IGNORED

Share your dreams

Guest happycase

Had a dream a few nights ago where I thought it would be hilarious to legally change my name to Kafka.  Upon waking and continuing to exist for another few days I still find the idea hilarious.

Had a dream last night one of my best friends from when I was at school  threw himself off the top of a skyscraper and killed himself. I watched him do it and couldn’t stop him. And as I peered over the ledge we both looked into each other’s eyes as he was plunging to his death. Intense.

dreamt me and a friend broke into a large mansion of a beautiful woman but when we finally got a glimpse of her we became afraid and try to leave but end up getting lost in a maze of weird, elaborate rooms.

One specific thing that stuck till after I awoke was a black and white floor (chess board style) appearing from beneath a long sofa and sliding across the massive room until concealed again under another sofa.

I had been watching Kubrick film analysis videos on the evening prior to this dream so yeah, the rooms were like exaggerated versions of those in the Overlook Hotel mixed with the room at the end of 2001.

It's rare for me that something so fresh in memory gets expanded upon in dreams, wish I could do that every night, totally awesome dream with just the right balance of creepy and exciting!

I had a dream I was in some kind of a party in a big mansion. I was at the balcony with some lady and we were looking at a pond in the garden. She said there is a man lying in the bottom of the pond and so I looked and there was a man's body below the green water. We figured that it must be some kind of a prank and laughed about it. Then the man in the pond opened his eyes and we laughed more thinking that we got him busted. Then the man turned his gaze to us, opened his eyes wide and made a huge grinning face and started to laugh. I started to get scared and we shouted to other people to come look at him. When we turned back the man was gone and we started to hear horrified screaming from inside the house. Then I woke up in a cold sweat. ?

• 1 month later...

I found myself in the corner of a huge building stacked with various items related to horses. At this point I somehow already knew that I had succeeded in teleporting myself to Japan and was amused that I had reemerged in such an odd spot as a stuffy corner of some storage room at a stud farm. I managed to clamber over some large unidentified but cumbersome objects and sneak out a crack in the wall, all the while wondering how it was daytime here while it (apparently) still was daytime when I teleported from home. All the while very amused and pleased with myself at having done so. Another prominent feeling is that the place is very quiet, devoid of life, it feels like early morning. 

Outside now and three horses are now coming at me from further down the dirt road I'm standing on, I narrowly avoiding being rammed by a beautiful white unicorn looking one by jumping up over a fence into a field. Along the field I now spot the first signs of people; groups of young maidens, singing and joking as they walk along the edge of the field towards what looks like the barns and buildings of the main area of the farm. 

I'm now down at the main area and there's a hubbub of activity, one dark haired young woman grabs me by the hand and whispers in my ear "all free time should be spent on romantic endeavors" or something to that effect and we go into an office type room and start making out.  

• 2 weeks later...

Last night, two guys throwing Molotov cocktails at parked cars. They see me and one of them tosses one at me.. It hits my leg and I can't put out the flames and then I wake up. Other stuff happened too but this bit was most intense.

1 hour ago, yekker said:

Last night, two guys throwing Molotov cocktails at parked cars. They see me and one of them tosses one at me.. It hits my leg and I can't put out the flames and then I wake up. Other stuff happened too but this bit was most intense.

Sounds like threesome ?

• Sad 1

• 4 months later...

i had a dream last night that’s stuck with me all day (i almost never remember my dreams). 

