IGNORED

I'm going to kill someone

Braintree

Guest Wall Bird

I want to find the fuck who did it, chop off his hands, make them into nunchucks, and beat him to death with them.

Aaaaaaaaah... that's funny. I got a hearty laugh from that.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Coalbucket PI

Lent my bike to my friend this weekend, didn't realise he was so fucked on ketamine, but he rang me ten minutes later saying he'd broken it. Turned out he just snapped the chain somehow falling off it so I replaced that easily enough. *edit* too much personal bitching removed

"My bike gets 0 MPG, and leaves no carbon footprint. Plus it's more fun. "

Actually, it sort of gets more like infinitely many miles per gallon. Since you're taking the limit of miles/gallons as gallons goes to zero.

"My bike gets 0 MPG, and leaves no carbon footprint. Plus it's more fun. "

Actually, it sort of gets more like infinitely many miles per gallon. Since you're taking the limit of miles/gallons as gallons goes to zero.

Well you can take it either way. You're not using any gallons of anything at all, hence the 0 MPG.

Also, there's a small carbon footprint involved since the parts have to be manufactured and shipped, yet requires no energy source beyond human power [which also requires food be shipped].

/semantics

Ugh, people driving trucks like that without a legitimate reason should be shot on sight.

name one legitimate reason to drive a truck like that...

You know, hauling heavy loads, logistic stuff, for work. Having a truck like that to drop the kids of to school and do the groceries is stupid.

Ugh, people driving trucks like that without a legitimate reason should be shot on sight.

name one legitimate reason to drive a truck like that...

You know, hauling heavy loads, logistic stuff, for work. Having a truck like that to drop the kids of to school and do the groceries is stupid.

indeed, like for towing super heavy duty shit, but isn't that model pictured one that ford's selling specifically for luxury purposes and the super rich? if so, i'm referring to that model especially. not to mention the majority of ingrates who buy these ridiculously huge Ford F-650's solely for showing off, mudding, or to use as obnoxious moving adverts for their stupid fucking energy drink businesses, or some shit of the like. overall, i'm against the idea of driving these enormous gas-guzzlers for any reason whatsoever, but that's another story.

specialized-langster-2008-single-speed-road-bike.jpg?1227111686

My bike which I've had for about 2 months..

It cost a lot and is worth about £400-500. If it ever got nicked I would cry. I think.

Sorry to hear braintree, i now understand the passion of cycling..

Guest dilbthelame

i parked my bike outside while i went to work in a restaurant, didn't have a lock so the owner lent me her crappy one

a few hours later, broken bike lock, no bike. an hour walk home in a fucking epic storm.

upside one: was the boss' bike lock

upside two: was my girlfriends bike, and she got it free anyway

upside three: lived in a hilly part of bristol at the time, and both the brakes were fucked. i'm guessing/hoping the guy who chavved it found that out the hard way. there's no better teacher than professor faceplant

How much you reckon the crackheads who steal the bikes can get for them? I can't imagine it would be that much, unless it's some stupid expensive bike with all the bells and whistles. But then you deserve to get it knicked for leaving it exposed in an environment it's most likely not suited for.

I really want to spray paint over the 'Specialized' logo on my bike, as that brand name has always been a proper chav magnet.

Like fiends to crack.

BIXI is the key man. No more stolen bike. No more stress about where to lock it, how to lock it, with what lock, etc... Those things ride probably better than any bike under 500$

http://www.bixi.com/

bixi1.jpg

Talk with your city Councillor, start petitions, etc...

We've got those fuckers in London now. Haven't used them yet. The good thing is that if you use one for less than 30 minutes you don't get charged. Now that is value.

BIXI is the key man. No more stolen bike. No more stress about where to lock it, how to lock it, with what lock, etc... Those things ride probably better than any bike under 500$

bixi1.jpg

have (edit: had, they're gone now) them here in ottawa, never used one. credit-card up front? no thanks.. also, the bikes look slow and heavy.

Do you have to lock them to a bixi station?

Yeah those stations are locks. But you can lock it anywhere you want with your own stuff, just need to put it back into a station after usage. It's not like your gonna get your BIXI stolen (bike that is impossible to conceal, RFID chip, etc..)

bixi1.jpg

have (edit: had, they're gone now) them here in ottawa, never used one. credit-card up front? no thanks.. also, the bikes look slow and heavy.

Cmon Chaos, we're in the 21th Century. If you can pay your card why be afraid of a credit card? It makes it possible to have your profile, iphone app with real-time station tracking, carbon-profile of your entire bike routes, etc...

The bike aren't slow at all, normal people really zoom by, they go up without real efforts. That's what you don't get, it's bike for everybody, It democratize the usage. It's an amazing piece of engineering, since all the pieces don't fit on normal bike (so no thieves).

That's a great concept, but they really are quite ugly.

Plus I want to compete in some races, so I don't think that would be a good investment for me. For the average person that just wants a bike that goes from A to B, it probably works out great.

I live east of downtown in Austin and my bike got stolen from my back porch that is not visible from the road. wtf?

It was an inside job!

Archived