IGNORED

mushroom picking time

YEK

don't pick mushrooms unless you know exactly what you are picking. exactly. don't fuck around.

This.

ie: don't pick any fucking mushrooms. Find someone who knows what they are doing. we like you, don't die.

I don't think there are any species in the UK that are both poisonous and look significantly like liberty caps

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah im pretty sure that the conditions liberty caps grow in, ie short grass, recently trampled if possible, dont have any poisonous mushrooms which share those conditions.

anyway ive picked tens of thousands of mushrooms in my time, but i did get taught by someone rather than just diving in off an internet guide.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I've never picked them myself because the worry of them being wrong would ruin it for me. I know a few people I'd trust though, someone found some on a roundabout outside Asda last year.

Sometimes when it's been raining for a while, what looks like the common button mushroom, grows in little circles amongst the grass that fills the area between the road and peoples front fences. Whilst they in no way resemble any native species. I'm really not game to pick any.

i pick mushrooms all the time. but i pick the mushrooms that i know how to pick. i was taught by folks with experience. and i generally pick just edible, non-psychoactive mushrooms. but i've been known to indulge. i just have known lots of idiots that go out and pick mushrooms and think it's all good shit till they are vomiting blood before lapsing into a coma etc etc. i love mushrooms.

Archived