Some tracks:

The Durutti Column - Never Known

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv3KALmWljI

Section 25 - New Horizon

Cocteau Twins & Harold Budd - She Will Destroy You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EemuTgX3aEE

Gescom - Shoegazer

Adorable - A To Fade In

Durutti Column is great! And that Harold Budd / Cocteau Twins collab album is amazing

• 1 year later...

^ Lower Dens and Beach House have def dream pop vibe, which is shoegaze related.

Lower Dens also goes into krautrock territory sometimes rhythm wise.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I always thought of Alcest as shoegaze with black metal flavor, which isn't always there. They are pretty great, imo. 

• 1 month later...

Loved that, milkface. Thank you

Reminded me of isn't anything by mbv. How protoshoegaze should be? Spacemen 3 or Cocteau Twins match but don't know if lasts until The Cure or Joy Division. Also Malory should be here as posted on the other topic, they take a lot of Slowidve and Ride.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

LUDD has mentioned this album a few times on here. It started to click for me recently. And man is it awesome.

This song was the one that hooked me a couple or years ago. The choir vocals combined with that shoegaze sound is lush

• Like 2

On 4/2/2021 at 12:19 PM, perunamuusi said:

Berk, check out the Barging into the presence of God & Half Life eps as well if you haven't already.

Lovely tune!

On 6/21/2015 at 3:54 PM, jellyrajah said:

Durutti Column is great! And that Harold Budd / Cocteau Twins collab album is amazing

Bummer that Harold Budd died of COVID-19. He was one of the first people I read about dying from it. He was awesome.

I didn’t see any posts about them, but the swirlies were pretty good, I think considered shoegaze. I remember not understanding what that term meant for so long. I’m obsessed with pedals, so I kinda always thought maybe it had something to with that. But- a friend of mine told me it was because people that listened to sonic youth and mbv always walked around looking at their feet, avoiding eye contact

Its crazy how many of these musicians use jazzmasters, I don’t really ever play guitar much, but I do have a 70s Japanese J-bass that I love. If I get another guitar it will be a jazzmaster 

These guys have been pushing away from some of their earlier shoegaze tinged music but this is a great release.
Has moments that remind me of the latest OPN record in those two somewhat post punk vocal tracks.
Think its well worth a listen

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've posted these guys in this thread before but I am absolutely in love with their tunes so here are a few more tracks of theirs. (2006-2019 for context).

Also really enjoying Bardo Pond's 1997 stuff. Very gritty and rough.

• 6 months later...