locked up Axel Witsel for £16 million. 

deal of the season?

Quite possibly - that's cheap as chips for a player of his quality.

Cuadrado also on loan to Juve.

Juve to win Serie A again? lol

Luiz was a top player for Chelsea.... when Benitez played him as a holding midfielder. Terrible centre back. Maybe Conte will play him in a back three though? Would suit him a lot better, he could push up when they're on the ball, not as likely to get caught out on the break. Marcos Alonso to Chelsea is far more puzzling, especially for that price, bang average player. Cuadrado gone to Juve on three year loan deal too, which is very odd.

Balotelli to Nice on a permanent move, nice! Not sure if there's a fee, I'm guessing we either gave him away allowing them to pay his wages, or used whatever fee we got to pay him off. We made back most of our money on Luis Alberto (£6m), gone to Lazio, 30% sell on fee as well. Classy player, too slight to make it as a central midfielder in England though. Andre Wisdom off to Red Bull Salzberg too, loan. Lazar Markovic interesting Benitez at Newcastle apparently (or Sporting Lisbon), over £15m - though could be a loan as well, will probably depend on them offloading Sissoko to Everton or Spurs. Sakho turned down three loan moves, not well received apparently, guessing we're not happy with the drugs thing despite him getting away with it.

Arbeloa to West Ham is a good signing, top defensive full back. Wilshere to Bournemouth is a real steal... if he can stay fit.

Edited by caze

Yeah Arbeloa is a really nice pick up for West Ham.

Maybe Terry will instill some discipline in Luiz, but he's such a liability.

Of course the good thing is now Aguero and Luiz have a chance to re-ignite their love affair.

lol apparently Everton had a private jet ready for Sissoko.

Yeah not sure i get the reasoning behind it - ok he had a decent euros, but he was shit for Newcastle last season barring the first week.

• 6 months later...

Brazil's Boa Esporte sign convicted murderer Bruno Fernandes - http://www.reuters.com/article/us-soccer-brazil-bruno-idUSKBN16L2RO

From The Guardian - 

Bruno’s view, set out in his first big interview since he had his girlfriend fed to dogs to avoid paying child support: “Dude, what happened, happened. I made a mistake, a serious one, but mistakes happens in life – I’m not a bad guy. People tried to bury my dream because of one mistake, but I asked God for forgiveness, so I’m carrying on with my career, dude. I’m starting over.”

Edited by doublename

so hes pretty much ramsey bolton, dude

killing the mother of your child and feeding her body to the dogs is not a mistake, dude

i also love that he asked god for forgiveness, this dude is going straight to hell  

Edited by Deer
  • 3 months later...

So, respective fans pleased with transfer activity so far?

I'm ok with Lukaku, I might have preferred Belotti. I think the thought is we will get Griezmann next season. We need a defensive midfielder badly though. Lindelof will be solid, very good with the ball at his feet.

Lukaku has been a bit of a flat track bully so far (~85% of his goals last season came against the teams below Everton), he looks very good at times (usually when he's starting wide, rather than sitting up front - which is where I'm guessing Mourinho will play him), but then completely useless at others, he's still young though, and maybe playing for a better team (just about) will help him develop his game.

Salah looks like a great signing, has been brilliant since he left Chelsea (where he was never really given a chance), one of the best performing wingers in all of Europe (sometimes played as a second striker as well). He's incredibly fast, goal scoring has been great, he seems to be especially good at arriving late into the box to tap them in, and should improve us a lot on the counter attack too (we were very poor at finishing off counter attacks last season). He's got a very healthy number of assists too. Still only 25, so hopefully we'll have him for his peak years. We really missed another quality/pacy attacking option out wide last year when Mané was missing/injured, so important squad improvement, especially with the extra European games coming up.

The Van Dijk thing was a bit of a shambles, we've probably just pissed off Southampton too much by constantly buying all their players, we weren't doing anything other clubs weren't doing themselves. Still wouldn't be surprised if we signed him though, and would be a great signing - he's massive, great in the air, lots of pace, very good on the ball, ticks all the boxes you want in a centre back really.

Keita from Leipzig seems to be our other main target, know less about him, seems to be a good box-to-box midfielder, Leipzig have the backing to resist our overtures if they want so will probably depend on how much of a stink the player kicks up whether we can get the deal done. If not we can get him cheaper next season due to a release clause apparently.

We don't seem to be in much of a hurry to offload Sturridge / he doesn't want to leave, not been reliably linked with any strikers aside from Mbappe (which isn't going to happen). We have signed Dom Solanke from Chelsea, he's just 19 though so will likely be one for the U23s/domestic cups, he looked good in the U20 WC though (was player of the tournament).

We'll be after a left back as well, if we sell Moreno, but it doesn't seem to be a big priority and we're happy to get someone young it seems (maybe Andrew Robertson from Hull, who looks good). I thought we'd be after another right back as well, but Klopp seems to be pretty happy with his options there. Lucas might finally be out the door (have been saying that every summer for the last 3-4 years though), would like to see him stay in the premier league, maybe he could rejoin Rafa at Newcastle, completely underrated player.

Lol Mbappe.

I agree with most of what you wrote about Lukaku, he also needs to work on his hold up and link up play.

Shocking that you lot aren't trying to improve your back 4 more. Keita is a very decent B2B, but I don't know who he replaces in your midfield, and not sure he'd be happy to come as a squad player.

apparently Mbappe was more interested in coming to Liverpool than City, didn't fancy the idea of competing with Aguero presumably, we were willing to match any fee for him. We've no chance up against Madrid though.