IGNORED

Fave µ-Ziq Album?

YEK

Guest endangered betche

Inexplicably, I'm going to have to say Bilious Paths, just because it's his most consistent.

:blink:

I like individual tracks from all his albums, but Bilious Paths is a unified whole ... somehow.

Guest dannniel
Inexplicably, I'm going to have to say Bilious Paths, just because it's his most consistent.

:blink:

I like individual tracks from all his albums, but Bilious Paths is a unified whole ... somehow.

i think i'd agree

Guest ceRadoM

Toss up between "Tango'n'Vectif" and "In Pine Effect" ( the most underrated and varied release he ever put out imo). I used to obssess over "In Pine Effect", I bought it along with the 2nd bad vibel eps that came out about the same time. 'Tango;n Vectof' was one of the first albums i got into that can loosely be termed 'braindance' , id heard the track 'roy castle' off of a trance europe express compilation (No 3) along with a kinesthesia and caustic window track called "cunt". I just had to hear more of it, so next day bought Tango, its such a grower of an album and every tracks flows so well, i miss the simplistic nature and general lo fi nastiness of his beats of this period, and his melodies for me, were strongest around this period, some point around Royal Astronomy it was as if the quirkiness of his other work under the monikers of kid spatula and Gary Moscheles had weened their way into his U-Ziq tag and i found it too cute for its own good. Im still waiting for another "swan vesta" those chords, man, those chords and that lead synth at 1.30, that is just perfection.

Royal Astronomy!!!

No but seriously it's too hard to pick. And I really did like Royal Astronomy. Ziq has a special place in my heart because he was the first proper Rephlex artist I listened to (right after I got into Aphex, I discovered he had a label called Rephlex and I started snatching everything up I could find).

I suppose if forced at Gunpoint I would have to say Bilious Paths, but really it's all good, you can't go wrong with the Mu.

• 2 months later...

Lunatic Harness without a shadow of doubt. he's not done better since, i dont think he ever will. Infact, fuck, i still dont have my own copy of that great album. oh, and full sunken breaks by kid spatula comes in second for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
shaped to make your life easier

ok i lied...i`s

1.tango n vectif 1993 vinyl version...

2.lunatic harness

3.shaped to make your life easier

4.in pine effect or makes a racket

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All I have to say is that there is nothing I HATE. He brings something beatiful to every release.

All I have to say is that there is nothing I HATE. He brings something beatiful to every release.

EDIT: WTF? thats what happens when you press post twice?

Archived