IGNORED

Lone - Emerald Fantasy Tracks

Redruth

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seems like he might be going in a different direction with this one - i hope he doesn't change to much - i've been disappointed by other artists following the trends.

was listening to ecstasy and friends other night - reminded of how unique lone's sound truly is - wonderful music's

• 2 weeks later...

Only listened to one sample to keep it fresh but damn his sounds progressing so well. I never really dug Ecstasy too much seemed a bit lost in itself while he figured out his direction but this is more like it.

Guest Joebot Kill

Only listened to one sample to keep it fresh but damn his sounds progressing so well. I never really dug Ecstasy too much seemed a bit lost in itself while he figured out his direction but this is more like it.

yeah. there was something about ecstasy and friends that seemed kind of empty. which is weird because i've loved everything else he put out. like these samples and artwork though. this prompted me to pick up that 10" off of bleep too.

Guest Backson

i'm listening to the previews, this sounds great.

my only problem is that everytime a new album comes out I put too much emphasis on how I want it to blow my mind, end up being slightly disappointed by my over excitement, and end up with more albums than I'll listen to. Then nothing gets appreciated and i feel lousy.

don't worry, personal crisis.

seems like he might be going in a different direction with this one - i hope he doesn't change to much - i've been disappointed by other artists following the trends.

was listening to ecstasy and friends other night - reminded of how unique lone's sound truly is - wonderful music's

I agree, I don't want Lone to deviate too much from his sound, as it's quite unique (and great). Artists should of course be free to experiment with their sound and shouldn't be held back because of their established audience, but it would be a great shame if he were to completely abandon the sound he established himself with.

That being said, I do like a large proportion of what I'm hearing on the samples, stand-outs being Moon Beam Hand, Petrcane Beach Track, and The Birds Don't Fly This High.

i'm listening to the previews, this sounds great.

my only problem is that everytime a new album comes out I put too much emphasis on how I want it to blow my mind, end up being slightly disappointed by my over excitement, and end up with more albums than I'll listen to. Then nothing gets appreciated and i feel lousy.

don't worry, personal crisis.

I do this all the time too don't worry. I love Lone though so I'm sure I'll love this. The thread actually inspired me to listen to Ecstasy again and I underestimated it a tad

Guest AcrossCanyons

A few tracks sound really great (first 2 and last 2 particularly)... tempted to pre-order it but i think I'll hold out until I've heard the whole thing.

I agree, I don't want Lone to deviate too much from his sound, as it's quite unique (and great). Artists should of course be free to experiment with their sound and shouldn't be held back because of their established audience, but it would be a great shame if he were to completely abandon the sound he established himself with.

needs an alternate sobriquet if things continue to change imo

needs an alternate sobriquet if things continue to change imo

Yeah, that would be a good idea.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived