IGNORED

clark

Guest theSun

Guest theSun

the gavel is fucking ace.

just wanted to make a thread about that track.

what's some other non-body riddle clark that is as ace as the gavel?

BBQIMO

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gavel: (Obliterated)?

I'd say Urgent Jell Hack, which never seems to get any love. Also Rob Lee, and Alaska (1998 Tiny Person). Possibly his best period for me. Also love New Year Storm.

Oh, and yeah. The Gavel is ace.

all of etboy. seriously. especially slow spines, that is prolly my fav clark track.

penultimate persian is a killer, and talis is among my favs from totems flare.

Guest Backson

i hate to say, but i heard an interview with him in which he says that ETBOY is his least favourite album of his.

which is sad to hear him say, but I'm in a similar mind because I think his compression trilogy is when he really stepped out of the wood work.

Edit: Personally I love Rainbow Voodoo, but like I said, later Clark is my Clark.

Songs by him that are notable in my head:

The Gavel

Slow Spines

Rob Lee

Proper Lofi, Bricks (Clarence Park is my favorite album, I like every song on it though, just noting Proper Lofi and Bricks as my favorite)

Holy shit, Diesel Raven

Gavel (Obliterated)

Holiday as Brutality

Ted

Violenl

Rainbow Voodoo

Luxman Furs

Totem Crackerjack

Guest Backson

His first 2 albums are great as is theother stuff, but those first 2 have a slightly darker edge to them

Turning Dragon?

honestly, i didn't think it got much darker than that.

we all know if clark was any good, he would have his own subforum.

I wonder if joyrex has the same opinion on him as he has on snares. which turned out to be quite right as I have been a hardcore snares fan back then and now he does not deliver anymore. so today I am in the same amount a clark fan so lets hope it will not turn out the same as it did with snares and joyrex is wrong this time :emotawesomepm9:

on the other hand its hard to say if the compression can stand the wheel of time even so its totally awesome right now

Guest bitroast

from teh thread title i was expecting a whole bunch of watmmers in uk getting together, cooking some sausages and meats and lsitening to clark. clark bbq watmm meetup!

Guest theSun

from teh thread title i was expecting a whole bunch of watmmers in uk getting together, cooking some sausages and meats and lsitening to clark. clark bbq watmm meetup!

i would do this except not in the uk. i like clark and sausages!

btw listening to clark playing gta smoking some fantastic greens today. unemployment is pretty sick.

I wonder if joyrex has the same opinion on him as he has on snares. which turned out to be quite right as I have been a hardcore snares fan back then and now he does not deliver anymore. so today I am in the same amount a clark fan so lets hope it will not turn out the same as it did with snares and joyrex is wrong this time :emotawesomepm9:

on the other hand its hard to say if the compression can stand the wheel of time even so its totally awesome right now

No, I like Clark's music quite a bit - ETBOY was on heavy rotation in my house when it came out, and Turning Dragon was the only release I felt he faltered a bit. One thing about his music (post ETBOY) is it becomes "forgettable" - by that I mean the initial amazement of the track is there, and then it very quickly wears off and is forgotten, and loses it's appeal, somehow (to me). I might have to fire up a Clark playlist to see if my feelings are the same and I still feel that way towards his post-ETBOY output.

Songs by him that are notable in my head:

The Gavel

Slow Spines

Rob Lee

Proper Lofi, Bricks (Clarence Park is my favorite album, I like every song on it though, just noting Proper Lofi and Bricks as my favorite)

Holy shit, Diesel Raven

Gavel (Obliterated)

Holiday as Brutality

Ted

Violenl

Rainbow Voodoo

Luxman Furs

Totem Crackerjack

Future Daniel

His first 2 albums are great as is theother stuff, but those first 2 have a slightly darker edge to them

Turning Dragon?

honestly, i didn't think it got much darker than that.

I hear what you're saying, but I meant like thes first 2 have a darker colder IDM feel to them, while the new stuff while pretty IDM has a more upbeat dancable sound to it, including Turning Dragon in that even though turning dragon has a dark and very noisy sound. I suppose with this considered I'd consider Body Riddle in the former category. TD is kinda the shift into the more dancable upbeat stuff. Even the Throttle EP's between releases have been much more upbeat than his older sound.

Guest Backson

No, I like Clark's music quite a bit - ETBOY was on heavy rotation in my house when it came out, and Turning Dragon was the only release I felt he faltered a bit. One thing about his music (post ETBOY) is it becomes "forgettable" - by that I mean the initial amazement of the track is there, and then it very quickly wears off and is forgotten, and loses it's appeal, somehow (to me). I might have to fire up a Clark playlist to see if my feelings are the same and I still feel that way towards his post-ETBOY output.

haters gonna hate

While I wasn't around for the release of any of it except Totems Flare, I feel that one is less forgettable for some reason, or maybe I just ate it up.

Archived