IGNORED

People who never apologise

kaen

I find good manners go a very long way even if it's not apparent at the time... truth always wins in the end. I also have a natural dislike for people without manners so they don't get much of my time anyway.

A few years back I started saying "no!" when people wanted to apologize to me, if I knew they didn't mean it, or if they made the same error over and over again. I still do it, because I feel you can't really say it's ok, if it isn't. Anyone else do that?

Don't do this to kids because kids will make the same mistake over and over

I don't, I say it to adults.

I know if someone is truly sorry because they sincerely regret their actions, turn from and never repeat them again. Sorry from some folk is just an empty guilt trip.

Or say goodbye at the end of phone calls, which weirded me out for the longest time until I became acquainted with people who were really like that. Their phone calls are always so efficient and time effective.

But then I feel like an asshole for saying "bye" to a dial tone.

There seemed no point in overly tedious goodbyes, just a well bye would suffice.

Well yeah, but I'm talking about phone conversations that end with no bye of any sort. There's just a point where it's understood that all the relevant info has been passed along, and then a click. Every phone conversation in any movie is like that, but I've only just started experiencing it in real life. It works just fine mind you, not offended by it at all, just reminded of it by the comment about no thank yous in movies.

i thought it was a typical american thing (you don't see this kind of behavior in french films. wich are pretty bad by the way).

Recently ive become friends with someone and ive noticed a trend in their personality, they're NEVER wrong, NEVER apologise and even take something they did wrong and turn it back onto other people instead of just saying "hey i made a mistake, sorry". Im a pretty relaxed kind of guy and ill happily deal with and put up with whatever annoying trait people have because mostly it doesn't make much difference to me but those people with absolutely no comprehension of being responsible for their actions i just cannot stand or even begin to understand why they do what they do.

Anyone else know someone like this, id be interested to here stories on how they justify themselves. Some of the self delusional arguments ive had of late are just blowing my mind and i cant quite get my head around it. Why would someone go to such lengths to not be at fault, to even go on the offence and attack the non guilty party when all they had to do was say, im sorry.

discuss

welcome to crappy flatmates justifying why they didn't have to do their own dishes example from 7 years ago, no longer live with.

For the first few weeks with living with him, I let his dishes pile up (we have a dishwasher), removing anything from the bowl of the sink so that i can do stuff like fill a saucepan with water or wash lettuce, then every few days i clean the kitchen of all his shit using multiple dishwasher loads. This continues for these first few weeks, with me on occasion making very polite reference to the obvious.

Then I finally, having completed the experiment and having the weight of weeks of evidence to back up my criticism. State in no uncertain terms that he is taking advantage of a good friend who has been doing all his dishes for him, and could he finally take some personal responsibility for his shit in the communal area.

Do you know how he rebuts what to me seems an open an shut case. He gets angry at me (well this should be obvious, it's a basic ploy of this type of personality) then swings with the most ridiculous excuse i've ever heard, "You have been doing all the cleaning straight away before i've had a chance to get to it."

Now once the bully personality has his rebuttal, he will usually stick with it to the death, it is the only ground from which the argument is allowed to continue forth. Forcing you to somehow logically defend against the completely illogical whilst caught up in the realm of the absurd. Which of course isn't possible, so the creature has put you on the back foot, much loud noises are made, and nothing further is discussed let alone solved.

----

My first flatmate experience was the antithesis of this, when i moved in we even had a cleaning roster. They were pretty damn organised for jazz students. heh. And with this organisation came a kind of liberation both situationally and spiritually, for everyone living in that home.

eneewae, reads beyond the first post to the rest of the thread later, still trying to get through repoman before my brother comes home and we can watch iron man 2 on blue ray (yae).

What a nightmare lol. Christ I could never live with someone like that no fn way. All of us understand that we do our own dishes that's just common courtesy. I have lived with some absolutely bone idol retards and it is very boring. I usually do other cleaning aside from my own dishes just because I like to live in a tidy flat and actually don't mind cleaning.

Guest happycase

This person sounds like a snob.

