IGNORED

dam-funk

acid1

Man so awesome. Will be interesting to hear what he sounded like 20 years ago.

I remember listening to a track of his in late 2007 on this compilation, I can safely say I was one of the first people to hear and go "holy shit!" seeing as the lastfm profile for him was <1000 listens. I had no idea it was one guy at the time. Stones Throw has kept a pretty solid roster...

I discovered his stuff must be about 3-4 years ago. I was instantly on it as I'm a massive funk/electro funk fan. This guy just seemed to create the most perfect soulful street funk I could ever imagine. That said some of his tracks could definitely do with some tighter production and polishing. Anyways I'm still a big big fan although Jake Slazenger gives Dam a good hiding lol!!

i don't know why, but that dude with the argyle sweater looks really familiar!

I thought it sorta looked like DJ Quik but I'm not sure.

Guest analogue wings

i thought it could be a picture of a young dam funk, the time period seems right

the guy in the middle is DF

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Enter a new display name

Adolescent Funk got leaked. The second half of the album makes up for the poor remastering/panning. That was a really fun listen.

I remember listening to a track of his in late 2007 on this compilation, I can safely say I was one of the first people to hear and go "holy shit!" seeing as the lastfm profile for him was <1000 listens. I had no idea it was one guy at the time. Stones Throw has kept a pretty solid roster...

Yeah, 'Sidewayz', that was definitely the standout track- I kept coming back to it like wtf, I need to hear more from this guy. Glad we got to, the double album owns.

Definitely seems like a good guy too, here's a link to his little talk at the Red Bull Music Academy if anyone is interested.

Guest analogue wings

really enjoy his work, anyone heard any of his boogie sets? pretty farking ace

dam funk and ed dmx have to do something, remixes of each other work or collab

i have a dam-funk vs dmx krew dj mix somewhere...

• 1 year later...

Saw Dâm-Funk tonight with the brand new band, fun and groovy stuff! The guys hadn't had time to rehearse much, so they still had some "kinks to work out", like Dâm said himself. Still good fun and great vibes!

Jon Theodore plays drums now, which was a cool surprise.

• 1 month later...

Saw Dâm-Funk tonight with the brand new band, fun and groovy stuff! The guys hadn't had time to rehearse much, so they still had some "kinks to work out", like Dâm said himself. Still good fun and great vibes!

Jon Theodore!!!

I need to see this.

Jon Theodore!!!

I need to see this.

This is something I have to see!! Theodore is in my top 3 favorite drummers, seeing him do work with dam-funk would be an eargasm.

• 4 years later...

Archived