IGNORED

Autechre Remixes

Guest Spittal

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is going on with the speed on that song? - most rips including the laxir comp and that youtube rip have it playing at 33, but I double-checked the vinyl, it's definitely 45.

The speed in that rip Friendly Stranger posted is correct as I have the CD single. Never heard a faster version.

What is going on with the speed on that song? - most rips including the laxir comp and that youtube rip have it playing at 33, but I double-checked the vinyl, it's definitely 45.

The speed in that rip Friendly Stranger posted is correct as I have the CD single. Never heard a faster version.
Double checked and the vinyl definitely says 45...

post-8955-14430393670636_thumb.jpg

BUT playing the other side (which I never much listened to) it does sound like a 33 pressing, so I'm guessing misprint here - which is a problem for me as I've been listening to it at 45 all these years and got used to it at that speed.

Even used it in a mix at 45 -8 or so... https://soundcloud.com/danshoebridge/music-from-108-musicians-mixed-by-dan-shoebridge (about 40 minutes in).

Ah well, will try it a few times at 33 and see if I can get used to it.

• 2 years later...

It's all about 1Belm and Pushchairs for Grownups for me. This probably sounds really cheesy and overly specific but I love the ones where they sample a chord stab and build a track around it. The Sanq one is great, too, and seems to be the origin of the percussion from Further. Of course there are dozens of other great ones, those just seem to be my perennial favorites.

<3 The Sanq indeed

Why are they so good with everything they have done, like albums, eps, remixes, lives, collabs, side projects ?!

i can’t get enough

But i’d love to hear more new remixes of them like the dilankex or the moroder ones

• 7 months later...

Revisiting this for the first time is probably years. Not sure if the breaks were the best choice for percussion, but the rest is phenomenal.

nah. It's cheesy crap

Revisiting this for the first time is probably years. Not sure if the breaks were the best choice for percussion, but the rest is phenomenal.

nah. It's cheesy crap

nevermind_nathan_fillion.gif

lol

That changeup toward the end is kind of neat though, kind of reminds me of the middle of Bladelores.

This one is lovely if very repetitive and also a bit cheesy, but the rip I have (which I thought was from Laxir) has some horrible CD skipping noise on it just like the rip of "More Like Space" I've been listening to since college

You got that right!

See, this guy knows what's up. I listened to it again today and it's still one of my favorites among the Laxir remixes.

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably my new favorite rmx. For being 20 years old now it's aged well.

The Anodyne one is still good IMO but I've been more in the mood for this one lately. Better autumn feels I guess. Plus the percussion work in the Anodyne remix doesn't hold a candle to this one.

amber and I already talked about this, but I have a theory that said Stereolab remix is the origin of Laughing Quarter's drums.

Stereolab would have had to send them the track to remix in 1996 for my theory to be correct though. So maybe it just uses the same Max patch or something.

This is probably my new favorite rmx. For being 20 years old now it's aged well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu0Cu9WtWNE

The Anodyne one is still good IMO but I've been more in the mood for this one lately. Better autumn feels I guess. Plus the percussion work in the Anodyne remix doesn't hold a candle to this one.

Tbf autechre have made remarkably little music that hasn't aged well. Even Lego Feet still sounds like it's from another planet.

Tbf autechre have made remarkably little music that hasn't aged well. Even Lego Feet still sounds like it's from another planet.

I think this is for at least a couple reasons. On the one hand they have pretty eclectic taste, so they have absorbed idioms from a good variety of genres. On the other hand, they have always tweaked these idioms to suit their taste, so they always sound like them instead of music trend du jour.

That said, Incunabula and Amber stick out to me in their catalog as having aged the most poorly, even though they both have some gems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu0Cu9WtWNE

I think this is for at least a couple reasons. On the one hand they have pretty eclectic taste, so they have absorbed idioms from a good variety of genres. On the other hand, they have always tweaked these idioms to suit their taste, so they always sound like them instead of music trend du jour.

That said, Incunabula and Amber stick out to me in their catalog as having aged the most poorly, even though they both have some gems.

I would say they are in the minority even on those albums. I mean you are coming at them as someone who has heard all their stuff. To the average listener I bet they both still sound pretty alien.

• 3 months later...

Anyone ever hear the full version of the OST-remix that was supposed to come out ~ 2008?

i got a short excerpt in my archive that (iirc) chris douglas shared on his website at some point, but i wonder what became of the whole thing

edit: it was supposed to be a remix of the track "ou" from his album "seimlste"

Anyone ever hear the full version of the OST-remix that was supposed to come out ~ 2008?

i got a short excerpt in my archive that (iirc) chris douglas shared on his website at some point, but i wonder what became of the whole thing

edit: it was supposed to be a remix of the track "ou" from his album "seimlste"

I asked Chris about the label Mesk Records that was supposed to release it (it was "7 years ago", no specific date shown in soundcloud), he replied with this

Amhain

hey man,
Oh the mesk thing is a nonstop,nothing happening drama pit.
I am not involved any longer with this guy.
He is a friend and all, but he will not get it together.
I tried and helped.
He also has an autechre remix they did of one of my tracks from the seimlste album.
For which he has had for ..umm.. 5 years now.
He was also talking about a collab between i and conrad schnitzler.
(Which you probably know is impossible now) for about the same time.
I already am as frustrated with the treatment and run abouts my work gets.
So it is healthier to have nothing to do with that label or guy in business etc.

Though later - some years ago - i recall Chris wrote about plans to release it on his facebook page

Archived