IGNORED

louis ck

gritbox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

I guess he's been hitting the road, selling out venues, and generally doing those things Louis is so good at. This is what the universe needs. 

• 3 months later...

saw him in Bxl yesterday, laughed myself to death - best since Beacon easily

I just checked the leak , what I saw was way more refined. more over the top, talking about the masturbation shit, etc. great crowd. hope he gets a special

• 10 months later...

I haven't heard/seen any of the leaked stuff, and just watched his new special. It gave my laugh muscles some much needed exercise. He's still got it, yo. 

I bought it earlier, but I think their servers are overloaded. Didn't let me download earlier because of an error.

10 minutes ago, Braintree said:

I bought it earlier, but I think their servers are overloaded. Didn't let me download earlier because of an error.

Mine worked about 30 minutes later.

4 minutes ago, Candiru said:

Mine worked about 30 minutes later.

Oh, I just figured it out. It was leading to a page that said "There was an error in the third-party application" but I just needed to refresh the page.

On 10/23/2018 at 2:00 AM, Salvatorin said:

I'm not even going to say that I would be particularly bothered if Louis C.K. masturbated in front of me, like at maybe a meter or twos distance (in private). It's not like I haven't let someone do that before. It's kind of like a private show or something. Try it out some time if you haven't.

Jesus how did this go unloved and unaddressed? loooool

Whatever. He probably didn't force people to stick around. "when no one can leave the room" stfu

Goddamnit. I never wanted to defend this guy. I never really liked his comedy anyway. But this was the weakest "me too" casualty from the celebrity world by far. Like whoever the last Allied retard was who stepped on a landmine after Hitler shot himself. lame. 

45 minutes ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

especially when you consider he handled it in basically the only proper way you can. accept the allegations, accept why your behaviour was wrong, be a better person, tell people "now is the time to be listening, not talking over others"

still gets thrown in the same pile as weinstein.

it defs was an abuse of his power and position as a comedian of note. he gets that, but at the time did not occur to him. unlike weinstein, cosby, etc who were doing objectively worse stuff knowing how bad it is. there is just no comparison, sorry. it's still gross and wrong but he doesn't deserve to be compared with those literal rapists.

I don't even think he did anything wrong. The whole power dynamics talk is nonsense if you analyse it case by case. He only took the blame because iit was the only thing he could do PR-wise. He was held hostage by shame and the political climate.

College dorm room drama that happened 15-20 years ago is cancel worthy, but we love David Bowie. People get chosen for you to direct your rage at and people go along with it. 

Often there wasn't a direct power hierarchical connection, it was just two colleagues getting together and he happened to be more successful than the other. That to me isn't an indictment.

I recognise that a yes isn't always pure but that's an endless rabbithole to go on about, people (aka grown ass adults)  have to take some accountability. From what I gathered nobody was physically coerced and they all somewhat manifested consent. He didn't deserve all that backlash and the amalgamation with Weinstein. It hurts the metoo movement. People see this shit and eventually stop caring.

Archived