IGNORED

IDM vs BRAINDANCE

Guest Fatcaesar

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fatcaesar
Yeah, but it's not a headterm of you know what I mean. The headterm would be electronic music and then there's a desert of subterms. A car is a car, but it's not vitally important to say if it's a something something car. Horrible example come to think of it.

It's music - that's pretty much it.

I get it, i often say electronic music to people, but for myself it's important cause it makes my hobby a whole lot easier

classify music as such - music you have heard and music you have not heard. Within the subset of music you have heard, you introduce two further subsets which are good and not good (or like/dislike if you prefer). That's all you need.

Venn diagrams could be useful in this exercise.

Guest Fatcaesar

and what are venn diagrams? i mean i often support non characteristic terms since everything is unique.. same with music, but then the issue for me is that it's hard working with it, i'm guessing i'm not alone on watmm to have music as a passion so and genres really help even though i never think of terms when i listen.. i enjoy the emotions they stir up inside of me

This pretty much answered my own question but still the debate on whether to call it IDM or not has been quite big, no one can say against that

I've read the rules.. so what the fuck is up? seriously i really don't get all the anger

anybody who is new and doesn't keep really under the radar here gets treated like shit at first. it's like a trial by fire, it will go away soon.

Guest Fatcaesar

I've read the rules.. so what the fuck is up? seriously i really don't get all the anger

anybody who is new and doesn't keep really under the radar here gets treated like shit at first. it's like a trial by fire, it will go away soon.

Yea i get that now :) It's all good, kinda shows people's personality a bit, it's good to know for the future

and what are venn diagrams?

So tempted to say google it. However, since I'm killing time at work.

Music snob venn diagram:

music_snob_venn_diagram.jpg

and the best venn diagram ever:

venn_thumb7.jpg

Oh and in the large scheme of things, the argument over whether to call this IDM or Braindance has a significance of like 1 to the power of negative 32

When I use or read the term IDM I think of it as just that, IDM. I don't think of the definition or intelligence or anything, it's just a meaningless acronym used to describe a certain style of electronic music. IDM is just is

Guest Fatcaesar

When I use or read the term IDM I think of it as just that, IDM. I don't think of the definition or intelligence or anything, it's just a meaningless acronym used to describe a certain style of electronic music. IDM is just is

Same for me, though it still means Intelligent which is why i started the topic

When I use or read the term IDM I think of it as just that, IDM. I don't think of the definition or intelligence or anything

Indeed. It's like IBM I don't care what it stands for it means "that company, they make computers and shit".

Guest Backson

i say "glitch" or "warp stuff" when talkin to people.

correct me WARTEEM, i dare you.

Thats a lie because they only thing you talk about is clark and jackson

clever boy, you have learnt well.

Fatcaeser, soon you'll learn that watmm is packed full of IDM-apologists, who let their fear of intellectual elitism dominate them. They believe that it is immoral to prefer IDM to pop music because it means that you think you're better than the rest of the world.

and what are venn diagrams?

So tempted to say google it. However, since I'm killing time at work.

Music snob venn diagram:

music_snob_venn_diagram.jpg

and the best venn diagram ever:

venn_thumb7.jpg

Oh and in the large scheme of things, the argument over whether to call this IDM or Braindance has a significance of like 1 to the power of negative 32

funny-graphs-wu-tang-fuck-with.gif?w=497

Archived