IGNORED

Bioshock Infinite

Rubin Farr

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

We already had this conversation in full before in the what video games are you playing thread and I don't see the point in having it again. You said the exact same thing at the beginning of that discussion about graphics cards being as much as consoles and I said I spent 80 dollars on special at best buy a year ago on my 8600GT that smokes the fucking shit out of current consoles no doubt. I also said that you can build a 500 dollar machine that would rape my current machine which already rapes the bungholes out of consoles right now. I also said that yes PC gaming is not for the lazy, its for those who are willing to put in a little extra for a better experience. I wasn't making any console vs. pc war cry with my statement in this thread I was merely dropping facts so people would understand that they aren't going to see some major leap in graphics on current generation consoles now.

EDIT:me tired type badly

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i can't stand people who post in threads that they know nothing about the subject matter, and they don't care. they just come in to troll. how fucking bored are you?

i play games, and i didn't like the art direction. Steampunk is fine by me, but the textures looked so clean. But whatever,we'll see what happens closer to release (for the PC, fuk the consoles for something FPS).

I really wish I could play Halo Reach on a PC with better frame rates and a mouse and keyboard. At least wish it felt as smooth as Call of Duty 2, Modern Warefare and Modern Warefare 2 do on a 360 controller with good frame rates. Infinity Ward definitely did an amazing job of making FPSs feel good on consoles but still leaves me wish I could be multitasking as quickly and easily as an MKB on teh PCs. But Reach looks even more fun than the beta which was a blast so I guess it will be worth it to jetpack halo frag sweep snipe some newbs

I really wish I could play Halo Reach on a PC with better frame rates and a mouse and keyboard. At least wish it felt as smooth as Call of Duty 2, Modern Warefare and Modern Warefare 2 do on a 360 controller with good frame rates. Infinity Ward definitely did an amazing job of making FPSs feel good on consoles but still leaves me wish I could be multitasking as quickly and easily as an MKB on teh PCs. But Reach looks even more fun than the beta which was a blast so I guess it will be worth it to jetpack halo frag sweep snipe some newbs

Don't they have some sort of mouse/keyboard thingy for the 360? I've seen one for the PS3 at the store - personally I wouldn't want to try it myself, but if you ache for that kind of control scheme on a console...

I really wish it was even close to that easy because: There is no doubt some really great console exclusives (again I have no confusion why consoles make so much more money these days for the most part) and some of these exclusive multiplayer shooters can be extremely entertaining and fun I'm denying that at all. But for the reasons mentioned below:they often to me can feel really disappointing because of in my opinion the sacrificing a significant amount of quality feel for convenience to the mass market.

Most FPS's on consoles rarely hit hit solid 30 frames per second consistently and rarely make their thumbstick calibration system control perfect. (which is why I Call Of Duty series shines to me as the greatest feeling FPS's with a console controller by a looong shot, its incredibly rare than consoles FPSs are that optimized) There's no mouse and keyboard support on 360 you have to get third party peripherals that emulate a thumstick etc.. Why because solid real deal mouse and keyboard is muuch more effective, efficient and quicker than a console controller for FPS's no doubt. One of the only times we have seen the two be able to face off for real was in Shadowrun(which they kept frame rates high and came close to producing as good of controls as COD easily in the top 5 best feeling FPSs on a console I've seen and even then to balance it they had to put soooooooooo fucking much auto aim on the controller and absolutely zilch none on PC MKB) I guess you can use a mouse and keyboard on unreal tournament 3 on Ps3 I don't know much about it though, I think they segregated players by controls or gave you the option to keep em separated. Playing a game as fast paced as UT3 with a controller is completely absurd and nothing like having 60+ FPS with a MKB.

After you get really used to a 21inch CRT monitor with no latency unlike the minimal but feel-able delay on even a lot of new sub luxury HDTVs. When you have 80+ frames per second, 16x anti aliasing, beautiful detailed textures (because you actually have gigs of ram not 512mb's like PS3 and 360) with a really comfortable keyboard and an extremely accurate mouse... multiplayer shooter console games tend to leave you wishing for all that you had when you were using your PC.

..... Only reason I typed all that out after saying I don't really care to explain my currently unpopular opinion again pointless is I am doing anything to stay awake to make sure don't sleep the day through. Gotta bunch of shit to do in a few hours

Unfortunately I have no idea. Google image search but I don't remember what I was searching for. I've got so many folders filled with google images and I always give them shitty names so I can't backwards search later. :shrug:

I'm listening to the podcast anyway - the sound-section annoys me a little ... the sound design in the trailer IS good, it's just how they keep acting like they're re-inventing the wheel. The whispers representing the telekinesis, the rush-noise being interrupted by absolute silence, it's not as uncommon as they make it sound, in fact it's all pretty standard ... - not done listening yet.

Where is your avatar from Terpentintollwut? I love it.

Unfortunately I have no idea. Google image search but I don't remember what I was searching for. I've got so many folders filled with google images and I always give them shitty names so I can't backwards search later. :shrug:

Freud's Perverse Polymorph (Bulgarian Child Eating a Rat) by Salvador Dalí

http://eu.art.com/products/p13023759-sa-i2267492/posters.htm

Dalí made this? LOL.

"In his autobiography, Dali wrote of flinging another little boy off a suspension bridge when he was just five years old, and that same year watching a dying bat being eaten by ants (one source says the bat was his pet). He put it in his mouth, ants and all, and bit it almost in half. Ants showed up in his artwork for the rest of his life."

lol

• 4 weeks later...

The fuck? Most definitely not a rail shooter..the demo is just really smooth.

i dunno, I agree it looks very on rails. And too many scripted events. But so was bioshock. The limitation of working with Unreal; hard to make a big sprawling sandbox style game with it.

Looks awesome, but if the player character says stupid action movie-type shit the whole game, we're going to have a problem.

agree, he shouldn't be doing that. at least not so often, or with a different voice/script. I find main characters are easier to like when they're not characterized too much. Leaves room for imagination which you are naturally going to fill with the stuff you find cool or fitting (or maybe shitty, if you dislike the game or the mechanics to begin with). Also it makes you feel more like "this is me right there". But I also find it a bit irritating in "conversations" when your main character is mute throughout the entire game. It's harder to have sympathy for someone who is characterized more, unless you personally like that specific character. Then you want to play the game the way the character on screen would do it, and behave the way you imagine he would. (like I did with Abe in Abe's Oddysee for example, the game speech system gave great opportunities for this) Which is a concept somewhat incompatible with a first person shooter. Pretty much all of the Resident Evil characters can fuck right off in terms of sympathy, I only want them to survive to make some progress in the game. Actually, I often let them die just to see the animation, which is something that isn't satisfying in an fps, cause it just feels like you are falling down the pit, not your character. I'd never have purposely killed the main character in Shadow of the Colossus, or his horse, since they were just so likable. He does have a voice, but it still leaves room for imagination.

Speaking of horses - picking up a horse and hurling it back at you, oh my lol. I understand why you would say rail shooter after seeing that footage, I hope it's not like that (at least not all the time). But we're gonna have to wait and see for ourselves. I have no problem with scripted events to make the game more cinematic as long as they're not the ONLY thing going on. I like how the citizens aren't attacking you right away.

Graphics don't look quite as good as the trailer, but still good. I hope they're still working on the sound, some of it wasn't so great. Some other parts were totally cool however, like the noise of the first crashing thing.

Still think it will only come out 2012? When they're releasing this much gameplay footage already, I imagine it could be a little earlier than that.

Archived