IGNORED

Squarepusher.net updated

Retape

with his newer stuff since ~Hello Everything and definetly JAS I never quite got his new aesthetic, there were to many times where it sounded too cheap. In to the blue is really interesting.

At first it sounds like a usual pop-song and the "guitar-bits" remind me of that trough the entire song. But then the composition as the track progresses reminds me of his recent work and even his older stuff. Then the guitar disctracts the track again, but not too long.

Im mostly like, HOW can he do a track like that? But why even care, I was too young to follow his stuff until Go Plastic, so now (finally) I'm able to follow his output on-time. I just hope his new direction isnt going to be too linear (or maybe I have to listen more carefully.)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Into the Blue is pure pop. With supreme sweet melodies, reminds me a bit of the last prefab sprout. And that is a very good thing! I like it very much, and now with 3 tracks released i am so hyped!

The Production on this is is is... my god.

How can such a poppy track blow my mind? Listened twice now and at first I thought it was pretty good, but damn I must have missed something cause that simple pop track has got a lot of interesting things going on.

Album needs to be here stat!

Archived