IGNORED

Strange Pictures Thread

Redruth

It's Mt Saint Helens, before the eruption. Knowing that makes it a bit fucking eerie to look at, but also a lot of the pictures of St Helens before the blast look a bit fake in a weird way. I can't quite place why some of pictures feel fake to me, but this one is easy because there are a lot of doctored elements to it, probably because it was meant for a postcard, but still. I think the what if I told you thread is having an effect on me, lol.

It's Mt Saint Helens, before the eruption. Knowing that makes it a bit fucking eerie to look at, but also a lot of the pictures of St Helens before the blast look a bit fake in a weird way. I can't quite place why some of pictures feel fake to me, but this one is easy because there are a lot of doctored elements to it, probably because it was meant for a postcard, but still. I think the what if I told you thread is having an effect on me, lol.

cool post dude

Dunno, only thing that looks doctored to me is the branch at the upper side but that might be the light that falls in weirdly that makes it appear so because it is placed at a spot where someone who would put it in in post wouldn't place it because it's compositionally a very weird place to locate that branch. I think what makes the pic look weird is the colours. Everything looks very pink and sweet and highly saturated but worn out at the same time, that reminds on Twin Peaks

• 3 weeks later...

^some good avatar material in that article

Here's my contribution that I hope ends up in Dank Memes at some point :)

https://www.thinking3d.ac.uk/Ashmole1298/

ashmole-fig04.jpg

funny lol

p.s. but id just like to add that avicenna made the canon of medicine with better illustrations of human anatomy almost 300 yrs before this one. but hey, how could we say out loud that someone other than us europeans made anything better or before us? fake news!

^good point of course! Middle Eastern advancements (as well as Asia east, plenty of others) have long been ignored by Western history. There was tons of information being shared across cultures as evidenced by that Wiki article suggests, but it doesn't seem to be common knowledge.

Fun fact, the Galen mentioned in that article was one of many inspirations for my last album, he got a sort of shout out in a song title in fact :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You know they're good when the seller drops the price 25% before they can even finish creating the ad.
Note: There is no mention of any "stuffing" or ingredients.

Edited by jsmcpn

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...