IGNORED

Boards Of Canada - Aquarius

mcbpete

Hey ho.

Just watched Watchdog this evening and I just heard the main loop of BOC Aquarius on there (which isn't surprising as they tend to rape the Warp record collection in BBC programs). But yeah it then started to go all funky with trumpets and saxaphones and things. So I was wondering, has this track taken its main loop off some awesome little disco track, or has someone been kinda cheeky and stolen off de boc?

Unfortunatly I don't have a recording, maybe its repeated soon and someone can tape it ? It's the first section about laser hair surgery treatment.

Pete...

could someone post a sample of the original? id love to hear that!

oh wait, maybe i wouldnt... it always disapoints me when i find out that a tune i love is nothing more than a sampled loop from some record decades ago... happened all the time when i used to be into housey stuff.

er, but anyway - if you gots a sample it would be hard for me not to listen to it. cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
lol thats awesome :grin:

I'd heard the original before aswell, and not realised that it was the same baseline as Aquarius. It even sings Aquarius all the way through. Man I'm silly. Still awesome to hear though!

Guest loga (xn) = n loga x

I thought that was common BoC fan knolege?

I am a slight BoC obssesor though.

When I try downloading that though, it comes up on a quicktime thingy. You know how I can get it on itunes?

I thought that was common BoC fan knolege?

I am a slight BoC obssesor though.

When I try downloading that though, it comes up on a quicktime thingy. You know how I can get it on itunes?

right clik>save link as

Guest loga (xn) = n loga x

no right click, my mouse only has one button, its posh but stupid.

I think I'll call it Tara Palmer Thompkinson.

I made myself laugh.. that's not cool. :fee:

this is quite a revelation.

i'm slightly disappointed that this one track - a cornerstone of my early discovery and love of teh boc - is not quite the pure creation I thought, but more a reinterpretation (of sorts) of the Hair musical track. I suppose the fact they retained the name is nod enough to its heritage.

It's still an awesome track however at any length and a boc highpoint for sure.

Ah cool. I was looking for this a while back.

I can remember being pretty disappointed when I listened to Pat Metheny, realising that the Orb lifted some hefty swathes of it for Little Fluffy Clouds. Felt the same with Aquarius, but it's still an awesome track, obviously. When I first heard BoC's Aquarius I remember thinking 'How did they come up with such a funky yet simple bassline?' Doh. But yeah, it's not like they were hiding anything...

• 2 months later...
Guest Moebius

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this was pointed out in the original DavidAC page. Not to say he was the first, necessarily, but it's been long known.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tiredbrandon
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this was pointed out in the original DavidAC page. Not to say he was the first, necessarily, but it's been long known.

who cares..i found it here so im happy

Archived