IGNORED

Squarepusher - Shobaleader One: d'Demonstrator

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

squarepusher

i personally like everything he's done. all of it is good in some way.

this sounds really good to my ears. he creates his own worlds and lives in them violently!!!!!

he looks like a gribble grabber in interviews though.

This whole Shobaleader name thing is getting really confusing. Are you Squarepusher or are you Shobaleader? If it's a pseudonym, fine, leave Squarepusher out of it then. If not, then WTF?

Anyway this sounds :crazy: but that's what we want, right?

This whole Shobaleader name thing is getting really confusing. Are you Squarepusher or are you Shobaleader? If it's a pseudonym, fine, leave Squarepusher out of it then. If not, then WTF?

Tom Jenkinson = Squarepusher = Shobaleader

OBVIOUS.jpg

I see my image didn't work above.

post-7143-058208900 1283456551_thumb.jpg

Guest disparaissant

ninja is one of the few people in the world that i actually find physically repulsive. looking at him makes me ill. so, so weird.

preview seemed a bit meh. hope there's more to it than just that.

I think that video is pretty badass! Totally digging LED Head. At first was unsure about the track, but after a few listens I like it! I hoping this release will at least bring Squarepusher back into my rotation.

Guest analogue wings

does anyone else think raving on heroin would be completely shit?

does anyone else think that maybe "d'emonstrator" is just the title of the preview video and some mong at bleep just copy/pasted it as the album name?

Guest Backson

i don't know any squarepusher, and I thought the S1 release on Ed Banger was alrightish

but this sounds AWESOME! Fuck yes, robot mask, hair metal bass solo, organs... fantastic.

Guest AcrossCanyons

does anybody know if this is actually released under squarepusher or if it'll be tagged shobaleader one? what I gathered is that it's obviously "presented" by squarepusher but shobaleader one is the "band" name (wether the band is real or not is another question entirely).

i love the artwork for this but not digging the heavy price tag on the vinyl

Guest teetime

does anybody know if this is actually released under squarepusher or if it'll be tagged shobaleader one? what I gathered is that it's obviously "presented" by squarepusher but shobaleader one is the "band" name (wether the band is real or not is another question entirely).

i love the artwork for this but not digging the heavy price tag on the vinyl

"Last summer a bunch of kids got in contact with me. They were talking about forming an ensemble, which I thought was a ridiculous idea, but I was impressed by their perseverance, so we met up. The idea was that they wanted the 'fantasy group' I had written about in connection with [my] Just A Souvenir [album] to become a real entity that would record and tour...Part of the idea is that this music is a completely clean break with whatever they've done in the past, so I'm not going to mention any names. I can tell you that they are pretty frightening players." You can check out the artwork and tracklist for d'Demonstrator, along with an album trailer, below."

Squarepusher:Bass/Vocals

Strobe Nazard:Keyboards

Sten Tmech:Guitar

Arg Nution:Guitar

Company Laser:Drums

after watching this video i'm pretty much done with squarepusher. the video in and of itself is great but i can't stop hating his new jam band electric guitar sound

ninja is one of the few people in the world that i actually find physically repulsive. looking at him makes me ill. so, so weird.

preview seemed a bit meh. hope there's more to it than just that.

when i first heard about Die Anterwood having a member that suffered from progeria i automatically assumed it was Ninja and that he had a mild case of it.

Guest Hanratty

not sure this is a fair assessment, but here goes:

It used to seem like Tom J. was the serious musician and brother Andy J. was the goofball making cheesy acid tracks. But now it seems like the roles are reversing and Andy is actually more serious about making lasting music.

Archived