IGNORED

VHS Head - Trademark Ribbons of Gold

oh my mother fucking fuck!!!

i've been wating for what feels like forever for this...

all i need now is to see a live show.

there'll never be any live shows, because then you'll see that they're actually really BoC. ooopps! my bad.

Guest ruiagnelo

there'll never be any live shows, because then you'll see that they're actually really BoC. ooopps! my bad.

:emotawesomepm9: imagine if it actually were BoC mate!

lol, or even Autechre!

it would be cool, eh. :)

Guest ruiagnelo

lol, or even Autechre!

i don't think it will bring any discussion that can be compared to the tuss/richard d james, but i am very anxious for it!

lol, or even Autechre!

i don't think it will bring any discussion that can be compared to the tuss/richard d james, but i am very anxious for it!

same here. Skam have done well to keep it mysterious and get the people talking i think.

is it him? is it them? it's the Boards, no it's Gescom, no, it's.... who is it?? lol :)

i'm really looking forward to it.

haven't heard any clips of the album yet. i'm saving myself for it, the proper album experience i mean. :)

Guest ruiagnelo

lol, or even Autechre!

same here. Skam have done well to keep it mysterious and get the people talking i think.

is it him? is it them? it's the Boards, no it's Gescom, no, it's.... who is it?? lol :)

haven't heard any clips of the album yet. i'm saving myself for it, the proper album experience i mean. :)

skam will be probably releasing bola's ambrosia as well (?), so i guess this label can still bring some nice tunes to the electronic music scene.

Guest Zykial

lol, or even Autechre!

VHS Head is Adrian Blacow, younger brother to Kris Blacow (aka Vannevar) From Blackpool UK

http://www.myspace.com/krisblacow

Edited by Zykial

VHS Head is Adrian Blacow, younger brother to Kris Blacow (aka Vannevar) From Blackpool UK

lol where is that quote from?

i don't kno, bro.. here. but i'd wager it be true. told ya didn't i. lol ;)

and Zykial has fucked it all up now. no more mystery. it was meant to be kept super secret, ffs.. boooooooo !

Guest Zykial

lol where is that quote from?

and Zykial has fucked it all up now. no more mystery. it was meant to be kept super secret, ffs.. boooooooo !

common knowledge i thought

Blackpool, Northwest

United Kingdom

http://www.myspace.com/vhshead

Blackpool electronica artist.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/VHS+Head

We know VHS Head hails from Blackpool

http://www.last.fm/music/VHS+Head/+wiki

yeah i knew that. oscillik was trying to tell me it was one of BoC, though. oh, that guy! lol

..and the fact you've said he's from Blackpool doesn't really matter... yeah, common knowledge, probably.

but i thought his name was not to be uttered..

oh well.

if it was a quote from here that means it'd have a link to the original post, also even if it was from here, it could very well be just conjecture like everyone else...

common knowledge i thought

Blackpool, Northwest

United Kingdom

http://www.myspace.com/vhshead

Blackpool electronica artist.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/VHS+Head

We know VHS Head hails from Blackpool

http://www.last.fm/music/VHS+Head/+wiki

oh

just relaying what i've seen on the net, no detective work on my part :cerious:

yup, there's that conjecture!

yeah i knew that. oscillik was trying to tell me it was one of BoC, though. oh, that guy! lol

..and the fact you've said he's from Blackpool doesn't really matter... yeah, common knowledge, probably.

oh well.

you're none the wiser than anyone else right now. it is all conjecture. the sources listed above are all compiled from various other conjecture from around the net (apart from the vhshead myspace page, which doesn't give any information whatsoever).

if it was a quote from here that means it'd have a link to the original post, also even if it was from here, it could very well be just conjecture like everyone else...

no, i meant, 'i don't know here'. like from where i am, we don't know here. ya get me? :)

oh well.

you're none the wiser than anyone else right now. it is all conjecture. the sources listed above are all compiled from various other conjecture from around the net (apart from the vhshead myspace page, which doesn't give any information whatsoever).

naw, what was posted above by Zykial is actually true. it's nothing to do with BoC at all. :(

The name 'trademark ribbons of gold' was a reference to the pre-cert era of video tapes . This was the true golden era of home video

A "pre-cert video" is any videotape issued in the UK before the introduction of the 1984 Video Recordings Act. Pre-cert videos were not required by law to be submitted to the BBFC so the era was unregulated, leading to many uncut releases of videos which would have fallen foul of the BBFC's strict guidelines. Some of the smaller independent companies decided to take advantage of this by issuing "strong uncut" versions depicting graphic violence and gore. A whole barrage of titles previously banned by the BBFC from getting a cinema release suddenly ended up uncensored on home video.

Anyone have the 4 songs from the vhs head and skam myspace pages? I tried to capture the streams of trademark ribbons of gold, seen enough?, the violent breed and remote control...couldn't get it to work for some reason. I'm surprised the whole album hasn't leaked yet!

The name 'trademark ribbons of gold' was a reference to the pre-cert era of video tapes . This was the true golden era of home video

A "pre-cert video" is any videotape issued in the UK before the introduction of the 1984 Video Recordings Act. Pre-cert videos were not required by law to be submitted to the BBFC so the era was unregulated, leading to many uncut releases of videos which would have fallen foul of the BBFC's strict guidelines. Some of the smaller independent companies decided to take advantage of this by issuing "strong uncut" versions depicting graphic violence and gore. A whole barrage of titles previously banned by the BBFC from getting a cinema release suddenly ended up uncensored on home video.

Interesting, thanks for that. I assumed the title was something to do with the VHS age but I didn't know what.

I've hardly checked out the samples. Just don't think I need to, this album seems like a no-brainer. And someone mentioned Neil Scriven as being VHS Head a while back, which makes more sense than BoC or Ae to me. Then again, maybe it's just some bloke noone's ever heard of.

EDIT: Only just realised playbynumbers had posted in this thread. Cool.

Edited by Caretstik

a little birdy tells me that VHS Head will be doing a live performance in Manchester with Mr76ix very soon.

ask your bird if he'll do any gigs south of the river Thames, oh you who said it was 1 of BoC. liar. :P