IGNORED

OutKast appreciation thread

Rubin Farr

since Big Boi's album dropped, been going back over their catalog. man, some amazing stuff, no one really pushes the boundaries like they do in hip hop sometimes. really looking forward to Andre's solo, hopefully this year, and Big Boi has already confirmed their next group album is in production. plus another movie which hopefully won't suck this time.

Guest ruiagnelo

atliens is one of my biggest hip hop memories. such a great vibe.

along with the pharcyde, de la soul and ATCQ, they are the only hip hop group i can still listen to nowadays.

Guest tht tne

big boi put on a good live show saturday, dj guitarist and horn section and hype man... missed them in '99 at music midtown but did see goodie mob, miss them

• 2 years later...

was a big fan of them in the days, i still like a lot of their songs, stankonia and aquemini are so dope, even with the poo tracks

i got the Atliens album like 10years ago and every fuck/shit/nigga word was cut out of the vocal lines! censored, wtf how is it possible :wacko: ??

i bought it again for 5euro a year ago and luckely it's uncensored, pfffjjjjeeeewww :cat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EU11SggoKo&feature=player_detailpage

absolute beast track :music:

ah man, slick ricks flow & voice where made for this song

Right on. Nobody can flow like Slick Rick. Shit, I'm tempted to start a Slick Rick appreciation thread! But no, I digress. I'll just throw a song here and call myself satisfied. Suuuuuuper smooth shit, almost sounds like old Vibert or something on the beat - Warren G is a phenomenal producer.

[youtubehd]JPd9Il7Ts6A[/youtubehd]

• 8 years later...

That's cool, but those three first albums are pure gold. I need to introduce them to my son, who's probably only heard the hits from stankonia. I failed him there.

• Like 2

i apologize a thousand times

20 hours ago, Silent Member said:

That's cool, but those three first albums are pure gold. I need to introduce them to my son, who's probably only heard the hits from stankonia. I failed him there.

Love Aquemini and ATLiens do much, don't get me wrong. Stankonia is just the album I grew up with, outkast was the first hiphop group I listened to when I was really young

• Like 2

• Rubin Farr changed the title to OutKast appreciation thread