IGNORED

Lil B.

vamos scorcho

Guest AcrossCanyons

wow over the past few years everyone that's joined watmm has been a crybaby whenever they disagree with someone, maybe you guys need to grow up

hypocrisy, thy name is tht tne.

I've not been following this guy but I'm assuming it's major trolling? because nobody is that awful. if I'm wrong somebody please explain to me what makes him any good. safe.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

part of the appeal is the mystery of whether he's trying to be funny or not. and then there are the moments where he's actually very good. and even moments where it gets very emotional or tripped out.

to be honest, most of the time i find myself mystified at how fucking funny it is, but i don't always know if he's aware that he's being funny, based on the interviews.

• 1 month later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl6Mf4yTm7A&feature=related

extremely secrete #swag #based VERY rare

Shit so swag... Wonder if he puts this shit together himself, he must listen to plaid :)

Young Based God... by far the most handsome nigga out there, yo.

part of the appeal is the mystery of whether he's trying to be funny or not. and then there are the moments where he's actually very good. and even moments where it gets very emotional or tripped out.

to be honest, most of the time i find myself mystified at how fucking funny it is, but i don't always know if he's aware that he's being funny, based on the interviews.

this, exactly. His shit manages to be 100% entertainment and somehow not incredibly annoying to listen to, how does he do it?

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I think I might be getting into this dumbass's music. it's sort of strangely infectious. I read a bukowski quote on wikipedia recently that reminded me of lil b.

Somebody at one of these places [...] asked me: "What do you do? How do you write, create?" You don't, I told them. You don't try. That's very important: not to try, either for Cadillacs, creation or immortality. You wait, and if nothing happens, you wait some more. It's like a bug high on the wall. You wait for it to come to you. When it gets close enough you reach out, slap out and kill it. Or if you like its looks you make a pet out of it.

Guest Enter a new display name

Why do they call it ambient rap? Is this because there is a black guy talking over ambient soundscapes?

Guest nene multiple assgasms

Why do they call it ambient rap? Is this because there is a black guy talking over ambient soundscapes?

yeah, it's probably 'cause they're racist, not because the guy's primarily known as a rapper.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Backson

HOLD ON A DAMN SECOND HERE

excuse me for being thick, but is this a meme or a wattem joke or what?

or have you guys all gone hipster and legitimately like this southern hip hop artist?

HOLD ON A DAMN SECOND HERE

excuse me for being thick, but is this a meme or a wattem joke or what?

or have you guys all gone hipster and legitimately like this southern hip hop artist?

:facepalm:

Firstly I think what you mean is ironically* not legitimately. I do not understand where legitimately enjoying something coincides with being a hipster.

But the answer is that we (or at least I and Bubbhasdance, to my knowledge) honestly enjoy the music that Brandon "Lil B" McCartney crafts so majestically, and personally I believe he is the voice of a generation and a highly accomplished genius.

If you disagree with that we have no problems, thats perfectly fine. But Based God is no more a meme than any other artist and I think it's disrespectful to assume so, to the fans and to Based God as an artist.

Guest Backson

Firstly I think what you mean is ironically* not legitimately. I do not understand where legitimately enjoying something coincides with being a hipster.

oh fuck, i just got schooled!

but you'll have to forgive me, i just find this music really bad. and I struggle to think of a nicer way of saying that.

Guest Backson

so his appeal lies in his lyrics?

maybe that's why I don't see it. I was too busy listening to the very stock-standard southern hip hop beats. which i also happen to despise.

i'm fucked Lil B help me get down to my levels even while i'm saying this my level is so flow abysmal but in me i have the desire to soar, to float like a fuckin bird in the sky yo see what i mean i can't even hold onto the most simple ideas and i got satan in me like a fuckin boxcar in hell but sometimes its been so long to be so simple Ah dear basedgod i know i can go deeper and deeper

lil b is easy to hate. i showed some tracks to a friend of mine and he basically begged me to turn it off the whole time.

actually, i love lil b but i don't completely get why he does the "gangasta" stracks which often are the ones i don't listen to

i prefer when he gets a little weird and spaces out over a beat or talks about random funny shit. i like when he's fully based, fully open, no strings attached as opposed to when you can tell he's writing the lyrics. i think he should continue to pursue his "based world" instead of bothering with standerd tracks. if you think about it, what he's doing is absolutely brilliant both musically and philosophically. sweet! he's the most original artist working today that i'm aware of, and probably one that will have more impact than u think !

for me he is a gigantic inspiration. the amount of hate he brings upon himself is enough to set off an alert in my mind that he must be doing something interesting. i've begun making my own based tracks - i'd been making them for a while, basically sitting in the basement with a guitar and playing the first shit in my head, singing random crap without sense (but that now in retrospect makes sense) and just shitting around.

hearing lil b release his thoughts without worry at all about retribution makes me realize i can do absolutely anything and it will be ok. it's better to do what you feel than to try to fit in. i no longer have any desire for structure in my music, almost no desire that is. i can sit down with a track and shit all over it and if i feel like screaming over the top about babyshaking then i will. whether or not anybody else likes it is 100% irrelevant, and if i'm lucky somebody will anyway. the idea is that it doesn't matter anymore, we're too far into the rabbit hole of man's existence for it to matter. the only thing that matters is that you love yourself and do what you feel.

thank you based god!

Archived