it was the future…an unknown companion & i were in an enclosed space. the room was like a cavern & was very, very tall: from above & all around streamed down growths like dead vines or seaweed. these reached down from some vast height, barely any light was there but some amount came through these high streaming growths allowing me to see. the growths were strong enough to grab & lift myself up with but even then we couldn’t see how high up they were. i noticed a curve to the length of the growths that neared the ground below (artificial). we searched the edges of the space & realized it was circular…upon walking & looking up grasping the vastness we came upon thin metallic stairs that followed the curve of the growths ends & lead upwards far past their toe but above we could see. we walked up & slowly rose in the space with the trailing growths just at our shoulders & heads the entire way….the stairs spiraled upwards & inwards quickly. below we could see almost nothing, just blackness that we were standing on before. as the spiral tightened more & the angle of ascent became much more aggressive we began to have to hold onto these growths. we slowly saw there was more light behind them & the growths higher felt stronger & wetter, younger. a voice of my companion (up to now silent), or some other voice, began speaking words i didn’t understand but told me this spiral was infinite, as the growths enclosed & the stairs much farther from one to the next we had to grab & hoist ourselves upwards… we started to grab not just hanging growths but the growths’ roots with the spiral not much larger than our bodies & we staggered ourselves, i was higher seeing my companion below with light reflected down onto their lifeless unknown face. the climbing was almost entirely by hand only now, only occasionally touching another stair step which seemed to be tied into the structure itself, not on railings as i remembered before. we both began to shrink slowly as we climbed higher, the growths knotted roots/trunks tangled in the structure’s spiraled cone infinitely rising. i don’t remember reaching the top necessarily but i remember being with the companion near a bright light above holding ourselves against a wall our fingers tight in the growths knotted roots, standing on a step. the companion spoke to me directly now in a soft distant voice saying nothing i can remember or maybe even understood as we looked at the details of the knotting & growths flooded with some light, very bright but still infinitely far above. the light obscured what was above, tho i could still see the knotted surface curving above just past nearest to me. but above just light.

Edited by auxien

• 2 weeks later...

autechre dream! It was me and my brother seeing Sean play in some small residential garden setting. Small crowd. A large focus was on how my brother was reacting, since he's always been quite averse to the 'techre. I was pleased he had come along with me to this, Sean's garden party improv, and was really hoping he would enjoy it. As Sean revved things and blew life into the crowd, people started becoming rowdy and suddenly Sean (now with huge glowing white sunglasses on and some kind of multicoloured morphing t-shirt) was in the crowd, berating someone for talking too loudly, which I thought was kind of cool but so out of character for him. My brother seemed to be enjoying it and Sean was back grooving all was good. The weirdness in music was increasing and in line with that, the crowd seem to becoming odder, older and quite ominous. Now Rob had showed up, seemingly to pick up Sean, and as the crowd dispersed Rob homed in on me and in his subdued way let me know that him and Sean wanted me and my brother to show them a night on the town. I become very nervous and excited all at the same time. Where the hell should I take them? I don't know any places or people really, I never go out on the town myself. It all seems hopeless. We end up roaming around awkwardly, me trying to big up some local beer we're forlornly sipping on and Sean is looking through my brothers phone music collection giggling that there's Smash Mouth on there. 

• 6 months later...
On 6/10/2022 at 4:04 AM, zkom said:

I had a dream I was in some kind of a party in a big mansion. I was at the balcony with some lady and we were looking at a pond in the garden. She said there is a man lying in the bottom of the pond and so I looked and there was a man's body below the green water. We figured that it must be some kind of a prank and laughed about it. Then the man in the pond opened his eyes and we laughed more thinking that we got him busted. Then the man turned his gaze to us, opened his eyes wide and made a huge grinning face and started to laugh. I started to get scared and we shouted to other people to come look at him. When we turned back the man was gone and we started to hear horrified screaming from inside the house. Then I woke up in a cold sweat. ?

:wtf: 

a few more paragraphs and this would fit in nicely with a gothic short story collection

Edited by luke viia

• 3 weeks later...

I had a recurring dream yesterday.

There is a huge black thick hair in my mouth, it bothers me the whole dream and grows out the middle of my tongue.

I try to rip it out with both hands as it grows but it feels like its part of my tongue and it HURTS like hell when i yank it.

I have it very often, i dont think its pubes or a spider i ate while sleep

What does it mean ? 

4 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

I had a recurring dream yesterday.

There is a huge black thick hair in my mouth, it bothers me the whole dream and grows out the middle of my tongue.

I try to rip it out with both hands as it grows but it feels like its part of my tongue and it HURTS like hell when i yank it.

I have it very often, i dont think its pubes or a spider i ate while sleep

What does it mean ? 

That dream would go well with mine that I’ve had where I’m puking out alive insects or the one where my teeth are falling out and I’m spitting them everywhere. 

Edited by YEK

One of the most unsettling dreams I've ever had was about some kind of worms that had burrowed into my skin. The part that stuck in my memory was I looked down at my arm and I could see like a shadow of the things moving around under the skin, not bumps but just shadows of them moving. 

The most recurring dream I have is some variation of being in a hurry to try to get somewhere, usually I have to catch a plane or a ferry or something, and I spend the entire dream trying to get there. But I encounter all kinds of stressful obstacles along the way and never make it to the destination before I wake up. Or it's just a general sense of needing to get somewhere that always pervades whatever else is happening in a dream.

I don't remember my dreams very often but they're usually stressful. I can't remember the last time I had a pleasant dream tbh

Edited by toaoaoad
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

One of the most unsettling dreams I've ever had was about some kind of worms that had burrowed into my skin. The part that stuck in my memory was I looked down at my arm and I could see like a shadow of the things moving around under the skin, not bumps but just shadows of them moving. 

The most recurring dream I have is some variation of being in a hurry to try to get somewhere, usually I have to catch a plane or a ferry or something, and I spend the entire dream trying to get there. But I encounter all kinds of stressful obstacles along the way and never make it to the destination before I wake up. Or it's just a general sense of needing to get somewhere that always pervades whatever else is happening in a dream.

I don't remember my dreams very often but they're usually stressful. I can't remember the last time I had a pleasant dream tbh

Lol you just made me realsise all my recent dreams have had some form of escaping danger.

My latest dream consisted of me escaping zombie type thing and then i remember looking at a bird nest with dead baby birds and a mother bird trying to eat a rat. And then out of nowhere there came a woman trying to blind me by blowing air into my face with a bike pump type device. And then my parents laughing at me when i told them what happened.

Wtf does freud have to say about that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, toaoaoad said:

Oh yeah i have the " in a hurry to get somewhere and encounter stressful obstacles and never make it" dream also very much.

Also just like YEK dreams where i'm spitting chunks of teeth everwhere 

yo @Ivan Ooze if you have that dream again maybe (if you're lucid enough) try cutting the hair instead of pulling on it?? that sounds horrible ?

On 7/13/2023 at 2:36 AM, Wunderbar said:

Lol you just made me realsise all my recent dreams have had some form of escaping danger.

My latest dream consisted of me escaping zombie type thing and then i remember looking at a bird nest with dead baby birds and a mother bird trying to eat a rat. And then out of nowhere there came a woman trying to blind me by blowing air into my face with a bike pump type device. And then my parents laughing at me when i told them what happened.

Wtf does freud have to say about that?

mommy issues my dude

851px-Sigmund_Freud_LIFE.jpg?20141101062

I've been having more intense/vivid/symbolic dreams over the last 9 months than I've ever had in my life, even as a kid. it's messing with my mind. don't quit smoking weed unless you wanna turn into Randolph Carter, kids

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, luke viia said:

yo @Ivan Ooze if you have that dream again maybe (if you're lucid enough) try cutting the hair instead of pulling on it?? that sounds horrible ?

Yea i tried to do it in the dreams ? but when i squeeze the sissor blades it hurts, the hair feels like it's part of my tongue

• Sad 1

Had a drawn out and problem infested day at work yesterday, it one of those days where the first curveball of the day arrives early actin like a bad omen that seems to attract more as the day goes on. So when I finally got home, the stresses had followed me there and I was strung out and tetchy, a state when I´m in I know I shouldn´t get high but found a half roach in cig packet and smoked it anyway, almost in a self sabotaging "fuckit this day cant get worse" way. This wasn´t so bad, but didn´t exactly alleviate any stress and just left me somewhat despondent and restless.