I bet you can bet your ass he's divided inside. He has an inner bitch who nags himself, pretending to be righteous, which is an active set of principles to live by and uphold, and which disregards appearances (statuses) in favor of action itself. His inner facade of being righteous is hiding an inner teenage bitch, which became a part of his psyche when snobby girls' attitudes toward the world were at an earlier point in his life threatening to him. He projected power onto these snobby girls and introjected their shallow mode of perception, since he saw this as a superior way of surviving socially. He now won't associate with lower forms of intelligence, including artistic taste, spiritual understanding, social competence, physical appearance, and exalts the superior counterparts. Because he can't accept his weaknesses, he disowns them. But these weaknesses don't leave his consciousness, they are just projected outward onto others, in the social realm where he can more clearly make the distinction between right (power) and wrong (weakness) and can identify with his bitch comfortably, since he sees strength in it. A bitch has a passive orientation to the world, superficially commenting on things based on blindly assimilated hierarchies of information. So, being right is his defense mechanism. Of course he's also superficially nagging himself all the while, which divided him into a nagger and a nagged. He sees the nagged part of himself as pathetic and actually experiences himself as pathetic while he's nagging himself. On the inside he identifies more strongly with his weakness, which is why when he gets a chance to be a phony, a persona, he's "right" all the time. In the social realm, he shoves off this pathetic self-image onto external characters, but the inferiority judgment is somewhat dampened as it will always pale in comparison to self-hatred, and wouldn't serve him socially to actually think of others as pathetic the way he sees himself. Therefore he's a pathetic self-nagging bitch, and probably has strong homosexual urges which is why you should

Get him in a headlock and fuck his pussy.

Guest tht tne

I bet you can bet your ass he's divided inside. He has an inner bitch who nags himself, pretending to be righteous, which is an active set of principles to live by and uphold, and which disregards appearances (statuses) in favor of action itself. His inner facade of being righteous is hiding an inner teenage bitch, which became a part of his psyche when snobby girls' attitudes toward the world were at an earlier point in his life threatening to him. He projected power onto these snobby girls and introjected their shallow mode of perception, since he saw this as a superior way of surviving socially. He now won't associate with lower forms of intelligence, including artistic taste, spiritual understanding, social competence, physical appearance, and exalts the superior counterparts. Because he can't accept his weaknesses, he disowns them. But these weaknesses don't leave his consciousness, they are just projected outward onto others, in the social realm where he can more clearly make the distinction between right (power) and wrong (weakness) and can identify with his bitch comfortably, since he sees strength in it. A bitch has a passive orientation to the world, superficially commenting on things based on blindly assimilated hierarchies of information. So, being right is his defense mechanism. Of course he's also superficially nagging himself all the while, which divided him into a nagger and a nagged. He sees the nagged part of himself as pathetic and actually experiences himself as pathetic while he's nagging himself. On the inside he identifies more strongly with his weakness, which is why when he gets a chance to be a phony, a persona, he's "right" all the time. In the social realm, he shoves off this pathetic self-image onto external characters, but the inferiority judgment is somewhat dampened as it will always pale in comparison to self-hatred, and wouldn't serve him socially to actually think of others as pathetic the way he sees himself. Therefore he's a pathetic self-nagging bitch, and probably has strong homosexual urges which is why you should

i got my hair highlighted, because i felt some strands were more important than others

someone's had therapy! you sound proper fucked up, dude.. i hope you're ok really and just copied that from a site somewhere..

Recently ive become friends with someone and ive noticed a trend in their personality, they're NEVER wrong, NEVER apologise and even take something they did wrong and turn it back onto other people instead of just saying "hey i made a mistake, sorry". Im a pretty relaxed kind of guy and ill happily deal with and put up with whatever annoying trait people have because mostly it doesn't make much difference to me but those people with absolutely no comprehension of being responsible for their actions i just cannot stand or even begin to understand why they do what they do.

Anyone else know someone like this, id be interested to here stories on how they justify themselves. Some of the self delusional arguments ive had of late are just blowing my mind and i cant quite get my head around it. Why would someone go to such lengths to not be at fault, to even go on the offence and attack the non guilty party when all they had to do was say, im sorry.

discuss

what did he/she actually do that was so wrong that you felt he/she should say sorry for? out of interest. can you say?

that might make things easier to get.. and pass a fleeting connected/unconnected glib judgement on..

Archived