IGNORED

louis ck

gritbox

You may be right.  I like the guy, so maybe i just find him naturally funny, regardless of the subject matter.  I can really relate to his sense of humour.  This shits all over Kevin Hart's latest 'special' though (but that aint hard, how is he so popular?!?)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wish it was textbook lck, but it isn't. a lot of jokes are just very dull or go on for way too long (the 2017 is a good example) or have really weak punchlines. it's really depressing to see someone you love to begin to gradually lose it, like a grandad with alzheimer or something.

i wish it was textbook lck, but it isn't. a lot of jokes are just very dull or go on for way too long (the 2017 is a good example) or have really weak punchlines. it's really depressing to see someone you love to begin to gradually lose it, like a grandad with alzheimer or something.

IDK yes was a bit weaker, still great though compared to most standups. i think he has in hands in a bunch of shows/films at the moment as producer, actor, director think like or 4-5 shows running concurrently, definitely too many, as there are too many shows generally, so perhaps he's getting distracted & not as hungry for the standup.

his recent monologue on SNL kinda said it all on SNL staying in 5 star hotels etc needs to get the appetite back as he's in a comfortable, lazy place.

he's also doing a collab album with louis theroux 

new special isn't good. discuss.

We finally agree on something.

I think I only laughed throughout it since I was high as shit. I really dislike the "me and my girlfriend blah blah" routine that a lot of comedians do. His past material has mostly been in opposition to that style, but this special is pretty blasé.

Magic Mike bit tho

Haven't seen the special yet, but this bit killed live. Sounds like it's mostly material he did in the london show, so I'm not in a big rush to watch it.

I remember thinking his 2016 special was his worst... but apparently there is no 2016 special, so I don't know what to think anymore.  This last one was decent, though not as strong as usual.  That may be because I'm so used to his style that there are no surprises left.  The element of surprise is kind of key in comedy.  It's got to be hard living up to being everybody's favorite standup.

I enjoyed the new one. He's not that funny though. Just a regular guy making jokes in the way that basically any bantering group of middle aged men do. There's walking the line of offence in an intelligent way, pushing it and creating layers of manipulation and irony to ensnare the audience, and then there's doing it in a blatant way that isn't in any way clever. His voices are pretty lame as well.

That said. Laugh out loud moments for sure. 

don't watch if you are suicidal

he's also doing a collab album with louis theroux 

what?

that was my stand up 

:facepalm:

new special isn't good. discuss.

Phew, glad it's not just me - Enjoyed all the specials to date and the Louis shows but something just didn't feel right with this one. Seemed very throwaway, he didn't really seem to have as much energy as normal. Like it was an *alright* hour, but 'alright' isn't normally the standard he sets on stage

The special before this one didn't do much for me, and this one was even worse. The magic mike and the guy in the shitty car bits were pretty funny however. Sad to see him falling off. Even Bill Burr's latest special didn't deliver as much as his previous one did, maybe I'm just too familiar with their material and delivery at this point. It's time to check out some new comedians.

I unno', I liked the last special just as much as any of his, I thought it was great.

Still prefer Doug Stanhope but yeah. 

nah i like both for diff reasons but think louis has the edge sever so slightly, some of DS sets just turn into a negative rant which is ok if your watching while your drunk but when your sober it makes for sobering viewing

:facepalm:

Archived