IGNORED

'so what sort of music do you like?'

Guest dilbthelame

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

It's funny how much I don't like these questions anymore. I could give a fuck about talking music with anyone these days unless I already know they are way cool and can actually share interesting stuff. I have met too many people that have no clue what good music is, "Yeah dude my favorite concert was Metallica a couple years ago"... huuuh.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"imagine an alternate universe where music is sort of the same but weirder, like Skrillex but no drop, like Lady Gaga but charity shop clothes, like Adele but pretty with a crappy synthesiser, like the Foo Fighters but the singer is still the drummer and was the singer and drummer in 117 bands that were all just him, like Beyoncé but likes anal rather than buying her own stuff, like Coldplay but just the reverb, and the point is to sell as few records (or MP3s) as possible but be as creative as possible and not necessarily create something that anyone will like... if only one person likes it, then that's a success... that person is me, and i make the music..."

I like good music and I do not care what other people think about it

I also ask people what music they like and try to find other songs they are going to like by looking up similar musical scales

not yet, not over here anyway. I don't think techno is going away in a looong time, possibly never... To many people there are only four music genres: pop, rock, techno, jazz.

Last time it went like this:

- So what kind music do you like?

- Skrillex!

- Skrilex uh? Not really my cup of tea....

- Just kidding, I'm more into weird underground eletronic music....

- Really? Me too...

We both stared for a while then I dropped it

- Aphex Twin?

- Fuck yes!!

And then we smiled and high-fived

That's how I broke the mirror.

Last time it went like this:

- So what kind music do you like?

- Skrillex!

- Skrilex uh? Not really my cup of tea....

- Just kidding, I'm more into weird underground eletronic music....

- Really? Me too...

We both stared for a while then I dropped it

- Aphex Twin?

- Fuck yes!!

And then we smiled and high-fived

That's how I broke the mirror.

lol

do you guys ever answer with "electrooonic techno music" in the UT1-dot voice?

because I totally have never done that ever

Guest couch

"I like any genre of music provided that it is good music"

classic

All this means is the person likes most things on the radio or in popular media, but nothing much else.

I always answer with "you can take a look at my ipod whenever I want" and awkwardly try to drive the conversation away from the music topic. If they insist I just answer "weird instrumental stuff, mostly electronic"

classic

All this means is the person likes most things on the radio or in popular media, but nothing much else.

for us, not for them, they really think they listen to good music...

Guest couch

classic

Well yah, they're told it's good music by the radio DJ or whatever. Of course they believe him.

classic

Well yah, they're told it's good music by the radio DJ or whatever. Of course they believe him.

of course, after all, he has a master on disc joking... ;)

this incredibly hot new girl at work asked me this question...i just said hardcore, thinking that would be a far more straight ahead answer. turns out it is not. i probably should have just said techno.

Archived