IGNORED

Your favorite Covers

posture

19 minutes ago, randomsummer said:

Remember when this was shown on MTV? Pepperidge farm remembers. Life may not have been better back then but it was certainly more interesting.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 10:28 AM, hoggy said:

Queen Adreena - Jolene

Holy shit... I never thought I would see Queen Adreena (or anything Daisy Chainsaw related) on this board. 

Spoiler

I have an OG daisy chainsaw T-shirt btw

• Like 2

2 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Holy shit... I never thought I would see Queen Adreena (or anything Daisy Chainsaw related) on this board. 

Reveal hidden contents

I have an OG daisy chainsaw T-shirt btw

One of my three top favourites! They were amazing live too! A friend of mine told me Katie Jane Garside was doing heroin at the time, which I never suspected

• Like 2

On 5/22/2023 at 7:28 PM, hoggy said:

Queen Adreena - Jolene

With due respect, if we're covering Jolene, nothing beats the Sisters of Mercy

2 hours ago, Limo said:

With due respect, if we're covering Jolene, nothing beats the Sisters of Mercy

It's just different - I personally prefer the rawness and uncontrolled feeling with Queen Adreena, and the richness of sound textures, but I'd dance to the Sisters one at a goth club, why not, I like the over the top vocals at the end. I prefer the dynamics with Queen Adreena also though. But different strokes, you know

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, Pirtek said:

Nice!

It's a great cover, but I feel like the timbres of the instruments are super important for the emotion/vibe of aphex tracks, so I always find it a bit jarring when covers draw mainly on the melodic/rhythmic content - not that it's a bad cover at all, and if he worked it into a live set I'm sure I'd dance to it

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Summon Dot E X E said:

lovely voice

I knew this version before I ever heard the original. This is quite a bit better, isn't it :duckhunt:

On that note I think most of the covers I like are ones where I didn't know the original. A good cover of a song I already know and love is pretty hard to achieve.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

These two immediately came to mind. The Alva Noto one belongs to my most favorite pieces of music altogether. It's magic. Love the original too. Funny that the first response to this thread was also about "A Forest".

Bush... but this cover is great. 

29 minutes ago, IDEM said:

These two immediately came to mind. The Alva Noto one belongs to my most favorite pieces of music altogether. It's magic. Love the original too. Funny that the first response to this thread was also about "A Forest".

Fantastic cover. It was played at the Barbican gig back in April.

On 5/30/2023 at 1:09 PM, ignatius said:

Devo ❤️ One of the first records I bought when I started exploring and getting obsessed with music.  I always thought Gerald Casale looked like John Ritter, so they got bonus points. Kinda like how Fred Schneider from the B-52's reminds me of Kenneth Williams.

53 minutes ago, IDEM said:

TBH Anyone but James Hetfield singing Nothing Else Matters immediately improves it. It's not even Dave Gahan at his most David Gahan-iest ?

• Like 1