IGNORED

Minecraft

Guest fiznuthian

oh jesus, this is crack in game form :ohmy:

This is EXACTLY how I described it to a colleague this morning.

So come on, let's have some screens of your creations guys. You first because I've spent entirely TOO MUCH TIME on the game this weekend.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

although it looks like survival multiplayer isn't ready for show yet.

but once it is... we *really* need one.

other modes doesn't interest me.

yeah, creative mode is boring. there's no challenge. we should definitely wait until survival mode comes out. it'll be :emotawesomepm9:

Guest AcrossCanyons

i'll take some shots next time i'm on - just came off it, logging back in would mean another few hours mining away before i know it.

Guest Franklin

just started playing this game last night and it was boring/difficult at first but has really grown on me. it's amazing that such a simple game with shit graphics and no quests or storyline or characters or anything could be so addicting.

I kinda feel like a kid again playing this game. If you like/liked legos you'll love it too.

Nice one Franklin, I too have a cliffside house!

I'm working on a fucking massive castle right now. It's taking obscene amounts of cobblestone to make. I'll probably get sick of it before it's finished.

post-1262-005401500 1285713017_thumb.png

post-1262-004255700 1285713033_thumb.png

i downloaded it, i cant seem to do anything but run around pick up twigs and flowers and get stuck in caves

how do i build shit

http://minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Crafting

I have a question, if you build a pillar, then remove the bottom block, does it hover in the air, or fall back down? I'm seeing a lot of gravity-defying architecture in these shots...

it depends on the material. gravel and sand fall down, but everything else stays up.

it depends on the material. gravel and sand fall down, but everything else stays up.

so you could build a staircase up into the sky, then build some sort of weird stone design, then remove the staircase on your way back down, leaving a levitating stone design in the sky?

so you could build a staircase up into the sky, then build some sort of weird stone design, then remove the staircase on your way back down, leaving a levitating stone design in the sky?

when you remove the trunks from trees to make wood, the foliage just hovers.

Guest Franklin

I'm working on a fucking massive castle right now. It's taking obscene amounts of cobblestone to make. I'll probably get sick of it before it's finished.

nice design with the cliff pillars!

I'm working on the interior mostly at the moment. Then I have to figure out how to get fire and water.

yeah i saw that, but i'm wondering about rocks/concrete, wood - do they have to at least be connected to the ground in some way, or can they really levitate?

they can levitate.

Guest AcrossCanyons

yeah i saw that, but i'm wondering about rocks/concrete, wood - do they have to at least be connected to the ground in some way, or can they really levitate?

everything except sand and gravel can float (you have to connect them to blocks to place them, but you can remove them after and they will stay floating) - sand and gravel fall down if you knock the block/s under them down

nice design with the cliff pillars!

I'm working on the interior mostly at the moment. Then I have to figure out how to get fire and water.

i've basically got a shack with a mine several miles deep underneath. i encountered lava today.

i've basically got a shack with a mine several miles deep underneath. i encountered lava today.

that sounds so fucking fun

edit: i spent some time on a farm as a kid, and we would build really elaborate forts out of hay bales. This reminds me of that :-)

Archived