IGNORED

louis ck

gritbox

I don't understand this need to remove all art made by people who have done bad things, we'll end up cencoring everything if this keeps up. People do bad shit, that doesn't make everything they've ever touched harmful to the general population. I'm getting pissed off! Fuck!

I think the idea is to stop giving them money

In my opinion if it turns out an artist is a serial sexual predator all of their stuff should be put free to download.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don’t worry, after they left Louie’s hotel room I sure Gilbert Gottfreid and Dave Attel took care of them.

This kinda says something about being transparent as an artist. Like, if Dave Attell jacked off on a passed out girl's face we would all be like: "ah, that's just his Tuesday" and buy tix to his next show

It seems arbitrary. Like equality between the sexes has been reduced to playing the “damsel in distress”/“slut shaming” card when it’s convenient. Otherwise, R Kelly and Chris Brown would be in jail and we’d have a female president.

It’s not like Tig Notaro turned his money down when she had him executive produce an episode based on his own scandals.

It seems arbitrary. Like equality between the sexes has been reduced to playing the “damsel in distress”/“slut shaming” card when it’s convenient. Otherwise, R Kelly and Chris Brown would be in jail and we’d have a female president.

yeah, this hopping from victorian shock and devastation by the sight of a dude masturbating to the discourse of female empowerment, equality and of women being just as good as men in whatever field, is kinda funny.

this is the twitter of his 2 main accusers btw: https://twitter.com/DanaAndJulia/media

Appreciated louis ck's statement, tbh. No excuses, but showing some honest self-reflection, imo. Would have been more effective if it wasnt a white font against a white background though. (Using the classic layout)

\i dont understand this world you guys want to live in when bad behavior goes unpunished, this isnt a bullshit crime like smoking weed, what he did was an assault on vulnerable individuals,one of the worst crimes out there

if this story had trump or hannity instead of luis ck the reaction from the white knights defending ck would be sooooo the opposite 

just because you like his stand up you want to give him a free pass, phfff, and you get man when trumpanzees give trump a pass for his sexual stuff 

give me a break , taking women into your bedroom then get naked and start masturbating, jeez what the fuck man, imagine being the women in the presence of that maniac, you'll think a rape or a murder is about to happen.

what he did is fucking gross, what is he a fucking chimp? can't control himself like a normal human being?

that kind of behavior belongs in an old school loony bin

give me a break , taking women into your bedroom then get naked and start masturbating, jeez what the fuck man, imagine being the women in the presence of that maniac, you'll think a rape or a murder is about to happen.

what he did is fucking gross, what is he a fucking chimp? can't control himself like a normal human being?

but none of that really happened according to the nyt article. he asked if it was okay if he did that each time and abode by the answers.

the two morons whose twitter i linked to above claim that he asked them if it was ok, but they didn't say yes, yet they stayed for the whole show and watched him while laughing until he came. i really can't fathom how laughing at a dude masturbating can be transformed into some kind of traumatic experience to be used as a potential career demolisher 15 years later.

but none of that really happened according to the nyt article. he asked if it was okay if he did that each time and abode by the answers.

the two morons whose twitter i linked to above claim that he asked them if it was ok, but they didn't say yes, yet they stayed for the whole show and watched him while laughing until he came. i really can't fathom how laughing at a dude masturbating can be transformed into some kind of traumatic experience to be used as a potential career demolisher 15 years later.

This ends up being a question of implied or explicit consent, no? Also when these things started happening (late 1990s) I wouldn't say his status gave him relative power (such as Weinstein). This is why I think it's being overblown. To be clear, I don't think lack of protest is necessarily consent, however in the situations/descriptions listed it definitely seems that way...

a friend's college roommate would take his balls out at parties.  just through the zipper. not the penis. just the balls. and he'd let them hang out and just walk around the party as if it's normal. people laughed. then it got old and no one cared until someone new showed up at the party and watching their reaction became the joke. some women would pet his balls from the bottom. as if it was a dog's chin. college.

if louis had just taken his balls out and not his cock people might not have complained. the balls are less offensive and there's no jacking off. 

:cerious:

but imagine for a minute that big hairy body of louie CK naked from head to toe in all its pasty whiteness.. probably a little shiny w/perspiration.. standing in that shitty hotel room lighting.. that mix of lamp light and overhead light and TV glow... and his face in the face of a fat guy wacking it.. jiggling man boobs and belly.... 

that sounds like assault.. but legally might not be assault though i'm sure that is up to whoever the local DA is. 

anyway.. when looking at all this.. all these people being accused and accusers coming forward... step back and look at the big picture..  it's a lot of people being inspired by other people who've come forward and so they finally have the strength to unburden themselves of the thing they've kept inside for however long they've been holding on to it. 

this shit has to happen. it's inevitable and way too late. if this was going down 3 or 4 years ago who knows where we'd be politically. 

people need to be held accountable and perhaps culture and behavior will start to change.. but really it won't stick until more women are in positions of power... like managers and supervisors and CEOs etc in the corporate world blah blah yada yada yada... 

nope not buying that line of bullshit. weinstein is one thing. the guy is a monster who belongs in prison. placing louis ck's sexual perversion with consenting adults in that same narrative is real dangerous.

lol yeah. obviously i hope this is as bad as it gets for louis, i don't think it's career ending, it's not exactly out of character when you consider all the shit he's talked about on stage and on radio / podcasts. it's good that we're dealing with this conversation around assault and i totally agree that it should have happened years ago. maybe there's something i've overlooked with this louis thing but it doesn't seem fair to imply he's as bad as weinstein and spacey. 

i wasn't implying that was i?  i don't think i was but maybe i'm oblivous to my own damn self.   shrug

of course rape and assault and groping and all that is different than be a perverted clown.  

I wonder if Jimmy Norton is stressing right now lol. If his material is anything to go by.

Even tho hes a freak i think jimmy is the sweetest and treats his sexual partners with respect

Archived