IGNORED

louis ck

gritbox

there's been some good stuff in this season but dayum, episode 7 is the most boring thing i have ever seen, wtf?

yeah, the bit with the driver was ok, but the stuff in the airport was pretty dull.

the cinnabon stand being called 'jizzy buns' rescued the episode for me as i remembered his stand up about cinnabon but made me lol hard anyhow, great little detail but yeah this season seems some how rushed a bit for better or worse, perhaps fewer longer episodes would be better

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel the opposite to you PP of course. IMO things that could take up 5 minutes, take up 15 minutes.. and then yea, I guess there are rushed bits but if the pacing of the rest was correct then there would be no need for longer episodes,which would drag. The entire motel/airport episode could have been a 7 min intro to whatever will be in the next episode.

why the fuck am i talking about this tho wtf

I feel the opposite to you PP of course. IMO things that could take up 5 minutes, take up 15 minutes.. and then yea, I guess there are rushed bits but if the pacing of the rest was correct then there would be no need for longer episodes,which would drag. The entire motel/airport episode could have been a 7 min intro to whatever will be in the next episode.

why the fuck am i talking about this tho wtf

yeah what i meant is a combination of stories/sketches in say a 40-60min episode, i guess the ones that are split in parts are like that, not a dragged out airport episode.....why the fuck am i talking about this tho.... time for a jizzy bun

you know, i'm a huge fan of louis ck, i think he's about as close as it gets to being a comic genius or whatever. but i've never been completely sold by the show. i think sometimes the format just comes across as way more ham-fisted or something. like, his stand-up has this basic moral foundation where he plays with the boundaries of morality and immorality in order to make what i think are complex points about society and people or whatever. but in the show it's often just kinda one-dimensional. i'm thinking of the episode where he punches the rich girl for example...the premise was absolutely hilarious and weird but then it ended with this super heavy handed "rich people fuck the little man" scene. also the fat girl episode...i think it's cool that he opened up the discussion but it also just came off like a salon article or something. and i know i'm completely in the minority here but i thought the dream episode was cheesy. again, i think it's cool that he's exploring that shit in his series but imo it came off like an undergrad version of david lynch. wow, aren't dreams like SO WEIRD. OMG THAT GUY WITH THE FACE. dude, aren't dreams totally like that with like your dick is a swirl and shit and you totally get up in front of a crowd and everyone totally fucking hates you and your dick is out and weird?!?

but i think maybe i just have fucked expectations here. i've followed his career as a standup comedian for many years now and he refined that shit to really amazing artistic levels. maybe he just hasn't quite gotten there with the tv format or something. i still like it but i'm not as much of a fanboy as i am with his standup.

wipes tear

yes to this. having complete 100% creative control over usually collaborative work can create feelings of one-dimensional "DONT YOU GET WHAT IM DOING HERE"

100% totally agree, there are moments on his show where he really nails it perfectly but im feeling like these moments only comprise about 10% of the show at most. I actually thought the dream episode was one of his best, but i feel the way you do about most of the 'awkward' moments the show tries to present. In a way they feel a lot like Curb your Enthusiasm but done more 'naturalistically' but i feel often times Louie just uses the magic or improv or 'hey were just meeting eachother on set for literally the first time lets do a take and use the first take' type of moments, and a lot of the times they just dont fucking work and feel like drama class amateur hour

• 3 weeks later...

re: sexual accusations

came across this old episode of Opie and Anthony where Louie tells 3 questionable sexual stories from his youth

story 1 - shows his dick to a retarded girl
story 2 - exposes his penis to the town pervert
story 3 - used to break into the apartment next door which housed 2 female nurses and would jizz into their underwear while they werent home
he also chimes in later with " i have a pretty nice dick" talks about how he's proud of the size of his dick

i dont know guys, the gawker stuff is seeming a little more credible to me now. thoughts?

edit: the fact that this video exists and is very easy to find and has been reposted multiple times is more evidence that Gawker as a journalistic organization has extremely fucking poor research skills. If they had spiked their expose with this video it would have gotten a lot more traction i think (whether the accusations are true, exaggerated half-truths or not true at all)

• 1 month later...

I loathe Jim Norton and Anthony Cumia

My father was trying to tell me that Cumia isn't racist, he's just un-PC and "tells it like it is." But right after Cumia got fired for his Twitter meltdown, he went on Political Cesspool--an openly white nationalist/supremacist radio show--to complain about black people.

(here's the wikipedia page)

(here's the broadcast)

My father was trying to tell me that Cumia isn't racist, he's just un-PC and "tells it like it is." But right after Cumia got fired for his Twitter meltdown, he went on Political Cesspool--an openly white nationalist/supremacist radio show--to complain about black people.

(here's the broadcast)

i've grown from loathing jim norton to finding him really charming but as far as anthony being a racist, its pretty obvious he was more than just a casual typical east coast racist long before he went on that nationalist radio show.

(here's the broadcast)

i've grown from loathing jim norton to finding him really charming but as far as anthony being a racist, its pretty obvious he was more than just a casual typical east coast racist long before he went on that nationalist radio show.

Although I'm not one of those people who think doing accents is inherently racist, Jim Norton talking about Michio Kaku is pretty cringe:

yeah i'm not a fan of a lot of the shit he does, just in terms of rating him as a standup comedian though I think his new special on Netflix 'contextually adequate' is pretty damn good. Compared to his 2008(?) special 'monster rain' its like night and day quality difference.

thats funny our dad (edit I meant your dad, but keeping the original typo) listens to O&A and defends Ant, that must be a mixture of cool & infuriating to know your dad is up on all the most cutting edge sexual lingo & dumb internet memes

yeah i'm not a fan of a lot of the shit he does, just in terms of rating him as a standup comedian though I think his new special on Netflix 'contextually adequate' is pretty damn good. Compared to his 2008(?) special 'monster rain' its like night and day quality difference.

thats funny our dad (edit I meant your dad, but keeping the original typo) listens to O&A and defends Ant, that must be a mixture of cool & infuriating to know your dad is up on all the most cutting edge sexual lingo & dumb internet memes

I spent an hour last week trying to explain to him how to copy and paste a YouTube URL onto Facebook so he could post a video.It didn't work.

It was probably the most frustrating thing I've done in probably 2 or 3 years. He's a full-on alcoholic at this point so I had to tell him what a "URL" was about 4 or 5 times. He's not really up on anything lol.

And he's "old school." From talking to him I've learned alot about how someone's cultural environment dictates their worldview. He's been surrounded by white good ol' boys his entire life, and up until a few years ago he watched Fox News. He's come around on a few issues, but he's still got that white 50-something male Republican bent.

yeah, they found in a study on mine or industrial workers that long term alcohol use, makes one unable to learn new tasks, you become fixed with the skillset that you had when you were younger, terrible drug.

/lifts gin/brown sugar/water/lime juice and sadly swallows.

/if only this was vodka :cry:

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

just not a lot of funny

textbook louisck but the subjectmatter is either boring or already done by him or others better

guess he just gets a lot of laughs these days because he's Louis C.K., probably hard to judge what is actually good material to put in a special

i duhnno

Archived