IGNORED

the luke vibert sample spotting thread

solarion

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Considering the track was made between 1994 and 1996 I wouldn't bet on it. Can't listen right now, but I'm quite sure it isn't. Afaik Luke never sampled Aphex tunes before (in released stuff).

Considering the track was made between 1994 and 1996 I wouldn't bet on it. Can't listen right now, but I'm quite sure it isn't. Afaik Luke never sampled Aphex tunes before (in released stuff).

No Reality is from Back on Time which came out in 2012. Did he release some older tracks on that album, or were you thinking of Drum n Bass for Papa?

No Reality is from Back on Time which came out in 2012. Did he release some older tracks on that album, or were you thinking of Drum n Bass for Papa?

I already had it in 2011 though :) and yes, it's 100% old stuff. It was promoted as such when it was released + he mentions it in that interview from yesterday:

I really loved the 2011 Ninja Tunes release—but that was all old music, right?

Ancient. '94-6.

I already had it in 2011 though :) and yes, it's 100% old stuff. It was promoted as such when it was released + he mentions it in that interview from yesterday:

I really loved the 2011 Ninja Tunes release—but that was all old music, right?

Ancient. '94-6.

Oh, I didn't know that. The 2011 album on Ninja Tune was Toomorrow though.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[youtubehd]UrRnZECLr1Y[/youtubehd]

drum break used in "God" on Voix de Reason

and Sparky is a Retard and a few other Rhythm tracks

Edited by Velazquez

• 1 month later...

can't work this one out: that's definitely the beginning of the Psycho Tape mix/session that crops up, but i'm not sure how it was isolated in that.

Dale Jacobs is sampling a John Baker track I think, or at least a famous BBC Radiophonic Workshop tune. I've got it somewhere, will look it up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sometimes I feel like one of those outsider artists who just goes to the 9-5 and then they come home and watch tv and make dinner and then they do a couple of hours on the giant shrine they've got in the garage

anyway, a string sample from Fly Swat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY3-3MKdZLY

sometimes I feel like one of those outsider artists who just goes to the 9-5 and then they come home and watch tv and make dinner and then they do a couple of hours on the giant shrine they've got in the garage

anyway, a string sample from Fly Swat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY3-3MKdZLY

Oh my, that one is really a gem!

Listened to this Ron Trent DJ set yesterday and he played this track, not sure if it's the original sample but can't be bothered looking it up rn. Not even sure in which Vibert track it is too, it just made my Vibert sample alarm go off :)