IGNORED

louis ck

gritbox

And the doctor - good lord. In the opening episode for this season (4) with his explanation of the back?

fucking toplel.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the doctor - good lord. In the opening episode for this season (4) with his explanation of the back?

fucking toplel.

Charles Grodin reprising his role from Rosemary's Baby

Guest bitroast

oh snap, I been meaning to watch Rosemary's Baby for a wee while now. good incentive to may be watch it over the weekend or sometime maybe shortly : !1

it fucking killed me to see the PSH memoriam flash on the screen at the end and to later find out he was meant to featured in this episode... i guess as the science teacher? he would have slayed that...

Guest bitroast

my god that was incredible. the episode had its ups and downs (not in quality but in the emotions, never quite sure which direction the scene will take next). but man, that ending got to me.

great episode(s) *N*

yeah that was some truly stunning television. really amazing story telling. I wonder if he can top that for the end of the season? please fuck i hope pamela doesn't die.

mmm mmm mmmm, that was indeed some tasty television! ("In the Woods")

Really great stuff. Would be interesting if he gets more into the movie-making side of things and starts making some dramas...

just watched the elevator episodes and feel a lot better about the show. I feel like the way the season started off was not very interesting to me and that initial period climaxed with the banal morality of the fat girl episode. but now it's back to lush louie shit which is always QG.

lush louie/QG

his show felt woody allen to me, but i realized its actually very Jim Jarmusch. Especially reminds me of the feel of his film Night on Earth

loved the last episode, one of his best. reminded me of the kids b-plot of a Serious Man. Thought the last season was overall stronger though, this one had too many multi-part episodes that didn't have as much of a satisfying arc. Still really fucking good, Charles Grodin was a nice surprise.

Haven't lol'd quite as much lately (except for in the extended comedy monologue in Pamela Pt. 1, which was top form shit) but I've been happily grinning the whole time as this guy just becomes a fucking amazing visual storyteller. There's some masterfully subtle and effective stuff in his directing now. Fucking lol @ our shitty world if Pootie Tang is still Louis C.K.'s last cinematic writing/directing gig 10 years from now.

probably the most brilliantly conceived "fat joke" ever. i nearly cried when louie awkwardly squeezed himself into the tiny shower while displacing the water and dousing the candles. fucking flol.

Guest bitroast

this season was so fucking on point, yay for Louis!!!!! Our new white Cosby.

pretty much.

better than anything I've seen in a good while.

tempted to go out and buy the dvds and blu-rays and digital downloads a couple of times just to make up for the pirating.

probably the most brilliantly conceived "fat joke" ever. i nearly cried when louie awkwardly squeezed himself into the tiny shower while displacing the water and dousing the candles. fucking flol.

i died lolling during that.

Great season. Pretty much perfect imo.

I read some reviews of the finale last night---stuff like NY Times, Variety, etc--and I was amazed at how idiotic the opinions were. They thought that Pamela was actually the destructive kind of crazy and that Louie was an actual would-be-rapist and that the scales-for-weed episode was boring and that the show's complete disregard for continuity is actually problematic...

Guest bitroast

Great season. Pretty much perfect imo.

I read some reviews of the finale last night---stuff like NY Times, Variety, etc--and I was amazed at how idiotic the opinions were. They thought that Pamela was actually the destructive kind of crazy and that Louie was an actual would-be-rapist and that the scales-for-weed episode was boring and that the show's complete disregard for continuity is actually problematic...

about as painful as reading pitchfork reviews of classic idm albums.

got a few paragraphs into the ny times review myself before figuring "fuck it" and closed the sucker.

Archived