IGNORED

Arandel - In D

KGW

Interesting eletronica/techno/experimental album on the Agoria's Infine Music.

Arandel-In-D_header_image_review.jpg

The recording process or concept may interest some of you:

...He follows a set of self-imposed restraints that he terms "sound dogma," a production approach modeled after Lars Von Trier's method of film-making known as Dogma 95. In short, "sound dogma" entails that all sounds are performed and recorded by the artist himself, without any MIDI, samples or digital sounds of any kind.

"MIDI makes anything possible, as it gives the illusion of reality," Arandel says. "It's too easy to use it in the creative process, and the result usually sounds somewhat deceitful." In addition to keyboards and drum machines, In D was performed with an array of acoustic instruments ranging from flutes to stylophones to hapi drums.

I just downloaded this today and can confirm it is both unique and fantastic. Somehow seamlessly combining dance-floor techno with classical experimentation and many other things. It plays out like a continuous journey through numerous electronic genres.

A pleasant surprise for me as I knew nothing about the album before spotting it on eMusic earlier.

No replies, really?

I urge anyone who has an interested in techno to give this a listen. It really is outstanding. I've listened to it 5+ times since Sunday. Which, considering I work 9-5 and am unable to listen during these hours, is quite a few listens.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't believe no one is interested. Probably my favourite album of the year thus far.

Here's a mix made by the man/woman Arandel, featuring, what I assume to be music he likes to listen to and music that influenced him.

http://www.goutemesdisques.com/dossiers/id/goute-mes-mix-7/

Hopefully the tracklist for the mix will drum up a bit more interest for the album as I truly believe it deserves it:-

Tracklist

Mileece : Aube

Kieran Hebden & Steve Reid : We Dream Free

Linda Perhacs : Chimacum Rain (Demo With Sounds) w/ Four Tet : Our Bells

Raymond Scott : Vim

Pram : Iske

Manyfingers : Interlude

Rockabye Baby : All Is Full Of Love

Björk : The Boho Dance

Rasputina : A Quitter

Marie Laforêt : Ils S’en Vont Sur Un Nuage

Toni Esposito : Processione Sul Mare

Hot Chip : Won’t Wash

Aphex Twin : Logon Rock Witch

Bonobo : Intro

Luke Temple : Dinner Party

Pram : Metaluna

Manitoba : Lemon Yoghourt

Yael Naim : Toxic w/ Nino Nardini : Le Réveil Des Volcans

Martin Denny : Forbidden Island

Arandel : In D#5 (nicolas colas’ In A Shell Recomposition)

Kieran Hebden & Steve Reid : Greensleeves

J. Saunders : Tinkle

Archived