IGNORED

Share your dreams

Guest happycase

:cisfor:

it's about amnesia (ironically my least favourite literary plot-device, just plain lazy) & trying to find answers to events that will forever remain walled off from full disclosure, possibly for the best

even when a head-injury/neuro-psych consultant explained that these memories would never be recoverable due to the nature of concussion & what the brain/mind can default to during a near death experience, it just made the dream cycle even more aggressive

rarely lucidly dream... never "enough" to influence an actual dream mid-state, Jodorowsky's big on it but it seems nigh on impossible to indulge lucid agency in dreams at least to this human, although admit being a tad envious of those who can

Edited by cwmbrancity

• 2 weeks later...

Have you really tried? Read a book about it and get the idea stuck in your head, much more likely to happen that way.

I've had original music going on in every dream for the past 2 weeks, none were lucid but it's well fun hearing what your subconscious comes up with. Used to only happen to me occasionally but lately it's been multiple pieces each night.

Also I tired to burn down a Chinese restaurant.

dreamt me and a friend were flying a bomber plane during the 70s over the heart of africa and we crash-landed in a swampy lake and got out to be met by naked albinos, one of whom was a massive woman lying on a concrete slab, she kept pouring gasoline into her gaping vagina and it emitted a clear blue flame. i remarked that this was a dangerous activity. then we started unpacking all of these weird alien MRE type things that activated by soaking up the swampy water and the people feasted on the strange edible trays made of spongy off-white material

in the second dream i was carefully inspecting the state of my teeth. from the front everything looked decent. but within that dream i could also inspect my teeth from the back as if i my vision was in my own mouth. from the back one of my premolars looked really bad, blackened and all rotten. but within a dream i remembered that i inspected my teeth just recently and saw nothing of the kind so i called bullshit on that dream, woke up, and fell asleep again.

dreamt me and a friend were flying a bomber plane during the 70s over the heart of africa and we crash-landed in a swampy lake and got out to be met by naked albinos, one of whom was a massive woman lying on a concrete slab, she kept pouring gasoline into her gaping vagina and it emitted a clear blue flame.

you enjoy anal sex with albino bbw's?

• 3 weeks later...

dreamt me and a friend were flying a bomber plane during the 70s over the heart of africa and we crash-landed in a swampy lake and got out to be met by naked albinos, one of whom was a massive woman lying on a concrete slab, she kept pouring gasoline into her gaping vagina and it emitted a clear blue flame.

you enjoy anal sex with albino bbw's?

of course, why the hell wouldn't i?

i never remember my dreams but i remembered two snippets this week

1. dunno what else happened but all i remember is finding out there's a secret extra washing machine between my actual washer/dryer. that's it, there were three machines instead of two, that's it

2. i went to walmart with no shirt on and no one cared until i was almost ready to check out and i apparently forgot to buy a shirt so they said i had to leave but i had groceries and i think the like fast-walk chased me. don't remember how it ended.

Last night I was flying around over the ocean where some artist had done this installation of giant torn out book pages the size of cities, just under the water.

Eventually I was laying on my stomach at the edge of a cliff looking at some more of these book pages down below. I had a girl next to me.

A few times in this dream I was finding the spiked heads of worms in blemishes on my body, what in the dream logic were nematodes, and pulling them out. They would always end up being burrowed at least a foot into my body and I'd feel them being pulled all the way out.

At this point, on the cliff, I realised there was one sticking out of my little toe. I grabbed it and pulled and felt it sliding all the way out of my leg. It took mad effort and as it popped out my whole toe came with it.

I was like "fuck, I just pulled off my little toe" but realised it was fine because we were sitting in a Dr's waiting room. It went through my head that maybe they would decide a severed toe was too much and I would have to go to a Hospital instead, and was dreading this being a long and effort filled thing.

I realised my feet were completely coated in mud and filth so I went to the bathroom and considered rinsing my feet under the urinal flushing mechanism. My female companion pointed out there was a shower right in the ceiling of the bathroom so I rinsed off there....and discovered by toe wasn't missing.

I was still holding the severed toe, and when I compared I realised it was an exact match of my big toe, not the little one. Big toe was still there though.

We went back to the waiting room and started watching the TVs in there, at which point the things we were watching became the rest of the dream. Something about emojis I can't remember.

Had a dream early this morning that the entire outdoor area surrounding my work building was flooded, including the parking lot. Granted there's already a massive puddle given that the parking lot is trenched down the center coupled with melting snow, but nowhere close to the flooding in Nebraska as of late.

I guess it could be attributed to my deep-seeded fear of long-term climate change.

• 2 weeks later...

Dreamt something last night having to do with Sherlock Holmes and Watson, and using my finger to put honey in a glass bottle. I woke up without remembering a lot of other details.

Two nights ago, I was dreaming I was in my car, and some kind of insect with tentacles was crawling on my face (which stung a little), then flew out the window.

• 1 month later...

so, every now and then, when i remember my dreams, i remember specific places, but like really enormous areas which are in fact places that really exist, but in the dream they're different than irl... when i wake up, the more i think about them, the more covered area i recollect... it's pretty cool but weird and unsettling at the same time... sometimes, when i'm awake and i remember those places, it feels like it's deja vu, i can't tell if i really dreamt those places before or if it was the first time... ?

