IGNORED

Woodenspoon - Souff Souff (seefeel sideproject)

Boxus

I love this ep, more than most seefeel material. who's with me? souff souff is fucking massive, and jujasm is beautiful and simple percussive satisfaction. and the other two tracks are good as well.

i guess nobody has heard this. seriously guys, i cant find the tracks on youtube but i'm bumping this to strongly recommend that you scrape up a rapidshare link or something and give it a listen. it's a little 1996 idm treasure

Yeah! I remember this EP very well - my roommate in 96 bought it on vinyl and we rinsed the fuck out of it! Been a while since I listened to it though.. should try and track it down again. Thanks for reminding me :)

haven't heard it in years. i remember i didn't know which speed to play it. both 33 and 45 had their charms. or at least, in my memories. (please somebody upload to youtube.)

• 3 years later...

Just emailed Blerp about getting this uploaded for purchase as it is the only Seefeel-related side project I've not heard completely. At the very least the title track was uploaded to Youtube late last year and it is, indeed, excellent! I love Clifford's productions from those days:

Just emailed Blerp about getting this uploaded for purchase as it is the only Seefeel-related side project I've not heard completely. At the very least the title track was uploaded to Youtube late last year and it is, indeed, excellent! I love Clifford's productions from those days:

This is incredible!

Joshuatx if you like Woodenspoon I think you'll also enjoy Mark Clifford's 'Disjecta' side-project from around the same time! Much easier to source out as well:

There was a Disjecta EP released in 2003 that is quite different from the above material: Mark was delving far more into abstracting and recontextualizing the sound of the guitar which ended up having a huge influence on the direction that the 2011 Seefeel album took.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

havent listened to Woodenspoon and Disjecta in about 20 years but decided to revisit today because of the Seefeel peel sesh bringing it up in my mind again. Great stuff.

...was also convinced it was RDJ in 96.

......also makes me a little sad that this stuff is so slept on these days. so many great musicians get forgotten hey.  

lol. I thought this was AFX at the time as well.

Was chatting to mark about this a while ago... Like the Disjecta stuff, this was just another release of tunes he had lying around that didnt really fit into any other project.

Archived