IGNORED

louis ck

gritbox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Touche.

Marc Maron does a remarkable job of putting this whole thing into perspective in the first 20 minutes of his lastest podcast.  It's definitely worth a listen.  He's friends with many of the people involved including Louis, and he digs pretty deep here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-OkLSS2TbQ

I appreciated what Marc Maron had to say, i happened to listen to that episode for the Kim Deal interview. 

I don't listen to his show regularly but i tune in occasionally when someone i like is a guest. I think he is a great interviewer. 

Agreed, though I often find his interviews with musicians to be frustrating because he doesn't seem to ever know what he's talking about when the topic is music.  He gets the cultural context, but not the actual music part.  It's awkward listening to that, the same way most music journalism is awkward to read.  But as far as connecting with the people he's interviewing, he's one of the best.  Especially when it's another comedian, because that's really his area of expertise.  Comedy and being neurotic.  Seems like a genuinely good guy too.

if this whole kerfuffle is a (somewhat) strategic attempt to hurt the Donald, and it looks like it rn, since voices targeting him are now getting louder and louder, it deserves full support indeed.

tbh the whole thing looked like that from the beginning.. quite reactionary to Trump presidency & especially the „grab em by the pussy“ thing.. but Trump is too powerful, so the shitstorm had to take down some lower men first... maybe this can succeed...

if this whole kerfuffle is a (somewhat) strategic attempt to hurt the Donald, and it looks like it rn, since voices targeting him are now getting louder and louder, it deserves full support indeed.

tbh the whole thing looked like that from the beginning.. quite reactionary to Trump presidency & especially the „grab em by the pussy“ thing.. but Trump is too powerful, so the shitstorm had to take down some lower men first... maybe this can succeed...

It sure is a nice thought. However, I fear that his base is so 1) loyal and 2) ignorant that this can't hurt him.

i think we should distinguish between a republican sexual misconduct and a liberal one. "grab them by the pussy" is clearly republican. it's a masculine, john wayne kind of move of asserting domination over your female and thus a reaffirmation of judeo-christian norms with regards to the roles of females in society. while this "can you please let me masturbate before you"/ejaculating onto own stomach while the two females are laughing at you, is clearly liberal. in that scenario it's the female that is elevated in her status and the male is humiliated, it's basically a weirdly feminism-acknowledging sexual misconduct that crushes traditional norms. if trump would pull the latter he would get a lot more shit.

If they wanted to see him jack off they would have asked. He's a really big guy, and I'm sure these women felt pretty intimidated. He was obviously using his influence irresponsibly. The guy was a head writer on Conan in the 90s. He made a shit ton of money and knew every comedian worth a fuck in New York.

You guys that are defending his transgressions should think of it through the perspective of a woman that's a fraction of his size and isn't sure if she's going to be raped or not. Even if he had asked, you have no idea where it's going to go. I imagine it can be quite frightening.

He should definitely have some backlash, but not compared to the heat that Roy Moore or Trump should feel.

I often think of this with reference to Louis CK and jacking off too much:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5I-tUoBoSo

The guy was a head writer on Conan in the 90s. He made a shit ton of money and knew every comedian worth a fuck in New York.

No he wasn't, he was just a regular writer, and wouldn't have been getting paid much, he was head writer for The Dana Carvey Show after he left Conan, would've made a bit more then, but didn't earn any serious money until 2005 when he got his first HBO special. Interestingly the last of these jerkoff stories (the one that was refused and nothing happened) occurred that year. Maybe he stopped being such a gross asshole after he started earning and getting properly famous?

• 2 weeks later...

Louis said on Stern he got 4k a week for the Conan job. Not bad

For 4K a week I would have jerked off louis myself.

for how many weeks though? 

Louis said on Stern he got 4k a week for the Conan job. Not bad

For 4K a week I would have jerked off louis myself.

for how many weeks though?

52 straight.

Haneke should parody this in his next film. Imagine his take on the self gratification of people involved in showbusiness? He'd probably do a subtext of bourgeoisie vaginal dryness and infertility.

Archived