In my dream I was on a beach with the surf making tiny pools as it rolled in and out, there was a large grey wall to my right close to the shore. Above the wall were giant spider-like creatures jumping off, non-threatening. There was an entrance into the wall and a staircase.  The wall had long horizontal windows on top overseeing the ocean. Inside was a row of workers wearing white sleeveless t-shirts, they looked Asian and they were there maintaining some kind of mechanism. I could see the sweat on them. When I looked in, they stared back at me. Then I woke up.

I just ordered some Huperzine A. Going to see if it will increase my dream recall/vividness.

Edited by viscosity

I've been writing my dreams down since summer 2015 but none of them are really all that interesting since they involve mundane life and close friends but even before the Notre Dame fire, I had dreamt about a fire at a cathedral once in 2018 and twice this year.

kept a dream diary as a teenager thinking yeah these ideas will come in handy one day (twat), 20yrs later the most horrific one of all manifested irl

spacer.png

Dreams & deja-vu are proper weird. One of the London bridge attack survivors cited a dream premonition the night b4 the slaughter & deja reve (scuse the missing accents) is common among epileptics. Life is strange but dreams are wtf, wish they were as common as Planxty's worldview but more often they're distilled Dada

I was in a basement with the vibe of small dead animals everywhere.  There was a fat mouse still alive, with this gross birth-sack attached to it, which was leaking viscous fluid onto the concrete floor.  All its offspring were dead inside the birth-sack.  I felt that i needed to save it somehow, but the dream perspective was a passive observational role.  Lots of gross dead animal dreams lately.  :catbleed:

just woke up from the longest dream about a watmm meetup in california. roughly 30-40 people were there, a few long time members having rented some sort of large, teal container with bunk beds, over the weekend, and there was a party every night. i remember realizing that every single one of you lot had a massive dose of ADHD. my gf came along and surprisingly enough had a good time. there was an SUV there we drove into the mountains during the day and just chilled. 

the final night there was a vampire themed party. the lights were out and everything was wrapped in plastic so as not to be stained with fake blood. the whole place was also wet and smeared with vaseline, with lots of grown men with vampire teeth running in the dark. somebody actually ate a raw animal. in hindsight i think it was roadkill. throughout the entire dream there was no music nor music discussion at all. i thought that bit in particular was pretty funny. i also remember being scared of not knowing enough about autechre to be able to speak up and fit in. most of you took good care of me though, especially auxien, who was a real standup dude. at least i think that's who it was

the other day (tuesday night/wednesday mawnin) i dreamed i was in a plane. and somehow i knew this plane was going to crash. and suddenly it started to go down. and i thought "i gotta call my parents and tell them i'm going to die. but what do i say? hello: i'm dying folks?" i was thinking to what to say, and seeing the ocean coming closer and closer and everyone was panicking. i looked at my wife and she looked dead. she was calm and it made me more aware that i was for sure going to die. i then realized "how exactly am i going to call my folks?" 

that chaos, that confusion- it juggled my brain to another dream i had-

and suddenly i was in this compound. it was large and horseshoe shaped. i went in one room and there was there were all these girls and this one guy who was super drunk. i sat at the far end of the chair nearest to a very large screen tv. the drunk guy came right next to me and he was trying to tell me something but just drooling on me. the girls watched and i felt (or thought) that we were gay. it made me so uncomfortable that i immediately- somehow- lurched myself to one of these girls and started making out with her. the slobbering guy came really close and the hole time was slobbering while we made out. the other girls seemed disgusted with me more than him which confused and irritated me. 

i woke up not long after that episode

i women like cult leader or something got me under her spell and i was like i can't move and have to do everything she says but rapidly i realized that it wasn't real and i should definitely be dreaming so i suddenly woke up...

every time my dreams get really wild i realize i'm dreaming, sometimes i wake up. sometimes i keep dreaming and start lucid dreaming cause i can control some stuff...

but lately most of my dreams are so irl that i wake up tired, i mean, i go to sleep and i dream that i'm at work or doing normal everyday stuff so going to sleep doesn't relax me at all...it's been like this since i stopped smoking weed... shit...

i was going for a run and ended up on this lawn in front of a restaurant. an Ambo was watering the guardian or somethin but i was really fucking dead from the run and had one of those head throbs you get when all ur electrolytes run away. with some conviction i enquired whether i could have some Ventolin. he smiled and asked whether i had a tightness in my chest or was struggling to breath, no i have a headache i responded. he looked at my like i was a right unit, flashing me the dirtiest look as if inferring i was a junkie trying to spin him a yarn to score. woke up

I woke up and checked the leftover pizza and there was only one slice left in the box. I was furious.

When I actually woke up there was plenty of leftovers. Redemption.

I often have dreams I'm not going to graduate highschool because I'm failing one class, that I just stopped caring about.

It probably means something. 

1 hour ago, yekker said:

I often have dreams I'm not going to graduate highschool because I'm failing one class, that I just stopped caring about.

It probably means something. 

shit i've been having uni dreams aswell, that rope in the neck feeling that i'm not gonna make it...

Was with my girlfriend eating Fruit Loops with soy milk out of a mesh waste basket. Somehow it held the liquid even with all the holes. We ate about half of it and there was just milk left. I started scooping those Reese's Pieces liners and questioned how sanitary it was. She then dunked her entire arm in it.

Had another dream about someone's family photo, except everyone had the face of a Pterodactyl.