Since by this time it had gotten to be early evening, around 7, I decided fuck this day, took some ashwagandha ate a banana and crawled defeated under the duvet. Still too wired for sleep I start with defeatist thoughts of inadequacy in every aspect my self sabotage mode mind can come up with, so i just lay there wallowing and reeling for some time until i turn my mind to thoughts of a friend who had lately been cropping up in dreams.

He was an old friend, from childhood, my best friend at the time and a very reliable sort, old beyond his years and impatient to grow out of childhood. I noticed that just thinking about that had relaxed me and slowed my breathing enough to use it to start an imaginary scenario in which he, through our recent "dream correspondence" had now come to my rescue and had brought me to a secluded wooden house in the middle of a forest on a rainy afternoon where I was laying on a bed while he silently stacked a fire. Once in a while he would gently put a reassuring hand on my shoulder and tell me that "we had a month here, so no rush". Heeding his words I kept the idea of unlimited and perfect tranquility alive with a few recurring themes; my friend moving slowly around, tending me and stoking the fire while i fell in and out of sleep and always waking to the sound of rain all around outside, the notion of endless time for recuperation and luxurious comfort. Soon I was (irl) sleeping like a log. 

I awoke around 3 hours later like I´d been on some massive and important adventure, the main portion of which was obscured and only the aftermath was recalled: being on a beach just before dark and recovering my (orange) minidisc player and discovering a very special tune on it, like a pearl found within a clam. 

i proceeded to the bathroom to pee and I felt fantastic in every way, limber and ready for a fuckin marathon!

This was one of the greatest sleep experiences I´ve had, even though i couldn´t even remember the main part of the dream, its sheer force was buzzing within for hours after. I had the feeling that it was the kind of dream that, had I not "fortified" myself with the initial pre sleep scenario, I would have woken up much sooner due to the sheer intensity of it (whatever it was) that took place on or around that dusky, seaweed infested beach. 

• Like 1

a very small detail in one of my dreams recently: there was a coin-operated elevator. despite the dream also involving sexually ambiguous visions and a cement basement riddled with cat-sized insects that could speak a strange language, the idea of an elevator that charged an exorbitant amount of exact change per ride really got to me

• Like 1

I remember having these dreams when i was younger of floating geometric shapes just in space or of me being in a room with very large forms and me being really small or them being feeling really far away but feeling really close.

But as of late i can only remember dreaming of me being in really weird real life scenarios like i described above.

Makes me sad i feel like i lost something idk if its because im overall more stressed out and not getting in that deeper sleep trance or what.

Anyone else notice a shift like this ?

this is an old dream from around 2k22 but I think it belongs here instead of the "pointless thoughts" thread...

something really Cronenberg...

I found a kind of purple plant made of something like gelatine/rubber with tentacles that when I touch them each one of them played a tone... so I entertained myself playing weird melodies which I thought to myself that sounded like afx cause they're not on a tempered scale or were microtonal or whatever and I thought that I needed to tell watmm about it... the thing is that everytime I touched the tentacles, they would try to envelope/glue/swallow me so I was kinda afraid of playing to much because I didn't want it to melt with me... but I couldn't resist it so eventually the plant ended up merging with myself crawling up my arms... but what comes next is pretty embarrassing... the gelly plant or whatever developed some kind of genital organs and started talking and got aroused... and I did too... so the plant's belly started to fold inside recalling the form of an hotdog bun or a taco and I really wanted to stick my cock inside it, I was very horny... but the plant kept saying, we can't do this, stop, but I couldn't resist so I placed my cock inside it and told the plant I was gonna come... I whispered a countdown in her ear, 3, 2, 1, and then I woke up, with a boner... what's wrong with me...

On 6/4/2022 at 12:57 AM, logakght said:

Dreamt I was on acid and even in my dream time diluted

u don't need to dream that you're on acid in order to get time diluted in dreams... ??

Edited by cruising for burgers
  • Like 1