IGNORED

Duke Nukem Forever LIVES

Joyrex

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant

there was a blurb-preview in game informer. yeah, my roommate gets game informer. great toilet reading. not much else.

anyways, the guy was saying it's classic duke all the way. crap AI, randomly spawning aliens, classic sense of "humour," the whole 9 yards. if nothing else it will probably be a helluva nostalgia trip. i guess it starts with the end of duke 3d, the football field battle.

• 2 months later...

Yj74k.jpg

Duke Nukem Forever release date got broken in South Australia. how anti climactic

I'm surprised it's even sold in Australia.

I thought that country had put a ban on violent games.

WOOT! Waiting for Amazon to ship me this guy on Tuesday. Then its time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum.

damn its just a throwback? thats what i feared :(

not just a throwback, but an entire game based off of the gimmicks that made the first one popular. My main turn off to this game was the hype, it's gonna be exactly the game everyone was whining about and nothing more.

Wasn't it just some *pick of the pieces and having it finished by some normal game developer* since the day they declared it finally dead? I really want to see how the game looked like before they where forced to have it finished with a clear deadline

not just a throwback, but an entire game based off of the gimmicks that made the first one popular. My main turn off to this game was the hype, it's gonna be exactly the game everyone was whining about and nothing more.

there's a demo out, and looks like they incorporated modern fps standards into duke, so you get your regenerating health and max 2 weapon holding. so actually instead of being a throw back it's just a generic fps, with some references to duke nukem 3d.

there's a demo out, and looks like they incorporated modern fps standards into duke, so you get your regenerating health and max 2 weapon holding. so actually instead of being a throw back it's just a generic fps, with some references to duke nukem 3d.

it's not just some references...the level design is VERY Duke Nukem 3D.

i've been enjoying my play through so far.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

My only question : are there laser trip mines and shrink rays?

lol, yes.. duke nukem 3d multi-player was a helluva lot of fun for awhile.

fired up a torrent download from tpb, surfed into youtube to check some gameplay videos, deleted the torrent from utorrent, surfed into watmm dnf thread to post this message.

LOL

after reading that review i can confirm the following:

1. the reviewer obviously played a console version of the game.

2. the reviewer had expectations for the game that were unrealistically lofty.

i'm trying to beat the final boss at the moment (have been playing through on hardest difficulty) and i can honestly say that i have enjoyed playing the game. my expectations were met.

haters gon hate

To be fair Osc, there was no way you were going to dislike DNF

i have a couple of gripes with the game, namely the whole regenerating health and 2 weapon limit.

but on the whole, the game gave me what i expected - Duke Nukem 3D, with better graphics.

the ending was extremely disappointing though.

Archived