IGNORED

Champions League

Guest Gary C

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an awful match.

Messi's 2nd was unreal though.

pretty much. what a pissy pissy match that was. Why do spaniards always go for the throat grab?

Also, Dani Alves is the biggest cheating cunt that plays. He deserves a boot in the gob.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Actually I thought that Barca played some of their best football yet. They were fairly positive in attacking and it wasn't always 100 passes sideways of 2 metres or less. We can take some small consolation in that we made them play at their highest level (not that I think it's the best football in the world).

We played reasonably well for the first 50 minutes, but the defending was terrible on Messi's goal. You'd think they would want to maybe mark one of the best players in the world when he's sat 25 yards off their own goal all by himself. After they scored the second, the third was always on the cards, we had to press to at least tie the match.

I was disappointed in the performances of several players. My stand outs were Park, Giggs, Rooney and Vidic.

None of the ManU players stood out, where was Chicarito? Why wasn't Nani in from the start? They had a good push the first 10-15mins and after that it was pretty much in FCBs control. Some horrid defending on the Messi goal, just standing there and looking at the world's best player getting a good shot off. Good guys won...YAY!

Guest stabilo

I dont know if they are good guys or not... but they are for sure the best right now

xavi, puyol and iniesta have won 3 champions leagues, worldcup and eurocup

when barça plays a great match they make their rival look second division but manchester never looked as bad as madrid when they were trashed 5-0 in november

Good guys won...YAY!

lol. This is a general attitude Barcalona have about themselves "The good guys".

Sorry, but: :facepalm:

I meant more in the way that the team that I support won. And yes they are the best team in the world and have some very very good players.

Guest Gary C

It's clear that Barcelona are the best team in the world at the moment. I think Dropp was pointing out that they are actually very dishonourable. Busquets in particular, as the enforcer, is the dirty deep midfielder and he's guaranteed to dive and get subbed in the last 20 mins of any match they're winning. Dani Alves is also a bit of a cunt.

Then there's the whole thing that Mourinho hinted at and got fined. Barcelona are clearly FIFA's golden team and little goes against them in official complaints.

The thing is - they're actually not that bad - most of the time. They were awful in the first leg against Madrid, but then so were Madrid. I do think Alves is an absolute cunt, and Iniesta and biscuits are not far behind. the funny thing about the final was, when biscuits actually got hit in the face with the ball, he didn't know where to grab when he was rolling around. To be fair though, that was about the only time he did in the match. Barca generally don't resort to that bullshit much, but everyone in the world watched those Clasicos - thus the reputation was established. Watch some of their other matches in La Liga (even though they are almost inevitably boring as fuck) - not much in the way of shenanigans.

The referee got things bang on for the match, there were no major incidents or dodgy decisions, that definitely helped.

Someone asked where Nani was - he hasn't started in any of our recent big matches, his lack of defensive work ethic hinders him. He has improved that aspect of his game, but Valencia was the natural starter. Of course Valencia was fucking useless going forward - his head was never in the game in attacking terms.

Barca did show a lot of class in victory.

1000xk.jpg

1000xi.jpg

Archived