IGNORED

Clark - Tilted Fawn

Redruth

I hate myself.

All the time I'm talking about Clark needs to bring another record and how much I hate him because he's not...

Than there is this great dance event and of course it's sold out and...

Arrr...

me thinks clark is turning a new direction inspired by these projects - stripped down without going back in time

new material should be impressive if it follows the bits we've heard - i for one am anticipating something very special soon

i would agree with most of what you said xxx - although i did enjoy several of the held dancy bits - this type of thing can so easily dip into awkward territory.

i think the turin, aphex, cunningham, flat-e, traffic festival while back is a good example of this being well executed.

darren johnston is quite brilliant.

aphex has had several successes - the recent die antwoord cringe fest not included

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sOWlZGUYPY&feature=related

Guest Backson

oh, come on now xxx

the way you described purformance art is the way 99% of the world would describe experimental music.

keep your mind open.

Guest iamabe

All I know is that I've yet to see a contemporary dance that didn't make me want to beg the whole thing to stop.

That dance friend I spoke of once asked me edit "Cock/Ver 10" to remove the "Come on you cunts" line because she was going to use it to soundtrack a troupe's routine. I did it for her and purposely avoided ever having to see how much that track would get ruined for me.

oh god, dancing to Cock/v10. good call, avoid that.

oh, come on now xxx

the way you described purformance art is the way 99% of the world would describe experimental music.

keep your mind open.

I agree with this but xxx's baneful post made me laugh.

At one of the performances we went to for her in undergrad., there was a chick doing weird hippy moves that involved letting go collections of rice grains she had stashed in her outfit. It was supposed to be a lament on world hunger/food politics issues :wacko::emotawesomepm9:

Fucking hipsters. I mean hippies.

Guest Backson

oh, come on now xxx

keep your mind open.

I agree with this but xxx's baneful post made me laugh.

don't mind me, I'm just the fun police.

me thinks clark is turning a new direction inspired by these projects - stripped down without going back in time

new material should be impressive if it follows the bits we've heard - i for one am anticipating something very special soon

i hope you're right

Guest Backson

xxx, you took that very well

you didn't need to. i wasn't very polite.

i wonder if Bacon Something Something or whatever it is will be on this.

Well... I just went there and it was nice... not amazing but kind of intimate and touching.

On the stage are about twenty boxes. The dancer moves around the boxes in a quite normal way at the beginning, in the end she is getting more confused and tired and does more tricky things with the boxes. All the boxes have quite quiet sound, kind of the Bonus stuff of Totems Flare with some vocals and some noise. It's interesting how the sound shifts and the space develops by redecorating the boxes.

In the middle the light goes off and with a boom the dancer is back half-naked, the sound is on a real soundsystem and a very abstract Clark track with lots of bassdrums kick in. The dancer is moving around very fast. That bit was great!

Then the part with the boxes more confused.

In the end the dancer leaves and a very loud bass frequence is back on the soundsystem kind of that one part in Totems Flare, when everything gets over-compressed by that amazing bass frequency. The frequency stays and echoes out with some mid-reverb. That's it.

For me, it was like a visualisation of me sitting in my room, getting stoned, thinking too much and listening to weird sound. I'm shifting boxes around all the time, memory boxes, thought boxes, feeling boxes, it looks quite normal on the outside, but on the inside a lot is going on. I don't know (I rather don't think so) if that's the idea behind it, but for me it was and it touched me.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

Well... I just went there and it was nice... not amazing but kind of intimate and touching.

On the stage are about twenty boxes. The dancer moves around the boxes in a quite normal way at the beginning, in the end she is getting more confused and tired and does more tricky things with the boxes. All the boxes have quite quiet sound, kind of the Bonus stuff of Totems Flare with some vocals and some noise. It's interesting how the sound shifts and the space develops by redecorating the boxes.

In the middle the light goes off and with a boom the dancer is back half-naked, the sound is on a real soundsystem and a very abstract Clark track with lots of bassdrums kick in. The dancer is moving around very fast. That bit was great!

Then the part with the boxes more confused.

In the end the dancer leaves and a very loud bass frequence is back on the soundsystem kind of that one part in Totems Flare, when everything gets over-compressed by that amazing bass frequency. The frequency stays and echoes out with some mid-reverb. That's it.

For me, it was like a visualisation of me sitting in my room, getting stoned, thinking too much and listening to weird sound. I'm shifting boxes around all the time, memory boxes, thought boxes, feeling boxes, it looks quite normal on the outside, but on the inside a lot is going on. I don't know (I rather don't think so) if that's the idea behind it, but for me it was and it touched me.

wasn't there a youtube video of something like this posted on watmm before?

• 3 months later...
Guest hahathhat

many of clark's songs have... communicated patterns of body movement to me?

move around to the vocals in the first half of volcan veins. that's the clearest example i can think of.... i'd record myself doing it if i weren't a nerdy oaf.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived