04 Ganky

05 Stained Century

06 Cordate

07 Holobenthic Grex Venalium

08 Blue Shifty Missions

09 Breathe Between Sleep

10 Vernor Vinge

11 Balaam

Christ. finally returns with his long awaited second long player. Following the intermediate "Seeing and Doing EP" in 2005 which journeyed through an introspective path, Christ.'s new album is a return to the melodic fold and builds upon his unique individual style that was unleashed to the world via his "Pylonesque" debut.

Released in Winter 2006, the album glistens with simplistic beauty underpinned by subtle yet expertly crafted washes of sound. Tracks like "Cordate" have been Christ.'s trademark from pre-Benbecula days, and one only has to marvel at the recording of this live, single-take keyboard piece to fully appreciate the influence he has had.

Christ. strips back electronic melody into its purest form and when you have the talent, foresight and confidence in the originality of your music, less is definitely more.

In case anyone hasn't heard, Christ.'s new 'Blue Shift Emissions' LP is due out late November. There's a clip on the Benbecula site.

His recent remix of Rising Sun by Alias & Tarsier is pretty damn good. It's nice to recognize an artists just by hearing-- that's something i didn't get out of either TCH.

Anyone else excited for new Christ?

"Seeing and Doing EP" in 2005 which journeyed through an introspective path, Christ.'s new album is a return to the melodic fold and builds upon his unique individual style that was unleashed to the world via his "Pylonesque" debut.
i think they need to hire a new press writer

one only has to marvel at the recording of this live, single-take keyboard piece to fully appreciate the influence he has had.

lol ... who exactly has chris horne influenced?

he has influenced me to buy his new album

i also expect benbecula has been flooded with demos by christ. wannabees

here is

vernor vinge from the ep, its lush

Are you sure it's wise to post that here, Kaen?

Not saying you should take it down, just warning.

yeah its ok dude, got the link off the benbecula site

it's also the song on his myspace page

i like it

very nice indeed

he has influenced me to buy his new album

i also expect benbecula has been flooded with demos by christ. wannabees

lol, no no no ... they're all BoC wannabes

ok pubbin,

so pylonesque, metamorphic, seeing and doing and vernor vinge, and indeed the lovely analog workout that's currently up at benbecula all sound like boc even though they are massively disparate from each other?

lazy.

could do better.