IGNORED

Ed Banger To Release Squarepusher's new projet

Stock

Thanks for the 320kbps sharing ! Since I have this on iTunes, I'm afraid of hearing this...I don't want to over-listen to the track, buy the 12" and be disappointed :emotawesomepm9:

His use of the vocoder on Cryptic Motion is really different than the one on The Coathanger (imo). This one is much more creepy, maybe a bit cold, but it fit perfectly with the "warmth" of the music.

Well, stop speaking about temperatures.

EDIT : Waw, 9000th reply of the Squarepusher Subforum :squarepusher:

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the 320kbps sharing ! Since I have this on iTunes, I'm afraid of hearing this...I don't want to over-listen to the track, buy the 12" and be disappointed :emotawesomepm9:

His use of the vocoder on Cryptic Motion is really different than the one on The Coathanger (imo). This one is much more creepy, maybe a bit cold, but it fit perfectly with the "warmth" of the music.

Well, stop speaking about temperatures.

EDIT : Waw, 9000th reply of the Squarepusher Subforum :squarepusher:

I get what you mean about the vocoder and the general feel of the track, I was mainly referring to the bassline and the skittery drum beat... I know they're not that similar really, but it made me immediately think of the coathanger.

Cheers for the hook up Jimbob! An interesting track, more palletable than his JAS stuff to my ears. I look forward to listening to it in decent quality alongside the rest of the EP, I wonder how many tracks we get? Cannot wait to hear what Mr. Oizo's done to it, that really is a dream combination. I'm expecting somthing fierce from Quentin, his kick drums kill.

I knew he was going to continue with this funk-JAS(Coathanger) thing. I agree with impakt, its a nice track, but it's pretty dull. There's nothing that really stands out. Again, its groovy and so on, but thats it. I guess Squarepusher has officially given up on complex compositions that would take years to finish.

Guest LIFE RIDES YOUR BONES

the oizo mix sounds stupid to my ears.

in other news, looks like Eno has something coming up on Warp so maybe we'll see the mythical sp collabo-project sometime this year...

don't know how to tangibly explain it, but it sounds 'forced', sort of chuggy. once you're used to it though it really grows on you. dead excited to hear more.

the oizo mix sounds stupid to my ears.

in other news, looks like Eno has something coming up on Warp so maybe we'll see the mythical sp collabo-project sometime this year...

Was saying the same thing, about Oizo remix and about the Eno news :emotawesomepm9:

I didn't expect Oizo to do (for once) something else than an usual Oizo track. Well, it may be good, let's wait the release, I won't judge him based on a 58 seconds sample...

About The Coathanger : though I love it, I never found it "funky" (what Cryptic Motion is, indeed). What's wrong with me :cry: ?

And about the apparent simplicity of the track : this is released on Ed Banger, so maybe it's more "club-orientated" (i.e more simple), but I don't think this track is simplistic, and that's the only important thing about a track. I'm glad he managed to morph his complex ambitions into a more accessible track.

Guest Jimbob

Actually I had this new tune in my head for a large chunk of today whilst at work. Good pop tune, catchy as fook.

That Oizo remix is a bit wank though

You know this Mr Oizo remix is very Mr Oizo'ish.

I wish Squarepushers new track was very Squarepusher'ish.

I think thats all I got to say about this.

god dammit work on your mixing thom. Or maybe its the compression from off the radio. Anyways, I really hope this is just a single and an actual blow me away album will be released.

Guest LIFE RIDES YOUR BONES

lets turn this into an outright oizo hater's club thread.

let's see some photoshops of tom taking a dump on that puppet

GO GO

Oh please no, I love Oizo's stuff (music or films), but have to admit that he's actually better producing than remixing. Maybe SebastiAn would have been a better choice to remix the Shobaleader stuff.

Maybe it would have been better not having any remix at all :biggrin:

Will buy this 12" during my holidays in Paris, maybe in Colette (you know, this ultra snob shop owned by Pedro "Busy P" Winter's wife). Then, I'll buy a turntable :lol:

let's see some photoshops of tom taking a dump on that puppet

GO GO

Mr Oizo rules.

ppl here are just bipolar, go look at the Lambs Anger thread, its like 50 pages of kissing his bottom, then 2 months later everyone is like "pssh mr oizo"

Guest FoldingPidgeon

I love oizo and the other kids from Ed Banger and since I just started listening to people from Warp rec (Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, Auctechre, ect) everything is a lot more awesome then it prolly should be to me, so a Ed Banger release of Squarepusher and a Oizo remix is more or less a wet dream for me.

Archived